PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Seattle beats the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuccccccccccccck! We had it! so close! Man! The Edelman TD was there! Would have been like 9 seconds left! squib kick, another 3 seconds off the clock. we had the win damn it! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ****! I really wanted that win!:(

Jules took a lot of nasty hits. I hope he lasts the season because w/o him the offense is dead. He's a warrior.

Sucks to have ball at 1 yd w/ 1st & goal and only have time to run just one play. Poor time management there.

Cam is impressive. There's no quit in him.

Our run game was a huge disappointment.

We need help at LB.

Heartbreaking, but definitely encouraged about this offense. Went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league. Got to make you excited about this season and I think we showed we are at the very least a playoff team if Cam stays healthy.

The biggest question after week 1 was can the offense still be effective when trailing and forced to throw, well we have the answer now, they are very capable! Our OL is still strong as a pass blocking unit and Cam can buy extra time in the pocket when needed to allow the WR's to get open. Good night for Byrd, some huge grabs.

Rough night for the defense, cause for concern going against the Wilsons, Lamar's, and Maholmes of the league. But it's still early, Belichick has time to work his magic. Gotta find a solution at LB though because Bentley looks nowhere near ready for these kind of matchups.

JMD made some rough calls on key downs, HOPEFULLY now that Cam has proven himself throwing the ball all the cute stuff as well as over conservative calls on 3rd downs will end. The run game was also a big let down today, suprised we couldnt get anything at all going there.

Punt return needs to improve, I'm really amazed that for how much emphasis Bill puts into ST we have such an ineffective PR unit. KR i can understand because it's not really geared towards success given the rules, but I hate the fact that Seattle is punting from their own 31 at the end and not only is there zero hope for a big play to give our offense a short field, but they have us starting inside our 20! I'd be perfectly willing to sacrifice a roster spot on a returner. Also hurts not being able to kick FG's over 45 yards.

It was the right playcall at the end. A pass likely would have failed with our options and our running backs WOULD have been stuffed no doubt about it. Had to keep it in Cams hands.

There are so many ways you could have kept it in Cam's hands without running the same play for the 3rd time in the game. Or did you not watch the beautiful pass to Johnson? You line up 3 receivers wide, spreading out the defense and opening things up. Then have Cam plunge it. Or, you do the QB sneak with Andrews, Mason, and Thuney leading with Cam right behind them instead of having Mason pull and miss his man.

With Cam as our QB, we might now need the O to bail out the D since the D seems to have taken several steps back from last year .

Pretty awesome game.

If you have such a small margin of error as we do right now you can't miss a FG, stutter in the red zone twice and throw a pick while the other team pulls two absolutely absurd deep TD throws out of their pocket. And even despite all of that we were about 2 yards from winning the game.

Also a shout out to that creative formation with Lockett as RB that led to the break down on one of the other Wilson TDs. Something to clean up for sure.

I am pretty encouraged by how they stayed in the game and were 10 seconds of time on the clock away from winning it against one of the top teams in the league. It would have been sweet to steal one but the overall performance points into the right direction. Great game from Harry and Byrd.

Unlike others I had no problem at all with them running that final play. It has been the play they had most success with in goalline situations and were clearly most comfortable with. As BB and McDaniels have said in two DYJ documentaries: They will go with things that have been practied a lot and what the players feel comfortable with.

Given its success in the previous 7 quarters I thought the decision making was sound, the execution unfortunately not. The reaction makes me wonder though if people would have as much of an issue with it if this had been Brady trying to sneak it in and failing.

The Pats I watched tonight can beat every team left on their schedule. Probably won't beat Baltimore or KC but hopefully competitive like this. Feel like they should be in every other game... Feeling like a 12-4 season

Things have to go catastrophic for the pats to miss the playoffs given there's an extra slot this year.

Pats can best anyone on any night if they play in their game.

Well the offense did better than I thought but a main reason why they lost was because of the defense. They gave up way too many big plays.

They didn't give up though but it was just too much to overcome when you have folk and the defense working against them.

HUH? Are you referring to the last play of the game? They were on the Seattle 1. A proper sneak behind Andrews like they've done previously would have scored..

Technically, but Cam was shotgun, but okay.

Ham Newton is back

Just think of it like this. How many SB winning coaches and QBs do we have to face? BecUse going toe to toe with. Team that will probably win their division with noth8gn on offense and green LB,s on defense makes me optimistic jus please BB trade for a WR.

Bb likes to have big linebackers but when the defense plays against an offense like KC or Seattle, they get burned because they're too slow

Yeah.. It really showed tonight how slow Bentley is. Really have to hope that Uche comes back healthy and can contribute. An athletic ILB next year would be a bonus..

And if he got sacked, people would be complaining about that call. it's always easy to second guess after the play. When that play worked the first 8 times this season, nobody complained.
And that’s why we have this wonderful message board to flock to!

In the game that mattered the most, we stopped them on the goal line but the last 2 games played, they stopped us on the goal line. Unbelievable. Gronk couldn't catch the fade 4 years ago and now mcdouche calls a predictable play and it gets stuffed

Not getting cute was the correct call. Admit it. Had they ran a play action or something there and it was an incomplete you would have been saying if it weren't for mcdouche throwing it instead of running it in....

Disgagree with the assessment of the defense. This is another example of not giving credit where it's due. Metcalf is a helluva player despite the baby pacifier mouth guard he wears. That TD was absolutely perfect. As was the one to Moore.

There were two "BAD" TDs. The one to Carson and the one to Swain. Though you really have to give Schottenheimer credit for confusing Phillips / Jones / Jackson by having Lockett lined up in the backfield and sending him at them. It will be interesting to hear from the Re-Watch crowd where the actual breakdown was. I think it was Phillips and that Jackson tried to pick it up, but was just too late to do so..

You nailed it.

I think this result makes it look a lot worse for the defense than it actually was. The two TDs to Metcalf and Moore were pretty tight coverage but just dropped perfectly by Wilson. Moore's especially was crazy with his awareness to keep the second foot inbounds.

The Swain one was a pretty cool playcall by Schotty and led to a total breakdown. I agree that he deserves at least as much credit as the defense gets criticism for it.

Really only the TD pass to Carson was an unacceptable garbage play.

They got a pick 6 and got the Seahawks off the field multiple times. Seattle just won one more of those tight 50/50 plays tonight.

Man 2 point converison

Little things all added up to this tough loss. Cam gets an A though.

We simply cannot allow deep bombs like that. It took us way too long to send corners after Wilson instead of slower linebackers.

And our special teams in a way cost us this game. Bad kick coverage and Folks miss makes a massive difference in how things could have gone.

I also have to thank Carrol and their dumb decision on offense to even give us a chance with some time at the end.

It was a 54 yard field goal. Honestly a bad call by Belichick to go for it. A very rare one on his part..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back