PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Panthers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Defense Defense Defense

Great game. Chemistry is building. Confidence is building. We are on our way.

Bring on the Browns

Go Pats

I've been with you all the way, BB

This is false. That wasn't Wynn's fault despite the commentary here on the boards. The Pats were attempting to pull Shaq Mason across and Mason couldn't get there. It happened TWICE. The first time resulted in the strip sack. The second resulted in Harris being injured.

There is something terribly wrong with that Play design and the Panthers took advantage of it because Burns was lined up wide.
I also think Shaq needs to lose some wgt, hes noticeably more ah robust than he use to be. If he shed a few lbs maybe he would have been able to get into position.

Interesting that Bill had a long chat with McCaffrey at the end. A possible signing?
McCaffery is signed through 2025 when he'll be 30/31 years old.

Dominant on D, shaky on offense. Still liked what i saw from the RB's... just gotta pray Rhamondre and Harris are okay, we really got something goin there and Bolden too!! Still a great set even without White.

Great results elsewhere. Bills, Raiders, Bengals losing are all good results. Alot of these AFC playoff hopefuls play each other so if we take care of business and get to 10 wins (need to go 5-3 over the last 8) we will be in the playoffs. Exciting season!

Huge test next week. The Browns played an incredible game today, bit of a statment on their end after some recent struggles. Baker looked really good. We will have to bring our A game in that one, need a much better output offensively and clean game.

Keeping a close eye on Gunner, Harris, and Rham this week. Would like them all for cleveland, but having at least one of Harris / Rham would be huge. I have faith in JJ to chip in with either of those leading the way.

5-4 now , I remember when people were saying after the rough start that 5 wins is the best case scenario lol LFG!!!!

I also think Shaq needs to lose some wgt, hes noticeably more ah robust than he use to be. If he shed a few lbs maybe he would have been able to get into position.
Not against someone like Burns.. He's just too quick.. On that play, they if they are going to pull Mason, they need him to end up between the LT and LG.. Not outside the LT. They need Wynn driving the DE out wide..

That game against Cleveland, man that’s gonna be a tough one. Maybe we’ll have OBJ in our lineup :).

I’m really worried about shutting down that Browns offense. Especially Nick Chubb. Then that front 4 on their defense could give our line fits. Hopefully Mac gets out of his funk and has a good game. This is like a playoff game, whoever wins helps their playoff seeding.
I think it'll be an interesting game. Two 5-4 teams facing each other. I'm happy that in general our OL is improving ( a few missed blocks in the passing game still stick out ) and our defense is in general better. I'm not happy that we still seem to take dumb penalties ( unlike earlier Patriots teams ) and turn the ball over. We'll need a clean game to do well against CLE.

joe.jpg
Quick Joker a free donut if you can name that dude- and correctly spell his last name. No googling

THE AFC is so damn wide open. Cleveland, Bengals, KC, Bills, Ravens, no team has really been consistent all year. This is both good and bad. The good is that it opens up the door to a lot of potential situations were a few surprise wins could see the Patriots getting a higher than usual seed. The bad news is it sounds like a lot of teams will be in the 10 win range or more. Meaning 9 probably won't be enough.

Easily the best game of the year by the D. Nearly 160 yards rushing, moving the chains, just choking off the opposing offense. Next week will be a big test against a good Cleveland D.
And a good Cleveland offense.. F**K when was the last time those two sentences could be used to talk about Cleveland???

If he gets cut, it will be because he can't run the ball anymore.
Not necessarily. Just may be too expensive at the time. Although they are way overusing him

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back