PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its frustrating that they'll pay someone like him 15 mil a year, but they wont pay a Stefon Diggs or someone like that 2-3 million more for actual elite production
So odd right!!? Agholor, Jonnu, Bourne have been abject failures as FA signings.

Jonnu obviously the worst of the three but dang.

Lot of $$$ not producing

Mac has to calm down when things don't go his way. No pouting, no wild gestures, no running after the refs. It does suggest emotional immaturity and its not a good look for leader of the team.
He had a good game but the emotional immaturity under adverse circumstances keeps rearing its ugly head.
Ehhh Brady was equally pissy to referees and sometimes they deserve it

Last year v. Bucs
Last year v. Bills (monsoon game)
Okay the Bucs yeah, but that Bills game was special circumstances, we seen what Buffalo did the next time they faves NE where they didn’t have a single punt.

I was pining for Designed plays to take advantage of Thorntons speed.
It shows O’Connell is light years ahead of speed ahead on offensive play designs than Patricia.
Not sure why they ran that reverse for Bourne instead of Thornton. The difference in speed between Bourne and Thornton probably would have prevented the DT from blowing up the play.

Rookie Grades after 11 games:
Cole Strange B-
Tyquan Thornton C-
Marcus Jones B+
Jack Jones A-
Pierre Strange C-
Zapppe (as backup qb) B+
Kevin Harris C-
Sam Roberts C-
Chasen Hines C
Andrew Steuben Incomplete

Not a great draft overall a C or C+. They needed to do much better than this
Getting as much from their rookies as the Patriots have, given their draft position, is still impressive. They've gotten significant contributions from four of their top six picks.

As much as people like to dump on Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins just outdueled Mac Jones on Thanksgiving day.
The mantra that Cousins folds in the big games at night wasn’t going to hold. He is really too good to be labeled a loser in prime time.

Last edited:
Bill sounds really pissed about 3/10 on third down

I would not be upset to see the following players gone next year, some of them are locks to be gone, and I won’t shed a tear.
1. Agholor
2. Brown
3. Wynn
4. Smith (Not gonna happen due to hit, but he’s not right for this team.)
5. Bourne (Reports of attitude being in the gutter, and can’t seem to do anything positive when on the field.)

Go hard on fixing up the OL & finding a few legit weapons for Mac (or whomever) and move Matty P and Joe Judge back to some sort of advisory roles and as far away from the offense as possible. Parker is okay as long as the price tag stays cheap, and find a way to retain Meyers if you can and he’s not going to break the bank. He might not be electric, but he’s the most consistent WR we’ve got.

I picked us to lose but didn't think we would lose like this. Entertaining game at least. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving.

He’s also not a clutch 3rd down receiver like Brown, Welker, Edelman, Amendola. That’s 20 years of moving the chains
Uh I think that’s a bit unfair. I think meyers is quite a good third down receiver.

Last year v. Bucs
Last year v. Bills (monsoon game)
Okay the Bucs yeah, but that Bills game was special circumstances, we seen what Buffalo did the next time they faves NE where they didn’t have a single punt.

That’s actually a well-reasoned take. There’s a difference between being mad then moving on to the next play and letting something continue to bother you. Mac falls into the latter category.
Weird, cause I thought he acted too chill about the face mask and did not know why he kept hitting his mask until the replay. Thought he was talking about someone else.

As much as people like to dump on Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins just outdueled Mac Jones on Thanksgiving day.
Yes. I made the analogy earlier in the pregame thread of Captain Kirk to the rock band Nickelback. People like to talk smack about them but they’re actually pretty good. Even underrated.

#1 - undisciplined football. This time on Defense and Special teams. Pierre Strong with the most critical of penalties. Can't do it. Not ever. Harsh lesson learned.

#2 Nelson Agholor- not that guy. Very catchable ball at the end there. Jefferson would have made that catch. Heck, a faster Meyers would have made that catch. Highlights the fact that we are lacking in that clutch factor in the wr department for game sealing/breaking plays.

#3 Monster Pass Rush??? Where?? Talk about a game where that would have made a huge difference. No where to be found. Worrisome for this season as we approach the home stretch.

#4 Run Game- is it really legit? Rham is legit. Harris thus far has been injury prone and good for 2 or 3 decent plays a game. There's nothing else behind them.

#5 Pierre Strong - game changing penalty. Hes going to have carry that cross for a bit.

#6 Dugger.. he's basically a linebacker who's meh in coverage. I like him but I think he's a little overrated.

#7 Mac Jones played very well. Offensive line for the most part kept Mac upright.

We def got hosed..... We didn't help ourselves enough for me to be that upset about it.

Pierre FN strong ...f***ked it all up.

I wasn't arguing your main point. I just thought I'd toss out the most recent games that fit your criteria.

To your point, I think it does tell us something that there have only been two such games in the past year and a half, and that both such games came in bad weather games where the opposing QBs were having at least a little bit of difficulty being pinpoint with their throws. I wouldn't say it's anything definitive, but I would say that it's something worth paying attention to moving forward.

Overall, no progress in the post Brady rebuild. This team is no better than the one two years ago (first year after Brady rebuild).
The coaching is worse, the offense is worse and they are a boring team to watch with no marquee players.
I believe Kraft and BB will have a talk at the end of the season. Change is needed for this organization.

The bad:

- Miles Bryant call
- Dugger holding non-call
- A DB slipping on the Reagor 3rd down completion.
- Dugger possibly slipping on the Hockenson 3rd and goal TD
- Pierre Strong running into the kicker call
- Rham dropping a key 3rd down pass
- Jon Jones’ face mask penalties..both were unnecessary
- Agholor hesitation on the 4th down pass
- Injuries to Meyers, Agholor, and Damien Harris
- DMac not recognizing Thielen slipping behind the D (but he was helping out on Jefferson)
- Pass rush, BUT Cousins was getting rid of the ball fast tonight (including one to Thielen that should have been intentional grounding)
- Henry not stepping OOB
- Us not trying one more pass before halftime…

The good:

- Cleanest pocket I have seen all year
- Mac can throw the ball
- Nice KOR by Marcus Jones
- Big catches by Meyers, Agholor, Henry,
and Rham
- Nice sack by Uche
- Nice pick by Jon Jones….and 2
More “almost picks”
- This was a NFC loss. We are 1-3 vs. the NFC and still 5-2 in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes