PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a frustrating team. We have no consistency. Our D looks great against weak QBs and Offences like the JETE, Indy, Cleveland, etc.. but when we play a good offence we sh*t the bed. Our Offence looks like crap against good D's and now comes alive against a weaker Vikings D. No consistency.

And let's not act like the fans of all the teams that lost to us for 20 years blaming it on the refs. The ball moved when Henry's hands hit the ground. Unfortunately for us it wasn't a TD.

The defense was not an elite defense tonight. This has been true consistently against better offenses this year.
Not enough qb pressures tonight.

Pats final record could actually be 8-9 with losses to Miami, Buffalo twice, Cincinatti
wins against Arizona, Raiders

This will keep them out of playoffs and put them in late teens for draft picks...not great
Haha elite. The defense hasn’t been close to good when facing average qbs for years now.

Yeah cause the Pats had Tom Brady, turns out every needs a lot of things when your QB goes from being the best to the bottom 10.

It wasn't even Tom Brady. Sure, he made chicken salad out of chicken bleep a lot of years, but we saw other teams who didn't have elite WRs get deep into the playoffs even without an elite QB. Now I don't think you can. In the last couple of years, things have changed.

An elite WR is the second most important thing to have on a team after an elite QB. Two or three years ago, I would want an elite CB over an elite WR. Now, it is the WR.

Of all the dogshit calls or non calls, Hunter Henry's incompletion is at the bottom of the list. It was the right call. Don't make me defend it any further. You've ALWAYS had to survive the ground on a TD. Ball touched the ground, ball was loose after, easy incompletion
Totally wrong.

The ball didn't move after it hit the ground. It only started moving AFTER he began to roll over. Any replay will show you this. The ground did not dislodge the ball.

I mean look at Tua. Last year fans wanted to move on and he looked average. They get Tyreek Hill now he's a top QB.

Eagles were looking to move on from jaylen Hurts. They get AJ brown. Now he looks like a franchise guy.

It's the league now days.
but we have "studs" like Agholor that Stops running mid route.

I'm disappointed ... but the team is progressing ... mistakes by younger players and Trent Brown needs a diet.

Agholor drop was bad . Where is the speed.mac placed it perfectly .

Thornton is absent all along. Where is his speed ? Does he just get knocked off in LoS. Seems a big whiff of draft pick for now.
Thornton isn’t getting the targets to make a determination at this point.

I was never "The Pats need an elite WR" type of guy, but tonight is an example of proving me wrong. The league has changed. An elite WR can be the difference for a lot of teams. The biggest difference between Mac Jones and Kirk Cousins tonight wasn't the two QBs. It was Justin Jefferson.
I think Parker is close enough to Jefferson for our purposes right now. Issue is Parker is still getting right from injury (and is always injured). I’m more concerned about the other guys and the unit as a whole. Meyers is constantly dinged lately and every other WR besides Parker and Meyers seems to be inept. Plus the OL has previously been unable to protect long enough to take shots until today.

Exactly

After a game like this, all of his haters should really take a week long vacation and sit on the sidelines for a better opportunity to beat their wardrums

but they wont.
They'll pick out a bad play or two from the entire game two try and make their point, like TB never made a mistake.

Thornton is absent all along. Where is his speed ?
I was asking the same thing during the last drive. That was the time to go downfield with Tyquan Thornton in one n one coverage.

Patricia still was too conservative in his play calling on pass plays. But this game was a revelation in that we finally did have a bona fide pass attack that included down the field throws and not dump offs and dinks and dunks.

It’s a shame it was wasted on mental errors on our part and non calls by the zebras.

There's no signs the Pats are building towards anything except being the .500 football team they've been since Tom Brady left.

They're never going to be or awful or great and i see nothing changing about that anytime soon based on 2 1/2 seasons of evidence, they're just ok.

People don't want to admit it because they want some kind of hope but we all know it, Mac Jones and the Patriots are now the Andy Dalton Bengals they're alright they'll float about 9 or 10 wins but no one respects them as a legitimate team and the contenders will run right over them everytime.

Dude did you see the ridiculous sacks he took lol? The one at the end of the first half was particularly egregious. He threw the ball fine for most of the game, but the dude has zero clutchness or game awareness.
That comment shows how unreasonable you are. That drive they went 70 yards in a 1:27 and ran out of time because Henry got tackled in bounds when he easily could have stepped out. Mac lost one yard on a 70 yard drive two minute drill drive and that’s the play you focus on?

It shows it doesn’t matter what he does if he isn’t perfect fools like you will focus on that one play.

This is a frustrating team. We have no consistency. Our D looks great against weak QBs and Offences like the JETE, Indy, Cleveland, etc.. but when we play are good offence we sh*t the bed. Our Offence looks like crap against good D's and now comes alive against a weaker Vikings D. No consistency.

And let's not act like the fans of all the teams that lost to us for 20 years blaming it on the refs. The ball moved when Henry's hands hit the ground. Unfortunately for us it wasn't a TD.
I think it’s fair to expect an NFL official to catch a hold as blatant as the one that sprung their kickoff return td.

Okay, go find an elite QB that's available. I'll wait.

Tua wasn't good until he got two Top tier Wr's
Allen wasn't top tier til he got Diggs
Maybe we should go grab rodgers, he's elite right, or right he's surrounded by trash and it shows.
Bill doesn’t sign elite offensive players to record breaking contracts, on top of giving 1st rounders for them. You know that.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised at the defense.

I was saying all week that the Vikings offense is multidimensional and will give us problems, especially underneath. This was not a shock to me at all. We struggle underneath. Cousins was bailed out so many times and the Vikes OL held off the pass rush BECAUSE they went dink and dunk.

I wasn't surprised at all.

Two things: When McMillan replaced Bentley, we looked a lot better underneath. McCourty was late 3x on big pass plays.

If the Henry TD stays, we tie the game with a FG late. Basically that ridiculous call determined the entire game.

I was asking the same thing during the last drive. That was the time to go downfield with Tyquan Thornton in one n one coverage.

Patricia still was too conservative in his play calling on pass plays. But this game was a revelation in that we finally did have a bona fide pass attack that included down the field throws and not dump offs and dunks and dunks.

It’s a shame it was wasted on mental errors on our part and non calls by the zebras.
I was pining for Designed plays to take advantage of Thorntons speed.
It shows O’Connell is light years ahead of speed ahead on offensive play designs than Patricia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down