PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

There is no QB on the roster that can bring a SB. What area the options? Jimmy? He can’t stay healthy. Lamar? He might look good with the stable of RBs they have. Just don’t rely on him to win in the playoffs. A draft pick? Who is there.
Pats are stuck in a bad place.
I no longer believe Mac is the answer. He has regressed

Would anyone get on a rocket that Matty P designed?
Take Off Lol GIF

thank god they flexed this out of prime time lol

If someone had stolen Corky's girlfriend's purse would he have tried harder to stop him than the effort he gave yesterday to stop Chandler Jones?

If Bill Belichick had been coaching the Raiders yesterday, we would have already been regaled with multiple stories of how Bill’s knowledge of his former QB led to the former QB having such a bad game.

Truth is no one knows more about Mac Jones’ strengths and weaknesses than his former OC, so Jones was destined to have a bad day at the office Sunday and did.

Without benefit of a rewatch or All23, it looked like the Raiders D clogged the middle of the field making Jones throw East-West rather than North-South.

I don’t think Jones has, like Brady, the arm to stretch the field horizontally, so he’s going to have to get better at stretching it vertically and will need better boundary receivers than Agholor and Thornton to do it.

I re-watched the clip above, and d%#*!@t if you aren't right about Phatt Matt's gyrations on the sideline... And about Meyers looking backwards as if he's trying to locate Stevenson for some reason...
Why the hell would Meyers be trying to find STEVENSON? Stevenson is who he got the ball from!!!!
Seriously, a broken clock is right more than you are..

Re-watching the clip: it's clear Patricia is clapping and waving his hands in the air like "WTF are you doing?"

Why would Patricia celebrate a backwards pass right back to the LOS?

Come on guys.

If he has QB competition, it is doubtful it will be Zappe. Maybe if Jimmy Garoppolo cannot get a guaranteed starting spot and starter money. Otherwise, Jones is likely the anointed starter.

Based on...what, exactly?

You really thing the players wouldve lied post game that the play call was a draw to get down after a run to protect the coaches they so love ?

Hey I gotta admit I naturally thought the call was hand off the ball, run out the clock, stay in-bounds, and get ready for OT... But then I look at Phatt Matt on the sideline, and his behavior is...bizarre... Unless he knew what was going to happen before it happened... Otherwise people just don't normally react that way, do they?

And I still don't understand why a Hail Mary wasn't attempted... They've been tried from farther away that's for sure...

Hey I gotta admit I naturally thought the call was hand off the ball, run out the clock, stay in-bounds, and get ready for OT... But then I look at Phatt Matt on the sideline, and his behavior is...bizarre... Unless he knew what was going to happen before it happened... Otherwise people just don't normally react that way, do they?

And I still don't understand why a Hail Mary wasn't attempted... They've been tried from farther away that's for sure...
yeah not sure about his reaction but maybe he was raising hands to indicate the play was almost over or going to be over. I cant imagine bb signing off on this even if the non creative patricia had this brain wave. and there is no way for patricia to know that stevenson was going to get so many yards

I find myself thinking we are getting a little personal in our commentary on Matt. He is indeed hopelessly incompetent at his job. He should have anticipated this and turned the position down, frankly. The real culprit - and I am not happy to say so - is the man who put him in a position in which he would inevitably fail, Bill Belichick. I retired at 73. In my last year or so, I was not what I had been. I was fine, but I could not get to the levels to which I and my students and the people I was in charge of had become accustomed. No one complained, but I knew I was coasting, cutting corners, settling for good enough. I knew it. Bill knows it too - no question - and the honorable thing is to act on that knowledge. (I went part time, gave up my chairmanship, then retired.) THEN we can celebrate Bill's many accomplishments, rather than focus on his present failings, which none of us, I think, enjoys doing at all. I sure don't.
holy krist! no wonder you're so felonius...you're older than the dirt on my Red Ball Jets sneakers...

You want proof the Patricia is the problem with this offense? He designed a play where four receivers being within five yards of each other with two of them running the same route side by side. It is almost like he is designing plays to try to get Jones to throw interceptions.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back