PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats beat the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very helpful if the Patriots would force feed a few passes in Michel's direction this upcoming week. Teams need to at least believe in the possibility of the Patriots not running the ball with Michel on the field.

Why? I loved seeing the "vaunted" Steelers Linebackers biting on play-action time and again..

Was Isaiah Wynn good? Other than a penalty I don't remember if he played well or not.

SMH.. There is a saying about O-linemen.. If you don't hear their names, they're doing their jobs..

Wynn played excellently..

Ditto: same question I was going to ask. Anyone see sideline footage ?

Mayo.. Though Steve Belichick also had a headset on.. Not sure if that is normal or not.

I went back and forth but ended up on the keep him train. As for why I gave him a B i thought I made that clear. While he had a good game he didn't face the competition Gordon/Edelman did who had to make hard contest catches. They were not difficult plays for the most part.

Dorsett finished 4/4 for 95 yards and 2 TD with a long of 58. Let's look those catches a bit.

1st quarter 5:58 3rd and 5 @NE 40 - 8 yard catch - A nicely designed play. WIDE OPEN.

2nd quarter 3:49 1st and 10 @ Pitt 25 - 25 yard TD catch - I'm 99% sure his man gave up the top and inside a tad; expecting safety help over the top. The Edmunds took a REALLY bad angle and/or was WAY late. I can't tell who the CB was. It was a good play, not great.

2nd quarter 0:54 1 and 10 @ Pitt 27 - 4 yard catch - Honestly I don't remember this play all that well and couldn't find it. If anyone else can I'd love to see it. I THINK it was fairly routine going from memory but could be wrong.

3rd quarter 8:05 3rd and 10 @ NE 42 - 58 yard TD catch. - This was a blown play and he was WIDE OPEN.

It was a good night but let's not pretend he did anything special either.
o

So, he had nothing to do with getting wide open or making sure he caught the balls thrown to him.. Got it..

They've got to get Sony catching passes. Squealers keyed on him all night. Too predictable

Yes and no.. They're keying on him allowed the Play-Action to work beautifully.. As I mentioned, it was awesome seeing the Steelers' vaunted LBs biting on every play-action..

The million dollar question is whether or not they could get him through to the PS.

No. I guarantee you the Jets or Cardinals would pick him up.

With only Meyers, Edelman and Harry signed beyond this season, keeping him is a must, imho..

Surprised it's not much of a story, but Jerod Mayo was essentially the DC last night.

Have to say, mayo/flores > Patricia. Personnel isnt that much different than 2 years ago when they got shredded

The difference is HUGE.

Then:
CB: Gilmore, Butler, Jones, Rowe (2 starting caliber corners)

DT/DE/LB
Malcolm Brown, Alan Branch, Trey Flowers, Eric Lee (6), Marquis Flowers, Deitrich Wise (r), Guy, Van Noy, Roberts, Hightower, Harris (10), A. Butler, Marsh (9), Jean_Francois (9), Grissom (8)

S: DMac, Harmon, Chung, Richards

Now:
CB: Gimore, JMac, Jackson, Jones, (4 starting caliber corners)

DT/DE/LB
Shelton, Bennett, Wise, Guy, Butler, Winovich (r), Van Noy, Roberts, Bentley, Cowart (R), Hightower, Calhoun, Simon, Collins

S: DMac, Harmon, Chung, Brooks

In 2017, both Guy and Van Noy were new to the system. Now they both have 2 years in it..
I think it's safe to say that Jackson, Jones, and JMac are significantly better than Butler, Jones, and Rowe. I think it's also safe to say that the front 7 has more talent now than it did then..

No im saying michel was ineffective compared to burkhead.

It's easy to be "ineffective" compared to Burkhead when they only run the ball with you or run Play-Action with you in the game.

Burkhead was running draws or running wide while all but one or two of Michel's were straight up the gut.

Yes and no.. They're keying on him allowed the Play-Action to work beautifully.. As I mentioned, it was awesome seeing the Steelers' vaunted LBs biting on every play-action..
It was great to see.

Calhoun played much more than I thought he would. Thought he was on bubble, despite solid camp. Glad to be wrong.

JC has fewer snaps than I’d have projected. For some reason, I thought JC was #2, but last night it was JMaC.

It's all about the match-ups and how players are playing..

Whoa bright idea was it to have the down marker in bright yellow?

Thinking a flagg is tossed every play

Could you show me where I said that? No. You can't because it didn't happen. How about you focus on what WAS said instead of making things up? Or is that the only way you can offer up a rebuttal? By lying?

You should go check yourself. You were the one that put words in my mouth first, I just reciprocated.

o

So, he had nothing to do with getting wide open or making sure he caught the balls thrown to him.. Got it..
I love PD and look forward to him making plays for us all season. But let’s be real, the 58 yarder was as easy as it gets.

Zuma, it's funny because I didn't notice the wobbly/soft snaps until everyone kept mentioning it in the GDT. Once I focused on the snaps, they became very distracting and I couldn't stop watching them. A few times after watching the snaps, I actually started laughing because they were so bad. Can't get any worse next week. Overall, I thought he played well other that.

It's easy to be "ineffective" compared to Burkhead when they only run the ball with you or run Play-Action with you in the game.

Burkhead was running draws or running wide while all but one or two of Michel's were straight up the gut.
That's nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye