PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he has 2 problems. I would call them
Run blocking and pass blocking.

That’s cute but scapegoating Newhouse lets the rest of the offense off the hook and several other players deserve a fair share of criticism.

He has two problems and they really can’t be fixed. He can’t go left laterally and he isn’t strong enough to slow a good bull rush.

The video on the sack showed he went left laterally just fine. He had his man and kept him plenty far from Brady.. The video showed that definitively.

The issue I see is that he get's beat on swim moves easily and duck unders. And yes. A good bull rush tends to walk him back into the pocket..

idk what to tell you man. He plays like a 5th string tackle and happens to be playing like one when the rest of the offense has sucked too. If it was 2011 or 2016 we'd just think he was bad. Kinda sounds like we need a scapegoat, and when Wynn replaces him and we don't suddenly skyrocket to 30+ PPG I'm wondering who will be next to blame

I think the offense will look much better with Wynn in it. if brady gets even an extra 2 seconds to survey the field it will look better.

We looked lights out in game 1 before wynn went down.

The team hasn't stopped the run against anyone halfway decent at running it. Many posters agree that the D is built to stop the pass this season, which is true. But you can't maintain that opinion. I'm looking elsewhere tonight. This is hardly something I want to argue about at this time. Good night to you, man.
So you disagree that if they line up butler Shelton guy wise that’s a big enough dL? That was the question.

We haven’t struggled to stop the run against anyone but baltimore because we have played to stop the pass. If we face a running team that is trying to jam the run down our throats we won’t okay the light fronts that we have been playing.
Baltimore is the anamoly bit unless we face another team basically running a wild cat it’s irrelevant.
sure if you want to throw statements out there and not back them to, you can go ahead and do that

I am looking forward to seeing how many pressures/hits Newhouse gave up tonight.

Newhouse is what he is. I can’t be too angry at him, as he isn’t really starter quality. Will be happy to see Wynn return.

I know that changing multiple positions on the OL isn’t usually what you want, but if Andrews was still around, I’d go Thuney-Karras-Andrews.

Mason frustrates me more than Newhouse because for him, I did have expectations.

That’s cute but scapegoating Newhouse lets the rest of the offense off the hook and several other players deserve a fair share of criticism.
I’m not sure how looking at newhouses okay honestly scapegoats anyone.
I’m also not sure why anything “deserves” criticism from message board posters.

Can’t talk for him, but it seemed obvious he’s angry at how the offense is sputtering.
I think he absolutely wants that go ahead SB win to pass Pittsburgh before he hangs it up. The pressure of feeling like the opportunity might slip away maybe is getting to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how many pressures/hits Newhouse gave up tonight.
Didn’t you see them during the game?
Check out the run blocking too.

I really hope Wynn stays healthy. Would be devastating to lose him again.

I think he absolutely wants that go ahead SB win to pass Pittsburgh before he hangs it up. The pressure of feeling like the opportunity might slip away maybe is getting to him.
How could he feel it slipping away at 9-1?

idk what to tell you man. He plays like a 5th string tackle

Then stop telling people that he's not playing as bad as they are saying, WHEN YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING THE SAME THING.

Thanks.

Kinda sounds like we need a scapegoat, and when Wynn replaces him and we don't suddenly skyrocket to 30+ PPG I'm wondering who will be next to blame

It's called analysis.

• Karras is not as athletic as Andrews, so we're seeing a team that's lost the ability to pull its center.
  • Mason is having a down year, likely because of an injury (Bedard just said that he expects that he'll end up needing surgery after the season).
  • Cannon is having a lesser year, coming off of multiple injuries.
  • The team doesn't have a FB worthy of the title, now that Develin's on IR.
  • The team doesn't have TEs who can block. That's impacting both the running game and the short passing game.
  • The team has a RB1 who can't get yards on his own. He's also inexplicably bad in the passing game.
  • The team's WR1 has been having some pretty big drops this season.
  • The team's only deep speed at WR has been hurt multiple times this season.
  • The team not only has very little deep speed at WR but, with Gronk gone, it doesn't have the kind of seam threat that can make that less important.
  • And, to top that all off, and the worst of all problems, is that the LT sucks ass like a swarm of mosquitoes on a Donkey's behind.

And noting all of that is not looking for a scapegoat. It's analyzing the offensive play around the QB. If you want a legitimate scapegoat, look to whomever was the final decisionmaker in the cutting of AB.

What a BS call on Brooks. He led with his SHOULDER and hit Ertz in the chest..

It seeemed to me that all the "non-calls" went Philly's way despite Romo and Nance's claims to the contrary..

not to mention Phillys hit on Dorsett in the damn end zone was worse and no call at all.

Because he'sgot a front rowview of the offense's performance?
Going into today the patriots were #2 in scoring at 30 ppg and #1 in points allowed at 11

there 172 point differential is far and away the best in the league and they have the bet record in the nfl

clearly it’s all slipping away :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference