PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The Zappe crew on the board is insufferable.

your QB has 245 yards, go 23-27 (only 4 incompletions!) and the fans will say he is garbage. only Joe Burrow threw for more yards against the jets. the Bills lost to the Jets with Josh allen throwing 2 picks!

this is a really great defense over there in NYC.
Facts! The offensive line is everything! If the line can't protect or run block no offense will be successful.. that's the issue with us.. our line is in disarray, they are also affected by the lack there of, of coaching. Scar would have this line playing at all pro levels..

I never heard of an embarrassing win...a win is a win and I'll take it all day long. Get excited, we just won and I'm loving it!!!!
You know what’s embarrassing?
So-called “fans” who can’t enjoy a win …for a single hour, much less a day…against a division foe and hated franchise that dumps that franchise into last place while helping the Pats playoff hopes, all during a rebuilding year.
I guess it’s really Ian’s fault…. If only there where 3 or 4 other threads where posters could complain non-stop about Mac Jones/ Patricia/ OL/ [fill in the blank].

The Zappe crew on the board is insufferable.

your QB has 245 yards, go 23-27 (only 4 incompletions!) and the fans will say he is garbage. only Joe Burrow threw for more yards against the jets. the Bills lost to the Jets with Josh allen throwing 2 picks!

this is a really great defense over there in NYC.

Outgained them by 200 yards. Averaged 5.0 yards a play against them. Other teams with "elite offenses" against the jets defense
Ravens 5.2
Bengals 5.0
Bills 5.2

Lack of points just came from OL losing their matchups at crucial spots and maybe a few bad playcalls but there definitely was a TD taken off the board on the drive where Smith was clear to run down the sideline and fumbled it and then a bad spot on 3rd down on a Bourne catch that would have made it 1st and goal

Thought Harris maybe should have gotten a few more rushes but hard to take reps from Stevenson when he does stuff that he does breaking like 4 tackles on a 3rd and 16 to get a 1st and then breaks another two tackles on a 1st & 20 to get near the 1st down.

If the gameplan against the Vikings doesn't call for Harris & Stevenson to get about 15-20 touches each that's a failure by Patricia

Look what Tony Pollard just did against them

9d98458ce837ea80e51a3ce17b4b03bf.png

Last edited:
Has anyone seen different angles of the play where Andrews got hurt? It almost looked like he was on the ground & a Jets player stepped on him. I hope I'm wrong but I'd like to see it.

If Mac actually had a real full offseason with real coaches to build off of what he did well last season and to improve on what he struggled with I would wager he would be a lot better. Probably not amazing, but good. Not this clown show.
I dont agree at all.

Jones worked with Tom House last off season and there is no improvement in his arm strength whatsover. Its not the playcalling.

I get it, but I did see some things on offense yesterday that gave me hope. Keeping fingers crossed!!! Love our defense though!!!
They consistently moved the ball, in the wind against a top D, with 2 OL knocked out of the game. Had numerous chances to kick several more FG's but kept going backwards when they got in the rz or close to it. That was on BB for not focusing on getting FG's, though he did on their only FG when he chose not to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 5.

It’s about scoring points, not stats. The stats make Mac Jones look good. But the Jets defense was giving him that. They completely dominated our offense. And, yes, they’re good but not the second coming of the ‘86 Bears.

1. Need a real OC
2. Need to not play Ferentz
3. Need to play a QB not named Mac Jones. Bench him Thursday for Zappe. QB Jones has regressed too much this year. And it’s more than the coaching. He needs better protection. Zappe makes magic happen.

I dont agree at all.

Jones worked with Tom House last off season and there is no improvement in his arm strength whatsover. Its not the playcalling.
Ok so explain how all national analysts people that have played or been involved witht the NFL around the game, at a high level, NFL teams executives and the like.. everyone can't be wrong.. so i guess all pro Micheal Irvin is wrong, tons of other high level all pro nfl people. we are proud patriots fans we are not gullible we all see what the issues are.. Mac needs coaching, in all fairness to patricia he's asked to call plays, coach the o line.. handle contracts. That's alot on one person to consume.. the end result is what we see on the offensive line! Let's be real here!

Unless BB throws away this stellar team He will back in the near future so you better learn to like him.
Your boy zapster will still have his all pro offensive line in front of him along with his talented coaching whiz..

