PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I dont blame the Pats for blocking the Jets player in the back on the punt TD return.

Putting the ball in Macs control at the 10 yard line runs the risk of 2 sacks and an offensive penalty moving the ball out of FG range to win the game.

Listen to your sister and get off the Internet (or as she calls it, the "Intra-net").

Absolutely not. Flacco could be decent on a team with an all pro oline. Most definitely not the Jets' injured makeshift oline. He can read a D, and still has a decent arm... but he's a statue. There'd be an average of 3 strip-sacks weekly.
Flacco is Elite! He still can win with a solid supporting cast. Suit him up!

Orlesky suggesting Wilson didn’t even know the plays. If true, oof.

We'll put Jon Jones on Diggs with Safety help. Where we got burned is not having people to cover Davis and McKenzie. This is where Mills and Jack Jones will have to come into play.

Allen couldn't handle the Jets defense a couple weeks ago. The Pats defense is better than the Jets defense.
Yeah, that could work however we have all these safeties the plan I'd go is double Diggs take him away, make Gabe Davis or Knox win.. need a fast ,shifty DB not named myles Bryant on Mckenzie.. I like Jack Jones on gave Davis, mills in boundary.. yeah our D is championship caliber.. it's gonna be tested Thursday though.. got to double JJ..

I know Zach is a catastrophe, but does anyone think Joe Flacco is really a better option for the Jets. He’s that QB that’s good for 1 game and then once the fan base gets excited that he’ll be good, he reveals his true colors and is terrible again. Didn’t Denver just experience that recently?

I think Wilson may need to be benched to get an attitude adjument. The guy seems like an entitled douche who probably thinks everything should be given to him and he doesn’t have to work for anything. Benching him could knock some sense into him.

I think Wilson may need to be benched to get an attitude adjument. The guy seems like an entitled douche who probably thinks everything should be given to him and he doesn’t have to work for anything. Benching him could knock some sense into him.
Or many years from now he could end up on the Seahawks and have a good season and shock everyone.

Or many years from now he could end up on the Seahawks and have a good season and shock everyone.
That’s the thing - he’s another QB who actually DOES have a lot of clear physical gifts but is ruined immediately by being drafted by the JETE

The offensive line was a mess yesterday.

This one they looked like they were pass blocking?

O lines been in dissary all season, they also have been adversely affected by the coaching or lack there of.. if the kine can't protect IDC who is at QB you won't be able to much on offense.. as we put offense is living proof of it! BB knows this of course, but he's not going to turn on his coaching staff.. funny thing is.. he has no issues benching a player not performing well, so why not the same for a coach!

Offensive line I'm sure will be the top priority this off-season. Put a formidable line in front of Mac and I'm confident he can be a long term franchise QB. Dude played well vs the Jets despite having pathetic protection.

O lines been in dissary all season, they also have been adversely affected by the coaching or lack there of.. if the kine can't protect IDC who is at QB you won't be able to much on offense.. as we put offense is living proof of it! BB knows this of course, but he's not going to turn on his coaching staff.. funny thing is.. he has no issues benching a player not performing well, so why not the same for a coach!
Several coaches have said that he has no problem demoting and moving coaches (Dean Pees is an example) but much like the Wynn problem, who replaces Patricia that's better? Probably not Joe Judge. I'd vote for Caley, but that got shot down in training camp. Unfortunately, I think it is what it is for the coaching staff until off season.

Cleaning out the patriots notebook, like only Mike Reiss can: Great points about Guy and Godchaux and how good they have been this year!!! God has been criticized a lot on this board, but his play this year has been a major reason why our run defense is much improved:

Last edited:

Thanks for the 1st video. The OL played it well - I thought they screwed up - that play was a screen to Stevenson and Mac blew it. Rhamondre would have had a lot of yards. Wonder what happened to Mac. The Oline did their job.

Damn it! You Patriots ruined our franchise QB.
Hope you're proud of yourselves.

Regardless of whether Zach starts this Sunday, just glad Saleh is getting tough on Zach. His performance was ridiculous.

It wasn't just Wilson's performance that would scare me if I was a Jets fan (shudder), it was his failure to take responsibility for his poor game afterward.

Several coaches have said that he has no problem demoting and moving coaches (Dean Pees is an example) but much like the Wynn problem, who replaces Patricia that's better? Probably not Joe Judge. I'd vote for Caley, but that got shot down in training camp. Unfortunately, I think it is what it is for the coaching staff until off season.
Ya, I understand, I believe pees was more of he was going to retire and that move was sort of health related if I remember correctly. BB rarely if any demotes his staff, it's alot easier to do it with players because they are under contract and good reasoning can be used when negotiating with thier agents.. if thier play isn't up to Parr, there we're plenty of choices as u mentioned Caley, O'brien, on that front from the reports. were he didn't want to void his contract with Saban and not have a clearly defined role.

Patricia is performing 3 different roles. Senior football advisor, O line coach, play caller.. that is a ton of responsibility for 1 person.. if the line can perform to basic NFL standards we'd have more success. Also Trent Brown was benched he was actually the least of the problems on the line..

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back