PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

We've won 5 of the last 6, and the negative Nancy's here are all out in force. Bad fans.

We played one of the top defenses in football today, in very tough wind conditions, with two starting OL knocked out early, and Trent Brown sick. The offense ran up 300 yards of offense, and would've scored 9-12 points had BB gone exclusively for short FG's (i.e., no drop backs inside the 25).

Stop the *****in about Mac, MP, Wynn, Strange, et al. It's a work in progress, and our record says it's working. Truly tiresome listening to the primadonnas. Sign up for the NFL package and follow the Bills.

What a ****ing clown post. Who the **** are you to tell us how to think? "Shut up and comply!"

The negative nancies have taken over this board. People define fandom in different ways I guess. I personally think it means cheering them on no matter what and enjoy the wins and good plays when they come. Others seem to think it means following a team, cheering them when they are a top 5 team in the league, and rip them the rest of the time. I honestly think fans of other teams are easier on the patriots players/staff than some people here.

...Aaaaaaand another one...

the people excusing Mac's play due to inept offensive coaches this year...what about end of last year? his suckiness trend did not start week 1 this year, it started like week 12 last year
What's the opposite of a binky? Whatever horrid thing it is, sadly that's what Mac Jones has become for so many of you...

I think I figured it out: the opposite of a binky is a suppository -- Mac is your suppository, a painful but necessary evil embedded deeply in all of your putrid consciences.

And if your binky ever becomes your suppository, it is unlikely to ever be your binky again.

Last edited:
No... I am not going to be alright. The dynasty years showed improvement throughout the season. This offense is going backwards. They scored three points! The countless mental errors... Only ten guys on the field. Illegal formation. Be happy beating the jets but we saw this last year when the pats rolled into buffalo and passed once or twice then they got steamrolled by buffalo. If you can't score points you are not going to win many game. Mac Jones is essentially rex Grossman and we have the bears defense. Are you happy with the growth you've seen from the offense?
Rex Grossman made it to the SB with that defense and the Pats defense looks better.

I agree. Everyone wanted to hate on Steve and the the defense in the off season. That defense is playing amazing. So what does everyone focus on how bad the offense is? If you’re going to criticize Patricia and the offense, you need to give credit to Mayo, Steve and the defense.
Do you really believe that Steve Belichick is the reason this defense is doing well?

In totality I concur. I was irritated during the game and felt his pocket presence was bad but looking at jets defense and how other teams have performed coming back with no interceptions and a QB rating of 103 is not bad at all. There is definitely some progress. Jonnu screens and run options were great. Rham and Harris were terrific.

We had two field goals missed and two interceptions dropped along with 3 ticky tacky holding calls and 2 egregious ball placements.

Mac is definitely a positive for today he is taking baby steps . He is not making mistakes. If he can improve pocket presence it would be great. Actually he had two passes on the move. If only jakobi had not dropped that pass.

And what pass would that be?

You gotta go for TDs at some point. I don't blame the coaches.

On the other hand, I don't think we have the kind of offense that can convert a 2nd a goal from the 20 after a bogus holding call.

Man, the refs are killing us. From bad spots which make Belichick go for a FG inside the 10 yard line to 2 bad holding calls (Cajuste's wasn't and Ferentz's was minor compared to the total bear hugs against Judon on the other side).
The refs are bringing the overall play down to their level.

The worst one I saw this week was in the LV game. You had a clear late hit on a defenseless WR after a pass was blocked and when the WR protested he was given a penalty. The ref compounded his lack of a call by throwing a flag on Adams instead.

Do you really believe that Steve Belichick is the reason this defense is doing well?
Do you believe that Patricia is a reason that this offense is doing badly? Everyone excoriates the coordinators when a unit performs badly. I never see anyone give a coordinator credit if a unit performs well. You cannot have it both ways.

At this point Strange to center becomes interesting both short term and long term. Can he shotgun snap?
He doesn’t have enough NFL experience with blocking assignents. Ferentz is better, even though he gets blown up sometimes.

Do you believe that Patricia is a reason that this offense is doing badly? Everyone excoriates the coordinators when a unit performs badly. I never see anyone give a coordinator credit if a unit performs well. You cannot have it both ways.
I'm not a fan of coaching in the first place. To me it's about the players and my position is getting verified each and every week. Jeff Saturday came within a whisker of having his team get 2 straight wins in his first two games ever as a HC. Was that because of him that they won?

You can't tell from a still frame, especially one from the front. Wilson's right hand was square between the numbers of the Jets' player's back. I could see the call going either way, though it is worth noting if the flag had been thrown, the Patriots would still only need a very makeable FG to win the game.
But not cover the spread.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back