PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating game but Mac looked good, they have to play better on special teams and have an unbiased ref crew.

Also if you want something to blame, blame the play where we were getting the ball back and ran into the punter. That was needless, stupid, it enabled the 7 points the Vikings won by, and situationally it made no sense. Game is tied, you are getting the ball, you have plenty of time, you don't need to block a punt.

this is not a good defense. they are average at best. Mac Jones played a good game. Bill, Patricia, whoever are way to effing conservative. they need to get better on first down. WAY to many sideways passes for no gain, one yard. just a disgusting way to lose a game. what happened to Bill being a special team genius? just a disappointing loss

Trent brown decided to dive at his defenders feet instead of block and whiffed. Even the announcers were confused.

What about earlier in the game when he bailed on a running play and slid for a sack?

Mac Jones doesn’t have an a ounce of clutch in him. I can’t remember one prime time signature comeback win through 2 years. Crumbles under pressure. Part of that is he can’t extend plays like an Allen or Mahomes. He wasn’t the reason we lost but nothing about him strikes me as special. A serviceable starter.

So glad I stayed up to see it first hand.live.
now I can feel good hitting delete on recording.

let’s take odds on nr of days before we get the nfl meaningless apology on the catch that you can debate location. But not catch.

rules and particularly what a catch is continue to mean NOTHING when you are not an nyjfl favorite son

At this point it's almost meaningless, because nobody besides Pats fans care, but we got royally, one sided screwed by the Refs/ league.

We just need even calls for both teams. I know we have been the benefit of calls over the years, but this is getting ridiculous. It's so bad I don't even get that upset anymore. It's useless.

Abysmal officiating + Too many un-Patriot-like boneheaded moves (why even rush the punter there?) + a third year in a row where the defense proves to be overrated and gets exposed.

Hard thing isn’t the Loss, or even what appears to be another lost season…

It’s that the thing that was a hallmark of tge Pats for decades…limit mental mistakes and bad football plays…are killing this team and have been for several seasons.

Mac still improving week by week. Just took a couple of bad sacks at the end. Still hopeful there at least.

Defense, poor outing. You need to do better because the offenses dont get any easier.

Bailey was really missed tonight. Its nice making teams start at the 20 instead of the 25 but the smart play is to just get touchbacks. Some awful punts too.

Mental errors galore and some major home cooking from the refs. Very winnable game otherwise, but it is what it is. Onto buffalo and hope for a better result. Have to be better everywhere if we want a playoff spot. Still LOTS of football to be played.

I am looking forward to this thread being positive because Mac had a career high.

Against the Jets (x2) and the Colts a lot of people were on here saying the story wasn’t the win but Mac playing poorly.

I’m excited to see people be intellectually consistent and focus glowingly on how Mac played rather than the other phases of the games.

Personally I find this loss a lot more frustrating than the wins people were whining about. Refs screwed the Pats, but also the penalties to extend drives hurt (Judon offsides on 3rd and long to get the Vikings in a manageable situation as well as the Strong running into the kicker)

Of all the dogshit calls or non calls, Hunter Henry's incompletion is at the bottom of the list. It was the right call. Don't make me defend it any further. You've ALWAYS had to survive the ground on a TD. Ball touched the ground, ball was loose after, easy incompletion
yes it was the right call. The ball touched the ground and then it came loose.

now we are again at the bottom of the AFC East !!!! DMac really needs to retire (and I love the guy )but he just makes too many mistakes.
Bryant needs to be shown the door ASAP. No one on D really had a great game today . Now I'll be in a bad mood most the weekend and we have another prime time game coming up next week !!!

So glad I stayed up to see it first hand.live.
now I can feel good hitting delete on recording.

let’s take odds on nr of days before we get the nfl meaningless apology on the catch that you can debate location. But not catch.

rules and particularly what a catch is continue to mean NOTHING when you are not an nyjfl favorite son
Now I’ll get dressed and go to work pissed.
thx roger.

Refs gave it to NE with no lube.

Mac looked improved - as good as he’s looked this year - and the OL was better than expected.

The receivers outside of Parker pretty much all sucked.

The play calling was a bit better.

Overall I think they’re looking up but the refs and Tony Dungy really took the fun out of this one at times.

Mac will get better.
This game was very promising our defense and Special teams and one sided Reffing normally isn’t this bad.
The way Mac played tonight once the defense gets it together we have a playoff caliber team.

The refs should be eating the Turkey legs.
I was shocked they correctly called one play against the Vikings the false start.
But not calling the face mask against our QB is unexplainable.
I really am shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey