PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been mentioned in the thread a couple times already.

The refs missed that Byrd should have been down by contact on the play where he dove for an extra 3 yards since he was touched on the way down by a Texans player. Replay shows this. This wasn't as plain as day as the holding though, imho.

Bill O'Brien is available. I say draft a college QB (one of the top ones) and hire his Offensive Coord as our O/Coord. Make it as easy on the new QB as possible. There is no reason it should take players 3-4 years to learn the playbook.

Been mentioned in the thread a couple times already.

The refs missed that Byrd should have been down by contact on the play where he dove for an extra 3 yards since he was touched on the way down by a Texans player. Replay shows this. This wasn't as plain as day as the holding though, imho.
And Dugger tripped the TE without that it would have been a TD.

In all fairness, the refs were bad for both side

And Dugger tripped the TE without that it would have been a TD.

In all fairness, the refs were bad for both side
I'll take your word for it, but you are the only one who said anything about it..

I'll take your word for it, but you are the only one who said anything about it..
I thought he pulled him down by the jersey. Was hard to see live but pretty clear on replay. Refs were awful but we have bigger problems.

Last edited:
I thought he pulled him down by the jersey. Was hard to see live but pretty clear on replay. Refs were awful but we have bigger problems.

Do you happen to have a link to a replay? I'd like to see for myself, if possible.

Do you happen to have a link to a replay? I'd like to see for myself, if possible.
Have not found it as it was an incompletion. Grab came near los and receiver stumbled a couple steps before going down.

Wrong post.

Our "one of league's best" secondary absolutely sucked. At least we all knew our front-7 was trash, but these guys were even worse.

I took a screen shot from a replay from the broadcast
8B78CBC7-3217-4F8B-9657-A55002FFB34B.jpeg

Attachments

• 08278710-DB99-4648-B5B6-C565A0441C7C.jpeg
    08278710-DB99-4648-B5B6-C565A0441C7C.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
And here, it’s pretty blurry (I zoomed as far as I could on my phone) but you can see he grab his ankle.

607D61D4-1B8D-409A-A36A-FBD22DBEE94F.jpeg

Dont know if you guys rate Lazar but his podcast re how the Pats were beat by the Texans is pretty good , well for me anyway , which is not much.....lol. Dont know if his analysis sticks or not.

Having had the chance to watch the game again and review the All-22 (most of it anyway), the Texans basically gave us a dose of our own medicine on defense. It was clear in watching it that they were content to rarely blitz, contain the edges, and sit in soft zone (Cover-3, Cover-4, Quarters, etc) to limit Cam’s rushing attempts. Essentially, they gave him what he wanted through the air in exchange for not getting killed by his legs. The times they did blitz, they made somewhat of an attempt to disguise it. It was basically a carbon copy of what Bill has historically done against mobile QBs. Give them the short and intermediate completions when they can find the holes in the zone and keep all eyes in the backfield. Have to also credit Cam for the Byrd TD. That was one of the fewer times they were in man and instead of taking off and running, he recognized Byrd in single coverage and took advantage.

Who ended up playing LT when Wynn got rolled up on? Just read he avoided major injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots