PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Jones doesn’t have an a ounce of clutch in him. I can’t remember one prime time signature comeback win through 2 years. Crumbles under pressure. Part of that is he can’t extend plays like an Allen or Mahomes. He wasn’t the reason we lost but nothing about him strikes me as special. A serviceable starter.

sniff sniff sniff. I smell another doom and gloomer troll coming out from under his bridge

e30c02ec87de4b969d8b416508337f05.png

Mods really need to do a better job a sniffing out these obvious trolls that don't post for weeks and then pop up. Board would be in a lot better state if these guys could only post in the practice squad forum

Mac Jones doesn’t have an a ounce of clutch in him. I can’t remember one prime time signature comeback win through 2 years. Crumbles under pressure. Part of that is he can’t extend plays like an Allen or Mahomes. He wasn’t the reason we lost but nothing about him strikes me as special. A serviceable starter.
First loss last year against Miami, he got them into field goal range for the win and the running back fumbled, not on him, he did his job.

Shows how bad the offense has been that people are throwing a party for the quarterback and offense that they reached the mid 20s against a team who gave up 40 last week, not so fast for me next week it could be easily back to same old same old.

Very tough loss for sure, not easy to win on the road on a Thursday. I can’t see blaming the refs when this team all year has been bad on penalties and mental errors. Nevertheless I’m encouraged by what I saw from Mac, it was his best game this year, so hopefully it gives him a boost in confidence I think he has needed since camp starte

Initial reaction

Bad special teams play

HORRIBLE one sided officiatingp

AND a bunch of near misses on both offense and defense.

And we STILL could have won that game

My biggest question for this game was are passive pass rush all game. It looked like it was designed to stop Jackson rather than Cousins.
All the great twists we used last week were never dialed up tonight. Great run D, and the Pass D wasn't horrible either, just the timeliness wasn't there. But getting back to the point. On a night were we needed push up the middle against Cousins we didn't seem to try and generate it. to

380 yds passing, 2 TD and could have been 3. I can't wait to see how the morons try blame Mac this week :rolleyes:

@benvolin are you gonna tweet pictures of the bad calls in this game? Or are you still just trying to get a job in New York.

Bill was absolutely ripped **** on more than one occasion tonight.

I think he's hit peak tolerance for this team and his coaching staff.

It's his own fault. He's filled the coaching staff with his kid, Patricia, judge....guys who wouldn't be coaching on any other team in the League

I am not saying moral victory here. But even though the Pats lost this game, I feel more confident they can make the playoffs than I did before tonight. The offense showed tonight that they can score points if they need to. It was the defense and special teams that let the team down today.

If the Pats won today on another game where the Pats score only field goals, I would actually feel less confident about their chances of making the playoffs.

They have a tough road either way. But at least the offense showed it can actually score points and be efficient. Still needs work, but worlds better than it was.
The defense turns into a fraud unit when they face a steadily average qb. They look all world against the Zack Wilson’s of the world and the beyond bum that started for the Colts. They provide false hope year after year

We have got to find a way to improve our linebacker speed. You notice McMillian show it off?

But there were several scoring drives by the Vikings where they had their way with underneath stuff. We had Bentley and Tavai in the middle.

Just. Not. Getting. It. Done. in the passing defense.

Because I am being objective. He takes some bad sacks and all the smart decision making is negated? And I saw him take or or two bad sacks. Two bad plays isn’t a low football IQ.
Exactly. He's still a young kid who played really well today. I think people forget the kickoff return for a touchdown - which was the difference today - along with all the obvious issues with the officiating. That throw to Agholor was surprisingly good, that was a terrific pass under the circumstances.

With all the emphasis Bill has placed over the years on special teams, it's hard stomach losing games because of special teams now.
Bill the Coach keeps players on the roster EXCLUSIVELY for special teams, guys who never play a down otherwise. at this point Slater is a waste of a roster spot

Damn Cousins final numbers are excellent, he carved this defense up.

I'm not anti Jones.

I'm anti taking sacks with the game on the line.

I need to see all 22 of that sack he took after Marcus Jones fielded the punt at the 1.. would have been nice for him to get rid of it, but he also had to be careful of getting an intention grounding safety

Patricia should be having someone on a dumpoff type route in those situations.. he may have, i just dont recall with the angle on TV

Bill the Coach keeps players on the roster EXCLUSIVELY for special teams, guys who never play a down otherwise. at this point Slater is a waste of a roster spot

As much as I love Slater, and Dmac for that matter, its probably time to move on.

Initial reaction

Bad special teams play

HORRIBLE one sided officiatingp

AND a bunch of near misses on both offense and defense.

And we STILL could have won that game

My biggest question for this game was are passive pass rush all game. It looked like it was designed to stop Jackson rather than Cousins.
All the great twists we used last week were never dialed up tonight. Great run D, and the Pass D wasn't horrible either, just the timeliness wasn't there. But getting back to the point. On a night were we needed push up the middle against Cousins we didn't seem to try and generate it. to

380 yds passing, 2 TD and could have been 3. I can't wait to see how the morons try blame Mac this week
Exactly. He's still a young kid who played really well today. I think people forget the kickoff return for a touchdown - which was the difference today - along with all the obvious issues with the officiating. That throw to Agholor was surprisingly good, that was a terrific pass under the circumstances.
Brady used to take bad sacks in the red zone. Mac played a very good game today. But Cousins was a touch better. More mobile and a bit more pocket presence.

I think you're being a little unfair. He's been in the league less than two years and was just a rookie last year and did about as well as he could have done today. If Agholor doesn't slow up on that route, he put the ball right where he needed to.
Well hopefully he proves me wrong, but I just don’t see anything special with him. Serviceable starting qb that we will need to be elite talent around him on offense and defense, and it still might not be enough.

Man that was a frustrating game to watch. Pissed at the refs, they missed so many calls. We gotta play smarter football. We have a competitive team. This is a frustrating loss man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes