PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Seattle beats the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most frasnchises lose the greatest QB that has ever played (at any point), that team, except for SF with Young, go right in the shyttter ...for years...sometimes decades. I love the Patriots and Bill Belechick. Sure this was a tough loss but I found I enjoyed every freakin' minute...sorta like 2004/5.

This is a tangential thought after reading your post but I would trade Jimmy G. for Cam Newton straight up!

How catchable was that bal that went thru Edleman's hands in the end zone at the end of the game??!! How many time did someone need to breathe on Harry and watch him fall down? Props to Cam. Had a chance to win. Maybe throw when EVERYONE in the world thought they would run??!!

That FG is on BB 2 different ways:

1. Folk can't hit from there 10/10 times. Punt it.

2. FOLK shouldn't be out kicker in 2020 at all. But we drafted the wrong one IMO. Would have preferred Blankenship.

Here’s my final take away

-the run
defense sucked
-the pass defense sucked slightly less
-Gilmore got pantsed all game
-everyone who covered Moore was humiliated
-we had no run game to speak of
-the kicker is trash and if he didn’t miss we kick walk off field goal
-MCD had some of the most pathetic play calling at the worst time.
-Harry showed some promise but I feel like if someone gives him a basketball foul he will fall over
-Edelman rose to the occasion
-Byrd is showing some promise

Lastly, every mother****er on here who doubted Cam and trashed the idea of him being on this team owes him a massive apology because it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt he is as good as advertised and is the single best player on this team and the only reason people will remember this game as a classic instead of a steamrolling.

Your assessment of Folk is what is trash. That was a 54 yard field goal. It was a bad call by Belichick to attempt it considering that Folk is just a 59% kicker from beyond 50.

Moore had 1 good play. He had 3 total receptions. Your assessment is humiliating... to you..

The Seahawks sniffed out most of Burkhead's runs. And yes, the offensive line didn't really open things up for Michel. Taylor wasn't given enough of a chance. Seattle's front 7 is pretty damn good. And having Adams really helps that run defense.

Harry took some hard shots on his catches. But I bet you think that taking that shot from Diggs is the equivalent of a basketball foul..

How catchable was that bal that went thru Edleman's hands in the end zone at the end of the game??!! How many time did someone need to breathe on Harry and watch him fall down? Props to Cam. Had a chance to win. Maybe throw when EVERYONE in the world thought they would run??!!

The pass to Edelman was tough for Julian to bring down. Not Cam's fault, he put it where he could, but it would have been an unbelievable catch.

Pats went to the well once too often on that last play, it was too predictable. I was hoping Cam would sell the run and lob a pass for the score.

And yes, the offensive line didn't really open things up for Michel. Taylor wasn't given enough of a chance. Seattle's front 7 is pretty damn good. And having Adams really helps that run defense.

They might not have been consistent but they opened some big holes early and our RB was one on one with a defender. We didn't make the best of the holes when we had them. But later they were stuffing us.

At least Jamal looked good. That's kinda like a win for Jet fans... right?
Getting rid of that Jete Stank is a win for Jamal.

No surprise a player improves the minute he leaves da Jete.

Heck even Robby Anderson looked decent playing for CAR today.

Incredible how Cam passed for almost 400 yards yet his only passing TD was a 1 yarder to a Fullback. Need to fix that.

Clearly you watched a different game than everyone else because Harry took a beating. But you're one off the whiny Harry haters so I'm not surprised you can't give the guy credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back