PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

How on earth can some people not see how terrible Mac Jones is?

We are in trouble because this team does not have a QB.
Boy am I tired of the Zap crap.

The Lions have just finished beating the Packers, the Bears, and the Giants for three wins in a row, giving up 19 a game.

And what did they do their first seven games? Just because they are on a winning streak now doesn’t change what they were for most of the season. Even after this three game win streak where they only gave up 19 points a game, they are still dead last in the league in points allowed giving up 28.2 PPG. That just shows how bad their defense was when they faced the Patriots.

The O-Line is horrible

The offensive playcalling is horrific

The defense is playing lights out. I'm not hearing much whinging about Steve Belichick from the usual armchair defensive gurus these days...

...Aaaaaaand another one...
The problem with that attitude is that it's divisive. This is a discussion forum and we should be able to criticize as well as praise the team and it's coaches. There are too many here who believe that we should all be wearing pom poms.

The O-Line is horrible

The defense is playing lights out. I'm not hearing much whinging about Steve Belichick from the usual armchair defensive gurus these days...
...says the armchair offensive guru.

...says the armchair offensive guru.
Far from it.

But when someone as football illiterate as me knows exactly what we're going to do on 80% of snaps, it's a problem. Except for running a QB sneak on 2nd down, the old Joe Judge special. I didn't see that one coming.

Far from it.

But when someone as football illiterate as me knows exactly what we're going to do on 80% of snaps, it's a problem. Except for running a QB sneak on 2nd down, the old Joe Judge special. I didn't see that one coming.
It's funny that you would say that. I'm also in the same football illiterate place as you and at the beginning of the game I started telling my wife what plays were coming. I've also noticed that there have been a few times during the season when the Pats would run a play and there were already multiple defenders waiting at the point of attack.

I think it's pretty clear that the defense is good to great and the offense is poor to average (as well as predictable). Even we can see that. :)

This call gives new meaning to the term "homer", but I love it anyway!!!!

Watching Zo was like watching Pats fans everywhere. That was an incredibly exciting way to finish a game. I have a feeling that teams will try not to kick it to him in the future. He's special.

Now my question. If the situation were reversed and we were punting with Jones back there for the other team with 20 seconds left would we have kicked it to him? It seems like the safer play in that situation is to keep it away from him, or any punt returner for that matter. I thought about it after the fact.

2 weeks ago Josh Allen was 18/34 with 2 INT against them Jones was 23/27 (could have been 25/27 as I think there was 2 catchable balls that were dropped) Playcalling was fine for the most part. That was a pretty good defense on the other side.

Plus the throws it away.

Mac needs to start doing that.

Additionally get the ball out on 2 sec

when the play design is not as such that you have options to get rid off quickly its difficult, you can for sure just throw the ball away as soon as you get the ball snapped bc OC designes some stupid routes where it takes 10 sec for anybody to start looking for the ball downfield (and than there are like 3 WR within 2 yards with 4 defenders around), i think Mac was so so yesterday, for sure not all sacks where on him, 4 of them at least were just horrible line play, thanksdad is pushed around in the middle like a kid, cajuste seems not to belong on the field as well, strange is a rookie and needs time, not easy to play behind such a line, but as mentioned it starts also with the play design and play calling and that is still atrocius, ****ing help them out with some smart play calling and design to not need 5 sec for a play to develop

get a real OC in town and an OL coach as well

The Pats signed Cody Russey to the 53 this week (not a practice squad promotion), before Andrews injury. Russey played his whole senior year at center and was a team captain. So I think Russey would play center before Strange.
That’s Kody. That’s the way they do it in Texas.

This call gives new meaning to the term "homer", but I love it anyway!!!!

I used to think that Zo was an embarrassment. Now I'm embarrassed by those who rush on to Patsfans after a win over the JETE to say that they aren't "excited". If you're not excited by beating the JETE, however, whenever, then you should do something else with your Sunday afternoons. I'll take Zo any day of the week.

Most embarrassing win that I can recall. Folk fell apart, 4th and 3 shotgun sweep and macs statue like pocket presence just awful to watch. Maybe we squeak in playoffs but we are not a good team the offense is in shambles.

Corky ****ing Sucks, as does now 4/5ths of his offensive OL, his QB coach & his OL coach/play-caller... Plus he's a gutless ****ing b!tch too.
QB coach may very well suck. Look what a horrible job he did with the Giants and how unimaginative the offense was.

I think Patricia was given too much responsibility, but Joe Judge is flying below the radar.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back