PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

He [Strange] doesn’t have enough NFL experience with blocking assignents. Ferentz is better, even though he gets blown up sometimes.
Give Kody Russey a try. He was starting against LSU when Cole Strange was a bench warmer trying to get to 300 pounds.

Bill of course will start who sucks. But he trusts Ferentz.

And Mac Jones’s sphincter will be so tight seeing a ball boy-sized NFL center in front of him that aside from a few fun plays the offense on Thanksgiving Day will put America to sleep more than the tryptophan.

Matt T. Patricia.

I used to think that Zo was an embarrassment. Now I'm embarrassed by those who rush on to Patsfans after a win over the JETE to say that they aren't "excited". If you're not excited by beating the JETE, however, whenever, then you should do something else with your Sunday afternoons. I'll take Zo any day of the week.

Zo is blessed in that, mentally, he never really left college. He's forever young.

Most embarrassing win that I can recall. Folk fell apart, 4th and 3 shotgun sweep and macs statue like pocket presence just awful to watch. Maybe we squeak in playoffs but we are not a good team the offense is in shambles.

Folk didn't fall apart. Both of his misses came against the wind. Also, he had a new holder.

Make the offense work. Put in Zappe at QB and Kody Russey at center.

There, I said it.

And more Tyquan, too. It’s Texas time.

What a win!!! Marcus Jones!!!!!

Our defense was incredible!!!! Offense and line need to get better!!! Win win and go to 6-4.

I love it!!!!! Hate the jets and this feels great!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!
Great finish, however offense left to much to be desired, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that the person put in charge of coaching the offense and offense line is vastly overwhelmed. Just being a realistic fan for my team! Defense is championship caliber..

Make the offense work. Put in Zappe at QB and Kody Russey at center.

There, I said it.

And more Tyquan, too. It’s Texas time.
Zappe or anyone at this point isn't going to work.. the issues are offense line and offense coaching or lack there of.. any NFL qb that had the numbers Mac had yesterday should've have been able to put up points.. sadly we have the same coaching for the offense and the line.. I honestly feel Patricia is overwhelmed.. it's like asking an electrician to do his job and build a home foundation at the same time.. the only way we can win games is defense, ST !

Great finish, however offense left to much to be desired, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that the person put in charge of coaching the offense and offense line is vastly overwhelmed. Just being a realistic fan for my team! Defense is championship caliber..
I saw some improvement on the offensive side of the ball. We had 300 yards of offense against a top 5 defense. Did it amount to more points, no, did out o-line play well, no, but though Mac played well. I think we're heading in the right direction and we got a win against a division rival, who I hate!!

Most embarrassing win that I can recall. Folk fell apart, 4th and 3 shotgun sweep and macs statue like pocket presence just awful to watch. Maybe we squeak in playoffs but we are not a good team the offense is in shambles.
I never heard of an embarrassing win...a win is a win and I'll take it all day long. Get excited, we just won and I'm loving it!!!!

Last edited:
I saw some improvement on the offensive side of the ball. We had 300 yards of offense against a top 5 defense. Did it amount to more points, no, did out o-line play well, no, but though Mac played well. I think we're heading in the right direction and we got a win against a division rival, who I hate!!
Yes, absolutely agree. We moved the ball great! I'll have to put the decision to not got for it inside the 5 in the 1st quarter as a bad judgement call by BB.. but then we go for it at the 45.. just puzzling.. however we see offensive power houses next few weeks.. I'll concede the 2 losses to Baltimore.. Allen is a problem for us..

I never heard of an embarrassing win...a win is a win and I'll take it all day long. Get excite, we just won and I'm loving it!!!!
I believe he meant embarrassing for the offense, wich it is.. this defense is championship caliber..

I never heard of an embarrassing win...a win is a win and I'll take it all day long. Get excite, we just won and I'm loving it!!!!
Neither had I Ashley and I have been at this alot longer then you based on your handle. Don't get it twisted love our D this year but Offense is a disaster if we flat out just can't run all over a team.

Neither had I Ashley and I have been at this alot longer then you based on your handle. Don't get it twisted love our D this year but Offense is a disaster if we flat out just can't run all over a team.
I get it, but I did see some things on offense yesterday that gave me hope. Keeping fingers crossed!!! Love our defense though!!!

