PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

What does Michael Irvin being an All Pro 30 years ago have to do with anything? He also was a literal crackhead.
Ok what does his off field transgressions have anything to do with anything? He's a sports contributer to the Andy Gresh show if you care to know.. let's keep it football related here..

Your boyapster will still have his all pro offensive line in front of him along with his talented coaching whiz..
Pats players are open all over the field.

Henry had a TD in the endzone, but Sack threw it to Jonnu instead. He was open too. The NE RBs go off on the run plays called by Patricia. Nobody here is crying about bad play calling then.

The 2022 Pats will be remembered for an Awesome defense, Special Teams that rock, Stud RBs, 2 top tier TEs, 3 solid WRs and a terrible QB.

I thought Mac looked good yesterday. I don't need him to be great. I want him to be a dink and dunk machine for a while and I thought he did that well yesterday against a really good defense and outstanding CBs.

And just about after every play where something good would happen, we'd run it straight ahead for a 2 yard loss or the OL would have a penalty and we'd lose 5 to 10 yards or they'd go to throw and Mac wouldn't have time (or took too much time) and would get sacked.

Boy am I tired of the Zap crap.
Allow me to predict how this will go.

The Pats will down by 2 scores relatively early in one of the remaining games on this schedule. Maybe a 14 point deficit because the NE offense stalls out drive after drive. Belichick will have a choice to stick with Jones and lose for sure or make a change at QB. I hope that Zappe gets another chance.

Do you really believe that Steve Belichick is the reason this defense is doing well?

Why is it that people like yourself can't accept what Players say about coaches? DMac and Gilmore both have given Steven and Brian high praise in regards to their coaching abilities.

Steven and Brian as well as Mayo, Covington, and Pellegrino are the ones getting the defense ready.. Thinking that they don't have a significant hand in it says volumes about your understanding of the game (or lack thereof).

Your post said otherwise. Brown didn't start because he was recovering from being sick. There seems to be something going through the lockerroom as a couple players missed time during the week due to illness.
Maybe I was not specific enough for you. The reporting is that Brown did not start due to a coaches decision because he missed practices. If he was sick BB is not being fair to the player.

From WEEI Thumbs Down
Trent Brown – New England’s big left tackle was in uniform but did not start against the Jets after reportedly missing a couple practices during the bye week. Instead, Isaiah Wynn returned to his former left tackle spot while Yodny Cajuste got the start at right tackle. Brown then entered the game at left tackle in the second quarter when Wynn went to the sideline with a foot issue. The big man was beaten badly for a sack late in the quarter to force a long Nick Folk field goal that hit the crossbar. New England also lost David Andrews in the first quarter to a thigh injury. Despite the bye, the Patriots' offensive line remains a bit of a mess.

Maybe I was not specific enough for you. The reporting is that Brown did not start due to a coaches decision because he missed practices. If he was sick BB is not being fair to the player.

From WEEI Thumbs Down
Trent Brown – New England’s big left tackle was in uniform but did not start against the Jets after reportedly missing a couple practices during the bye week. Instead, Isaiah Wynn returned to his former left tackle spot while Yodny Cajuste got the start at right tackle. Brown then entered the game at left tackle in the second quarter when Wynn went to the sideline with a foot issue. The big man was beaten badly for a sack late in the quarter to force a long Nick Folk field goal that hit the crossbar. New England also lost David Andrews in the first quarter to a thigh injury. Despite the bye, the Patriots' offensive line remains a bit of a mess.
Can't Judge Mac as a qb until the Oline is functioning. Worst ever i have seen.

For all the complaints about Patricia as OC, why is he not getting more hate for the OL, since he is also the OL coach.

At this point it seems like Patricia the OL-Coach is screwing Patricia the the OC.:D
Something is definitely wrong. With all of the dumb penalties and attitude issues it is clear that there is a disconnect between the players and the coaches.

Allow me to predict how this will go.

The Pats will down by 2 scores relatively early in one of the remaining games on this schedule. Maybe a 14 point deficit because the NE offense stalls out drive after drive. Belichick will have a choice to stick with Jones and lose for sure or make a change at QB. I hope that Zappe gets another chance.
That sounds like a distinct possibility next week

For all the complaints about Patricia as OC, why is he not getting more hate for the OL, since he is also the OL coach.

At this point it seems like Patricia the OL-Coach is screwing Patricia the the OC.:D
spider-man-pointing-meme.jpeg

Give Kody Russey a try. He was starting against LSU when Cole Strange was a bench warmer trying to get to 300 pounds.

Tell me you don't know anything about the players you're talking about w/o telling me you don't know anything about the players you're talking about.

Russey played for Louisiana TECH. Not LSU.

Strange Red-shirted his freshman year because of a broken wrist.

Russey was 6'1 and 270lbs coming out of HS. So it's just BS you're tossing about weight.

Was Marcus Jones TD really the 1st punt return TD of the season? That's kind of nuts. You'd think there'd have been at least 1-2 others by week 11.

From WEEI Thumbs Down

Your post, that I responded to, mentioned nothing about things reported after the game. Yes. we're getting different information now. Both situations can be true. That he missed time and that he'd been sick. And they don't have to be related.

He didn't start, but still played 68% of the snaps.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back