PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sounds like you are the one who doesn’t know what happened on that game. Brady’s longest pass was 26 years.
Years?

Lulz, the Brady longevity is impressive, but doesn’t work that way!

Gotta love how you have to spin things to denigrate the kid.

Jones was 18th in the league. A whopping 42 yards behind Ryan Tannehill.

Passer rating? ROLFMAO. That and QBR are garbage stats that have no bearing on reality. Brady had a worse "passer rating" against the Patriots than Jones against the Bucs.. Proof that the stat is worthless.

Yards per attempt is how statheads put down QBs they don't like.

I'm not saying he's been great or a world-beater. But he's not been a "bottom-half of the league" QB either. In fact, with the exception of his 3 int game, he's put the Pats in position to win 2 of the 3 losses. Which is what you want out of your QB.

Mac is 3rd in the league in completions and 13th in passing yards (higher than Rodgers or Wilson). He's performed beyond expectations.

See above.

Also percentages like those are worthless in football they don't talk about game situation, team situation and so on.

Either Belichick made a really awful decision not to go for it, or he didn't trust his QB. BB is a good coach so I'll go with the latter, it's the only one that makes logical sense.
I don't need to see above. I already addressed your flawed thinking on your attempt to put words in my mouth.

No. Those percentages aren't worthless in football because they DO talk about game situation, team situation and so on. Clearly you've forgotten the two books "Management Secrets of the New England Patriots" Vol 1&2. The author flat out said that what he gave were just some examples but that the Patriots put them together for all situations.

Your idea that it's either a bad decision or doesn't trust his QB along with your claim that "percentages are worthless" lends itself more to the idea that your understanding of the game isn't what it should be to be making such binary claims.

In fairness, the way Folk has performed since his arrival to NE, it’s never that ‘low percentage’. He’s been a real find !

Folk has been absolutely fantastic his entire tenure with the Pats and I'm in no rush to try to replace him with that Nordin kid. A guy who is basically automatic within 45 yards is very valuable.

Slow Juan is terrible!

cajuste needs to be the starting left tackle.

I guess the Brady scenario is hypothetical and moot anyway - if he's here then obviously he's not there and 50 seconds and 2 TO's and worrying about Jameis Winston is a lot different than worrying about Brady. Then I think taking the kick would make more sense but as it was, I think it was the wrong call.

I'd really hate to think they are babying Mac because he will fail sometimes like any QB does and then what? Better to take the reins off and let him have at it. I hope they do.

Here's an example from today. Mac marches easily down the field and once they hit the red zone, 3 straight crappy screen plays in a row. I swear we have one of the most sequential/predictable thinking play callers in the league. It's so easy to stop. 31st in the red zone and has nothing to do with Mac....

Bottom 3? Lying again huh?
2019 was 7th in points 15 in yards. 2020 was not bottom 3. 2021 is not bottom 3.
How many times will you repeat this lie?

Tell me again how good the 2019 offense was after October, how good the 2020 offense was, why the 2021 offense is 31st in red zone and 31st in run offense. Yes please tell me how good this crappy offense is. While you're at it tell me why the St Louis'11 Rams had the worst offense in the entire league and same with the Denver'10 offense.

Brady carried a fraud. Leftwich looks to be a way better oc honestly.

Tell me again how good the 2019 offense was after October, how good the 2020 offense was, why the 2021 offense is 31st in red zone and 31st in run offense. Yes please tell me how good this crappy offense is. While you're at it tell me why the St Louis'11 Rams had the worst offense in the entire league and same with the Denver'10 offense.

Brady carried a fraud. Leftwich looks to be a way better oc honestly.

I want to know why you lie to push your agenda. Does the truth get in trouble way?

Hey the patriots won today. Usually a fan is happy about a win, not *****ing.

Here's an example from today. Mac marches easily down the field and once they hit the red zone, 3 straight crappy screen plays in a row. I swear we have one of the most sequential/predictable thinking play callers in the league. It's so easy to stop. 31st in the red zone and has nothing to do with Mac....

They did not run 3 screen plays in a row. You are lying again.