No second half decline for Judon like last year. And the safety Duggar is turning into a fearsome Ronnie Lott.

Without Barmore, the D line performed admirably. Even the linebackers had a bounce in their step.

The vicious clothesline sack by Mack Wilson on the feeble Jets QB was beautiful. Gif that forever.

Dee Wise has truly turned the corner and become a very good player. Finally.

Someone is going to poach Jerod Mayo and make him straight up DC. Amazing defense.

And it all starts with a guy I thought was going through the motions his last year. Devin McCourty.

mac had 2nd most yards against this defense. Josh allen threw two picks against the same defense. so definitely improvement and all the griping by posters need to take a step back. the lack of scoring is IMO on the OL being an absolute sieve and the playcalling.

I mean 4th and 1 lets run a jet sweep. or some of the plays where we move the ball. Then patricia kills the drive but going 1st and 2nd down runs for no gain/3 yards. and now Mac is in 3rd and long against that front.

I used to think that Zo was an embarrassment. Now I'm embarrassed by those who rush on to Patsfans after a win over the JETE to say that they aren't "excited". If you're not excited by beating the JETE, however, whenever, then you should do something else with your Sunday afternoons. I'll take Zo any day of the week.
Yes Zo is a homer but I turn down the sound of the TV broadcast and listen to Bob S and Zo. Even with the time delay it’s better (although I can understand why that would bother people.) Zo does not hesitate to criticize the Pats, either for poor play or poor coaching. But he makes his observation then moves on…..unlike many posters on here who aren’t satisfied unless the Pats win by 3 touchdowns and the QB replicates Brady.
Serious question for all those posters who can’t seem to enjoy this win….. when Jones was returning that kick…. were you jumping up and down yelling in glee…. Or were you sitting there refusing to cheer and instead were thinking Geez Mac Jones sucks.

Neither had I Ashley and I have been at this alot longer then you based on your

I get it, but I did see some things on offense yesterday that gave me hope. Keeping fingers crossed!!! Love our defense though!!!
I feel like what will instill more hope for us as fans is IF we can get a win in wich the offense scores, the reason the defense has been a force is the coaching stability is there, coaching is so vital in the NFL,

Yes Zo is a homer but I turn down the sound of the TV broadcast and listen to Bob S and Zo. Even with the time delay it’s better (although I can understand why that would bother people.) Zo does not hesitate to criticize the Pats, either for poor play or poor coaching. But he makes his observation then moves on…..unlike many posters on here who aren’t satisfied unless the Pats win by 3 touchdowns and the QB replicates Brady.
Serious question for all those posters who can’t seem to enjoy this win….. when Jones was returning that kick…. were you jumping up and down yelling in glee…. Or were you sitting there refusing to cheer and instead were thinking Geez Mac Jones sucks.

The Zappe crew on the board is insufferable.

your QB has 245 yards, go 23-27 (only 4 incompletions!) and the fans will say he is garbage. only Joe Burrow threw for more yards against the jets. the Bills lost to the Jets with Josh allen throwing 2 picks!

this is a really great defense over there in NYC.

So Zolak has been lighting up the O line most of the season. And rightfully so.

No Homer is he.

Muting the tv dunderheads and listening to Bob and a sloshed Zo on the radio is the way to go.

I just worry that the drinking might get the better of Scott Zolak. It always does. Hopefully, I’m wrong about my impression that he is under the influence.

mac had 2nd most yards against this defense. Josh allen threw two picks against the same defense. so definitely improvement and all the griping by posters need to take a step back. the lack of scoring is IMO on the OL being an absolute sieve and the playcalling.

I mean 4th and 1 lets run a jet sweep. or some of the plays where we move the ball. Then patricia kills the drive but going 1st and 2nd down runs for no gain/3 yards. and now Mac is in 3rd and long against that front.
Very true, spoken facts. I don't believe people are griping it's more of we have talent on offense, we have a championship caliber D, and it's frustrating Going 3 and out continually not sustaining drives.. we have a gauntlet of offenisve power houses coming up, we need to show we can score not just move the ball..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back