PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'm reading some stuff on twitter and there are people that are unironically saying the jets were the better D today.

F**KING HUH?

Jones was 24/27. Harris was gashing them. Stevenson was bulldozing them. They got lucky by some wind and Andrews again being out. And a couple of bad spots that should have continued drives.

Pats literally outgained them by 200 yards.

Josh Allen 2 weeks ago was 18/34 2 INT
The Jets only got their 3 points because Jack Jones misjudged/got pushed off of a bad pass by Wilson. The Jets defense played very well but the Patriots defense played better.

The offense was ****ing atrocious and Patricia must be removed from play calling duties.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved that return from Marcus Jones to win it. Very exciting and the defense was good as we can expect them to be.

But let’s not bury the primary story. Our offense sucks and we can’t go anywhere if it remains this way. Something has to change.

The offense sucked because they lost the starting center and one of the starting tackles within the first couple drives of the game.

That being said, the Pats need to bring in HOG Hannah to teach Strange how to handle guys like Quinnen Williams. Williams ate him up a couple times.

Ferentz showed why he's been a perennial back-up. He's the one who screwed the pooch on the delayed run blitz by Mosely up the middle.
Ferentz also got stomped by Quinnen Williams more than a few times.

Comparing this defense to the 2003 and 2004 defenses are an insult to those defenses. This D has not been tested really at all. Zack Wilson couldn't even complete basic NFL throws today.
But the defense had nothing to do with that.

Our only chance on Thursday is if the Vikings lose Cousins, Jefferson & Cook to injury today.
We're going to get blown out by 30 in MIN if our OL plays like this. And if we melt in the RZ EVERY DANG TIME.
Say what you want, but our RZ ineptitude is not all on OL or Mac, it's cowardly play design and play calling. We can move the ball down the field, but collapsing every drive at the 20 is absolutely and completely on the coaches.

The offense sucked because they lost the starting center and one of the starting tackles within the first couple drives of the game.

That being said, the Pats need to bring in HOG Hannah to teach Strange how to handle guys like Quinnen Williams. Williams ate him up a couple times.

Ferentz showed why he's been a perennial back-up. He's the one who screwed the pooch on the delayed run blitz by Mosely up the middle.
Can we maybe just bring back Hog Hannah himself? Couldn’t be much worse than Ferentz.

I mean the offense has sucked with or without David Andrews.

But the defense had nothing to do with that.
On a lot of the throws, not really. He had clean pockets and just made bad throws. Zach Wilson is just a terrible QB.

For years this team had one of the best O-lines and now it has one of the worse. Some of it has to be assigned to coaching, there is no one like Dante ! I miss him !!
There’s a reason he’s considered a legend/god/fatty whisperer :). It was definitely a kick in the nether region when he left both times. Let’s hope BB can pry him away from that R word next year. I’m sure he’s got nothing better to do than to yell at some big boys that could crush/stomp him like an ant. I can dream can’t I? It’s happened before so not all hope is lost.

Maybe it's time for Russey but not sure. He might be better then Ferentz at this point.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back