PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Panthers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Steve Belichick is a good DC. Don't mind the field sniffing. And I don't care in this case about the nepotism. Every position group he's ever coached has been elite and the defense keeps showing up nicely despite Mills / Bentley / Godchaux not being good.

I find the indirect nepotism of being a john carroll roommate far worse especially given poor performance.

Last edited:
Easily the best game of the year by the D. Nearly 160 yards rushing, moving the chains, just choking off the opposing offense. Next week will be a big test against a good Cleveland D.

We have a great defense. Would love to someday find Mac a Legitimate WR weapon that would allow us to contend for a super bowl

5-4 is great

Nah we win a few rings first via a good D, strong ST, and ball control offense. That is if the offense can keep playing disciplined like this and not stat chase.

Pats win on the road, Bills lose to the worst team in football, Cowboys are humiliated…. Everybody Get Down Tonight

That game against Cleveland, man that’s gonna be a tough one. Maybe we’ll have OBJ in our lineup :).

I’m really worried about shutting down that Browns offense. Especially Nick Chubb. Then that front 4 on their defense could give our line fits. Hopefully Mac gets out of his funk and has a good game. This is like a playoff game, whoever wins helps their playoff seeding.

Nah we win a few rings first via a good D, strong ST, and ball control offense. That is if the offense can keep playing disciplined like this and not stat chase.
I’d be okay with that. Then get him the offensive weapons. Those can be dynasties four and five, the first and second of the Mac Jones era.

For some reason, the Pats just own Darnold. Always plays his worst vs the Pats.

Agreed, Darnold had another forgettable day with 3 picks. BB is clearly haunting his head space. Our defense played outstanding today and made him look bad.

Think you’ve skipped a week. We’re on to Cleveland, next Sunday. Atlanta is the following week.

You're right. We'll have to deal with Baker Mayfield and the Browns first. How sweet would it be if OBJ was lining up with us to face his former team?

Gilmore went from a team that had a strong-ish defense and sputtering offense to a team with a strong defense and bad offense.

That team that he left is now picking up on offense.

Also his protege showed him up by getting a pick 6 over his int.

I love Gilmore, but I'm glad we beat him in the fashion we did :)

For those naysayers who have been proclaiming the Pats are nowhere near a playoff team - as of this moment they are the #7 seed (which is a playoff team) - and are one-half game behind the Buffalo Bills for the AFCE lead with 2 games against them to go.

Dishonorable mention goes to our OL and especially Isaiah "I'm a Matador" Wynn who almost got Jones killed on a few plays including the Burns blindside sack.
This is false. That wasn't Wynn's fault despite the commentary here on the boards. The Pats were attempting to pull Shaq Mason across and Mason couldn't get there. It happened TWICE. The first time resulted in the strip sack. The second resulted in Harris being injured.

There is something terribly wrong with that Play design and the Panthers took advantage of it because Burns was lined up wide.

That game against Cleveland, man that’s gonna be a tough one. Maybe we’ll have OBJ in our lineup :).

I’m really worried about shutting down that Browns offense. Especially Nick Chubb. Then that front 4 on their defense could give our line fits. Hopefully Mac gets out of his funk and has a good game. This is like a playoff game, whoever wins helps their playoff seeding.
joe.jpg

For those naysayers who have been proclaiming the Pats are nowhere near a playoff team - as of this moment they are the #7 seed (which is a playoff team) - and are one-half game behind the Buffalo Bills for the AFCE lead with 2 games against them to go.
Certain people on this board said that, at BEST, the Patriots are a Wild Card team. At 5-4 and a half game out of first place, winning the division is not out of the question.. And yet, I'm sure that those people won't admit to being wrong about the team.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back