PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

national nfl mediots making a thing about the "block in the back". why aren't they making a deal about how the player that got blocked ran out of bounds from about the 35 yard to the 50 yard line

1167d52a7a7d75a16fe80d72bf05a75a.png

Bailey Zappe played two of the worst defenses in the NFL. Everyone gets into the end zone against the Browns and Lions. The Lions have given up over 30 points in five games this season. The Browns have done it four times (none of them were the Patriots).
The Lions have just finished beating the Packers, the Bears, and the Giants for three wins in a row, giving up 19 a game.

This shows how useless QB rating is as a stat. He has been terrible in the red zone which is what really counts. Its about putting points on the board and getting into the end zone.
I think Bill and Patricia have scared him stiff.
He is so afraid of turnovers that he has zero courage or poise in the pocket.
QBR is pretty meaningless.
i think they knew this was going to be a game where field goals would do it (like the first Jets game) and not to be stupid (like Allen was when the Bills lost to the Jets). They wanted him to play safe these games and it translated to wins. We’ll see how they have him playing in a dome against the worse defense in the Vikings.

Not to be crude, but at the game today it was like having blue balls for three agonizing hours alleviated by the hummer of your life. When Marcus caught that punt I yelled "RUN!!!" and I'll be damned if he didn't hear me. The stadium went completely bonkers, I'll never forget that moment. :cool:

So let me get this straight. It takes years of working as an assistant on offense to become a successful offensive coordinator in the NFL. But I’m expected to believe a mediocre defensive coordinator, a failed head coach, and suddenly offensive coordinator is not the problem? the kid who won a national championship and had a great year last year is to blame? Come on man, that’s not reality.
Great is kind of stretching it. It was a good year for a rookie, but all in all, pretty mediocre by NFL standard, sub-Kirk Cousins. And that's not even getting into the nose dive he took in the last six games of the year.

This shows how useless QB rating is as a stat. He has been terrible in the red zone which is what really counts. Its about putting points on the board and getting into the end zone.
I think Bill and Patricia have scared him stiff.
He is so afraid of turnovers that he has zero courage or poise in the pocket.
QBR is pretty meaningless.
LOL because QBR agrees with you but Passer Rating doesn't. I think what you meant to say was that stats are pretty meaningless to you.

Thanks, I just saw that the NESN website is saying that it was a coaches decision. Not sure why BB does not support his player if he was sick.

I am not sure. Supposedly he was sick, so they were resting him, but when Wynn was hurt they needed him.

Pretty sure he practiced it at the Senior Bowl.
They definitely had him playing some center in practice and in the game. Don't recall how he did on shotgun snaps -- which ended Damien Woody as a center in the NFL.

They definitely had him playing some center in practice and in the game. Don't recall how he did on shotgun snaps -- which ended Damien Woody as a center in the NFL.

The Pats signed Cody Russey to the 53 this week (not a practice squad promotion), before Andrews injury. Russey played his whole senior year at center and was a team captain. So I think Russey would play center before Strange.

Great is kind of stretching it. It was a good year for a rookie, but all in all, pretty mediocre by NFL standard, sub-Kirk Cousins. And that's not even getting into the nose dive he took in the last six games of the year.
He was 13th in DVOA and 12 in QBR and that's including the nosedive. During the 7 game winning streak last year he had top 5 numbers in most all statistical systems. Agree that he has inexplicably and nearly completely collapsed since then for whatever reasons.

Feels like the pats should have won by more looking at the stats.

D was amazing no question. Offense is awful though. Offensive line is terrible and while the pats can generally move the ball they simply cannot get the ball in the end zone.

Don't you know? Every team the Pats are about to play will be a serious challenge and tough to beat, and then if the Pats beat them, they were actually just tomato can fraudsters who could be beaten by the local high school team, and the Pats shouldn't be given any credit - really, they should be chastised for not winning by more.
Shaughnessy? Is that you?

Which is yet another example of what worthless garbage the QBR system is.
QBR is stupid stat because nobody knows what goes into the formula and while in some contexts it is helpful, it's so janky that it gets weird outputs. I wouldn't be surprised if they punished Mac more for getting sacked closer to field goal position for some reason.

Mac played better than Wilson. The Jets would have decisively won imo if you flipped QB's. That's not saying Mac is great or anything btw. But Wilson isn't even passable anymore.

LOL because QBR agrees with you but Passer Rating doesn't. I think what you meant to say was that stats are pretty meaningless to you.
Nah the thing is we know what is baked into passer rating unlike QBR. Therefore we know the context of passer rating and some of the obvious flaws baked in. While QBR is more subjective.

Passer ratings' issues are that it is heavily reliant on completions (regardless of whether they were contextually good or not) and it would rather you take a sack than throw a ball away even if the situation merits the latter.

QBR will sometimes say a great game by a QB was bad or that a mid game was the greatest game ever recorded. And they constantly tweak the formula. I'm actually convinced QBR was invented by ESPN so they could make Tim Tebow look good.

He was 13th in DVOA and 12 in QBR and that's including the nosedive. During the 7 game winning streak last year he had top 5 numbers in most all statistical systems. Agree that he has inexplicably and nearly completely collapsed since then for whatever reasons.
Well, as I've said, QBR is garbage, but at any rate, he was actually 16th not 12th and 15th by the old rating. So pretty much in the middle of the pack. Just for yucks, by QBR he was immediately behind Cousins who was 15th (although 4th by rating).

Nah the thing is we know what is baked into passer rating unlike QBR. Therefore we know the context of passer rating and some of the obvious flaws baked in. While QBR is more subjective.

Passer ratings' issues are that it is heavily reliant on completions (regardless of whether they were contextually good or not) and it would rather you take a sack than throw a ball away even if the situation merits the latter.

QBR will sometimes say a great game by a QB was bad or that a mid game was the greatest game ever recorded. And they constantly tweak the formula. I'm actually convinced QBR was invented by ESPN so they could make Tim Tebow look good.
Or more simply, it was just created so they could blow their own horns.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back