Houston is absolutely dreadful so other than the W, I can't see taking much from else this game. Both Hightower and McCourty's salaries come off the books next year. Both of them have been less than optimal so far this year. Can they play better as the season progresses? I sure hope so.
Nice seeing both the Fish and Jest bottom feeding the division after todays games.
There is only one thing to take from any game a win or a loss.

They did not run 3 screen plays in a row.

I love replying to the most obtuse person on the forum.

Play by play:

3rd quarter 3:54. Ball on the 16 yard line, Agholar -1, Bolden 3 yards, Bourne 4 yards. Field Goal.

Just one example.

Sorry that you're still sore, andyjohnson, that I'm letting people never forget you were repeatedly claiming Malcolm Butler did drugs before the Superbowl.

Last edited:
Haha. Reese only did contracts???

You are delusional.

Reese (and O'Brien) was the reason the Pats hit big from 2009-2012 with DMac, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Patrick Chung, Gronk, Edelman, and pre-crime Hernandez.

zero coincidence the Pats sucked at drafting during 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 before and after Reese/O'Brien.

Except that the Pats didn't suck at drafting from 2005-2008 and from 2013-2019. That's your f'in stupidity talking. Especially since I didn't say Reese ONLY did contracts. I said he PRIMARILY did contracts. And that's a known FACT.

2005 was actually a good/very good Draft. Mankins, Hobbs, Kazcur, Sanders and Cassell.
2008 didn't suck either. Mayo and Slater.
2013 didn't suck. Collins, Ryan,Harmon.
2014 didn't suck. Garrapolo, Stork, White, Fleming.
2015 didn't suck. Brown, Flowers, Mason, Cardona

The problem here is that your ability to evaluate what is and isn't a good draft is non-existent.

Please show me your FACTUAL evidence that supports your claim that O'brien was responsible for the drafting of Gronk, Edelman and Hernandez.
Please show me your FACTUAL evidence that supports your claim that Reese was responsible for drafting Hightower, Jones, DMac, etc.

You have this ridiculous habit of thinking that correlation = causation. And it's just no where close to being true.

I am so dissapointed. Myers wide open drop. Yikes.... As Brady would say (I can't throw and catch the ball). No highlights of that one so far....

How does the OL look when Wynn, Mason, & Onwenu are healthy?

Cajuste-Wynn-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu ?
Cajuste-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu ?
Cajuste-Wynn-Andrews-Karras-Onwenu ?
So, you have Wynn moving inside to guard where he's never played at the Professional level..

Cajuste played most of the game at RT, not LT. So why are you moving him to LT?

Yep, the good old “special teams” argument.
You argue that the patriots should have traded Gilmore, our best defensive player 2 years ago, with 2 years left on his contract, to “get something” for him. Then argue the Patriots should have never traded Sony with 1 year left on his contract our 2nd or perhaps 3rd best rb and they got something for him.

Mac is 3rd in the league in completions and 13th in passing yards (higher than Rodgers or Wilson). He's performed beyond expectations.

Didn't SB1 say Mac is bottom-half in passing yards and passer rating? Did he just make that up?

Justin Herbert through 5 games in 2020 was a lot closer to ”great in the first 5 games of his NFL life” than Mac is right now.

Saying Mac has been great is a reach unless your expectations were low.
True, but is there anyone on the Pats that resemble Keenan Allen or Mike Williams as far as ability or talent ? Hunter helped both rookie QBs, but he’s on pace for more catches and TDs than last year because he’s Jones’ security blanket, and that’s just smart. TEs are great security blankets for rookie QBs.

I wouldn’t say Mac has been “great”, but I will say he’s been really good considering the weapons he has and considering how poorly the line has played, he’s been really good. No run game like we thought they’d have. So they have to depend on Mac under pressure to complete passes. He’s already broken some records for accuracy.

Still waiting for that breakout game, like the games he used to have in Alabama. Time to take the shackles off and let him sling it. He also needs to cut down on the INTs. But he’s the least of the Pat’s issues, it’s Oline, lack of a running game due to the poor Oline play, and the defense has not been clutch at all. During the loses, Whenever we climb back into a game, they give up TDs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back