Nope. Today it was 75% OLINE and/or coaching. Mac was super accurate and threw with velocity too. Pressure was the problem. It was jailbreak time all afternoon. And the Jets did that rushing 4 or 5 and got lots of interior pressure which is kryptonite for pocket passers.

Mac will see nothing but pressure until they solve this problem. There are both talent and coaching problems with the OLINE, and little or nothing was called by the coaches to slow down the Jets rush...
It wasn't just the oline today. Mac has never done that great with recognizing the blitz going to his hot route. The oline gave some stuff up for sure. But Mac has no feel for the pocket, he's either got happy feet and bails at the first sign of pressure, or stands like a statue as the pocket closes in around him. This has been an issue since day 1 for him.

Pats defense was the first defense to hold 2 teams to under 50 passing yards (20+ attempts) in a season since the the 1988 Vikings
That's amazing! With no household names in the secondary, a mix of rookies, vets and unproven players.. that's impressive.. I still fear that man in Buffalo though.. I hope BB locks up digs with a double team and makes everyone else beat us.. JC Jackson has never been the same player since Diggs roasted him..

Ok so explain how all national analysts people that have played or been involved witht the NFL around the game, at a high level, NFL teams executives and the like.. everyone can't be wrong.. so i guess all pro Micheal Irvin is wrong, tons of other high level all pro nfl people. we are proud patriots fans we are not gullible we all see what the issues are.. Mac needs coaching, in all fairness to patricia he's asked to call plays, coach the o line.. handle contracts. That's alot on one person to consume.. the end result is what we see on the offensive line! Let's be real here!

The love for this Pats QB is way more intense than the days of Drew Bledsoe.

You do understand that next season is it. The end of the Sack Jones debate. The verdict will come down and be final.

A few notes:
  • This defense is the real deal. I don't expect to see what we have seen the last three games the rest of the way because they faced some horrible QBs, but they should be able to give Cousins fits on Thursday since he wilts under pressure and slow down some of the offenses they will be facing down the stretch.
  • Zach Wilson had 77 yards passing and 34 of them came from one play where Wilson grossly underthrew the ball and Mims was blanketed coverage, but because the ball was underthrown, Mims was in position to stop and come back for the ball. Wilson had 43 yards for the rest of the game.
  • About Zach Wilson, he is uncoachable. I used to think that Saleh and the Jets were ruining him, but I am beginning to think that QB whisperers like Andy Reid couldn't get through to this kid. You can tell from his post game press conference that this kid is an immature and entitled douche. There have been a lot of rumors that he just doesn't care or puts in the work and thinks he can become a star just on his god-given talent. It shows on the field.
  • Penalties are still a major issue. I stated in this thread that Mac Jones averaged 14 yards a pass on first down yet did not convert a single first down passing and he completed 100% of his passes on first down. That means most of the times he passed on first down, the Pats were in first and 15 or longer. You are not going to convert a lot of first downs if you are constantly in first or second and 15 or more.
  • This goes to another issue. Predictability. The Pats usually ran on first down unless they were first and 15 or or more. There were times that you could tell the Jets defenders knew exactly what the Pats were doing. I remember the one sack where Jones ran play action and the Jets blitzed six defenders and not a single defender bit on the play action and didn't even slow down their rush. By the time Jones turned around from dropping back, two or three defenders were almost on him.
  • What is the deal with Patricia running one offense inside the 20s and then changing up the offense when they get close to the red zone? Jones was actually effective mid-field running the offense actually lining up over center and running a quick pass offense. Once they get around the 30, they right back to shotgun and ultra predictable.

Is he wrong? Is Mac STILL Processing the defense the way he should? Is he seeing the field the way he should? How many times did he throw to one side while completely ignoring the other and far more open receivers? I counted at least twice he never looked to his left, missing wide open players who'd have had 20+ yards..
No, I don't believe I am wrong.

The love for this Pats QB is way more intense than the days of Drew Bledsoe.

You do understand that next season is it. The end of the Sack Jones debate. The verdict will come down and be final.
BB looks for value, right now Mac 10 , is in his rookie deal.. very team friendly he's not going anywhere.. we have talent on offense, not putting it all on him.. his line is in disarray Burrow had the same issues early on this season.. look how he looked early on..

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back