PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Agholor never seems to come up "big".
Idk he did came up big (6 rec 110 yard 1 TD (a great one) and was the difference against the Steelers, so I can't say never but ya he also had 2 big fumbles against the Dolphins and Ravens that pretty killed potential comebacks and now this (although he did have a TD so Nelson giveth and Nelson taketh)

This is so ridiculous. The people who are openly rooting for Mac to fail are frustrating. He could have scored on that last drive, forced overtime, and if Minnesota had won the toss and scored a TD to end it, people would still be killing him. It’s just aggravating and it’s sad that we’ve shifted away from rooting for a team and we’re now split on players.

This feels a little close to real life at times, which definitely sucks some of the fun out of things. And like I said before, even if Zappe plays and struggles (which already happened), the story would shift toward the team sucks, Patricia sucks, etc, which is something those same people rooting for Mac (and the team) get called out for.

This is just an irritating situation, and it’s going to make this last month that much tougher because we’ve got a rough road ahead. I just can’t believe this is where we’re at…but "it is what it is" :rolleyes:

Yup look at @venecol ’s avatar…making fun of the guy for getting hurt. The people who want Mac to fail are the Bradyites and a handful of Zappe fans…what’s worse is that a bunch of them want Mac to fail so that Belichick looks bad. Just read the whole Timmy forum…

Are you referring to his helmet slam when the game ended?

Posters that were at the games last year were pointing out McCourty stood out like a sore thumb being slow at reacting to plays.
He's 35, he's been to the post season basically each year of his great career.. that's a ton of football on his body.. father time is undefeated.

Wilson or peppers should have been on hockenson.. they are better cover safeties than Dugger..

Duggar is better in coverage than Wilson and Peppers. Duggar fell down on one TD, that does not make him bad in coverage. Where has Peppers ever been in coverage at the Pats or Giants? Wilson in pass coverage on TEs? Where have you seen Wilson and Peppers in TE pass coverage?

Gilmore would not have allowed those completions, like 3 years ago. Have you missed Gilmore on the Colts this year giving up game winning TDs?

I agree that it would be good to have Chung back (the 2017 or 2018 version), and Gilmore back (the 2019 version), but those guys are not walking through the door. The Pats D is not the issue
Meaning Dugger is a box safety, mayo switches up the safeties on each play to confuse the offense. Yeah I saw him fall just like everyone else did.. it happens, it's football.. however if he didn't fall was that Going to stop hockenson from scoring?

At various points of last season primarily Wilson was on TEs.. and did admirable jobs..

On gilly lock last I saw he was shutting down our receivers a few weeks ago against indy,, no one said the D was the problem, they had coverage breakdowns and that happens , they're the main reason this team has a above 500 record..

Wilson is the better of all the safeties in covering, actually I don't know why I even said that becuase apparently no one can cover a tight end on this team.. as of late . you mentioned chung. When has he ever been a coverage guy.. Dugger, Chung are box safeties, they are basically like LBs..

Also peppers was a 1st round pick for the Giants played all pro levels prior to him tearing his ACL.. he's still better than most safeties out there.. I love Dugger he's just not a coverage safety.. Wilson and peppers as I stated have ability when it comes to coverage.. Dugg is still phenomenal!

There's always room for improvement, teams almost never score on every drive of a game, and your posting on this is silly. Troll better, for goodness' sake.
It would be nice if they occasionally scored in the red zone. They are 38% on the year and 15% in the last 3 games. That puts them at 31st in the league.

Yup look at @venecol ’s avatar…making fun of the guy for getting hurt. The people who want Mac to fail are the Bradyites and a handful of Zappe fans…what’s worse is that a bunch of them want Mac to fail so that Belichick looks bad. Just read the whole Timmy forum…
Nobody wants Mac to fail, prior to last night's breakout game. Mac was doing that all by himself. Fans didn't have a hand in it, other than pointing it out

Meaning Dugger is a box safety, mayo switches up the safeties on each play to confuse the offense. Yeah I saw him fall just like everyone else did.. it happens, it's football.. however if he didn't fall was that Going to stop hockenson from scoring?
Duggar is on the end of the line and assigned to Hockenson. If Duggar does not fall he will stop Hockenson from the TD 9 out of 10 times.
At various points of last season primarily Wilson was on TEs.. and did admirable jobs..
Wilson played for Cleveland last year.
On gilly lock last I saw he was shutting down our receivers a few weeks ago against indy,, no one said the D was the problem, they had coverage breakdowns and that happens , they're the main reason this team has a above 500 record..
Gilmore is still a good CB, but Gillylock is long gone, disappeared a few years ago. That is why he was a free agent and took a 50% cut in pay - no-one wanted him. I would like to see him come back, but only at the Colts pay level or lower.
Wilson is the better of all the safeties in covering, actually I don't know why I even said that becuase apparently no one can cover a tight end on this team.. as of late . you mentioned chung. When has he ever been a coverage guy.. Dugger, Chung are box safeties, they are basically like LBs..
Wilson is a LB, not a safety. Chung covered TEs his whole 2nd stint with the Pats.
Also peppers was a 1st round pick for the Giants played all pro levels prior to him tearing his ACL.. he's still better than most safeties out there.. I love Dugger he's just not a coverage safety.. Wilson and peppers as I stated have ability when it comes to coverage.. Dugg is still phenomenal!
Peppers is not a coverage safety, he is a Special Teams ace and a in the box safety. Watch more closely next game.

Tua struggled until this season when his GM gave him some amazing weapons and he turned into a top 5 QB. I think Mac can be great, but the jury is still out.

Tua's not a top-5 QB either.

Nobody wants Mac to fail, prior to last night's breakout game. Mac was doing that all by himself. Fans didn't have a hand in it, other than pointing it out

That simply is not true. As @Ian pointed out there is a contingent here hoping Mac fails for multiple reasons, at least a couple of which you must be aware. Mac has struggled but has not been in the process of "failing," at least not at this stage of his career. One thing you do get right is fans have no say in who plays quarterback for the Patriots, which renders all the Mac disparagement completely pointless.

To be fair, that wasn't the (s)crew who worked us over Thursday night... That was brought to you by Alex Kemp, #5 in your program, the most over-officious ****ing jerk in the Entire ****ing league.

And apologies if I'm late to the party and this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else happen to notice the TACKLING - from BEHIND, no less - committed against Jabrill Peppers on the KO return for a "TD"? Hey I'm into letting them play, and all that, but my goodness gracious...

That simply is not true. As @Ian pointed out there is a contingent here hoping Mac fails for multiple reasons, at least a couple of which you must be aware. Mac has struggled but has not been in the process of "failing," at least not at this stage of his career. One thing you do get right is fans have no say in who plays quarterback for the Patriots, which renders all the Mac disparagement completely pointless.
Fans weren't wrong to say that 4 TD's to 7 INT on the season wasn't a pathetic display of QB'ing.

Fans weren't wrong to say that 4 TD's to 7 INT on the season wasn't a pathetic display of QB'ing.

Those blaming it 100-percent on the quarterback most definitely are 100-percent wrong.

Last edited:
While it's pretty bad, the talent around him isn't very good which many posters are still in denial over. In fact, the board has been bipolar on Mac and this team. First they say the overall roster and coaching sucks, then they say the roster is fantastic, coaching isn't an issue, but it's Mac's fault. Mac needs more experienced coaching, the musical chairs at OL needs to end and he needs better talent at WR. Posters like to point out one or two plays from Twitter that a WR is wide open to make it look like Mac is incompetent, but they have been graded out as among the worst at separating from their defenders going on 4 years now.

@upstater1 called this one pre-game:

Lazar: "Hate harping on coverage at linebacker. But Bentley and Tavai got exposed in the middle of the field. They need to play the safeties at linebacker against Buffalo and hope the D-Line holds up against the run."
Any team with multiple weapons and a varied attack will give our defense problems if the opposing coaches are aware enough to attack weaknesses. Hard to stop Jefferson, Cook, Theilen and Hockenson all at once.

This is why the Bills stand a great chance. The Bills are not patient right now. They refuse to dink and dunk it, and the results are bad.

To have a chance against Buffalo, we need to score early and make them think they need points.

Thanks for this tweet. That was a well designed play by Patricia. He sends 2 deep routes and a deep crosser to empty the mid range area. Henry chip blocks and takes off, completely open for an easy 1st down+. Instead of taking the low % throw to Agholor, if Mac hits a wide open Henry, ball is at the MIN 20-23 with just under 2 minutes to go. Mac should've taken the higher % throw.

Surprised nobody is talking about this.

You shouldn't be... To do so wouldn't fit the Objective...

Agree, if you look back, we actually even did well with the 2020 draft, so it's been 3 classes in a row. Dugger, Onwenu, Uche and Jennings.

No, we actually even did NOT do well in the 2020 draft.

Please just stop with this ****ing idiocy... Or is it just mere dishonesty?

He wouldn't have made it to the 3rd round.

More than the Patriots were high on him; we jumped Pittsburgh. Guess what? Pittsburgh WR Coach is the former Baylor coach that developed Tyquan.

This is why Belichick jumped to get him.

So what? Let them have BoneyT... He hasn't done a ****ing thing here anyway outside of the Brownies game (QB'ed by Zappy BTW)...

I cannot believe that you just made these two posts in a row,,,

Last edited:
Just to point out the obvious, given the silliness of too much of this thread:

• This is not the week to be bashing Jones beyond a minimum.
  • This is not the week to be giving Zappe a tongue bath.
  • This is not the week to be overdoing it with praise for the defense.
  • This is not the week to be singing the praises of the special teams.
  • This is not the week to be singing the praises of the coaching staff.
  • This is not the week to be singing the praises of BB the GM.
  • This is not the week to be too staunchly defending the officials, or the use of replay.

Then what exactly is this the week for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes