PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'm having difficulty processing the fact that if the Patriots had managed not to self-destruct just one time in the prior 2 games, we would have clinched a playoff spot before the last weekend.

If the refs actually blew the whistle for forward progress.

2 Tds and a field goal by the offense is not good enough. Offense looked terrible for 70% of the game.

Things I never want to see
Screens to myers
Yes, that’s why they lost right?

Playoffs start in 7 days

2 Tds and a field goal by the offense is not good enough. Offense looked terrible for 70% of the game.

Things I never want to see
Screens to myers
I’m not encouraged at all given the lack of progression on offense although there has been an incremental improvement from Mac recently.

Still I’m happy that we are playing meaningful football all the way to the end of the regular season. Wasn’t so sure after the lateral disaster.

Great win Pats!
Love seeing the Dolphins lose.
Any chance Buffalo rests their starters next week? Probably not since the Queefs held on today.

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Great job by the defense!!!! We win next week and we're in the playoffs!!!!

That's all we can ask for. Offense needs to improve, punting needs to improve and we need to stop making special teams mistakes.

This team doesn't quit though!!!!

Hopefully we can get a little healthier this week. It's nice to start the New Year with a win.

Let's discuss!!!!!!
Despite what some others posters have said,I think you need more exclamation
Mac was decent . Offensive Playcalling left lot to be desired. Stupid screens to Meyers needs to be eliminated. If you wanna do screens do to Jonnu or Bourne or Marcus Jones . Nobody else .

I am pleasantly surprised by the win. Very happy the defense was able to step up and take control of the game in the 2nd half.
I'll say that I was flumoxed that Miami didn't have a bigger lead by the 2nd half. I thought for sure that they'd have a double digit lead with the issues the Pats have at CB and facing the likes of Waddle and Hill. Even with Bridgewater in there.

Kyle Dugger almost went from hero to goat. He's the one who gave up the TD to Gisecki.

Like many, I didn't understand the Pats NOT going for the FG late in the 4th. Even a miss would have meant worse field position for Miami than a 10 yard sack on a play where Onwenu got owned. but wasn't helped by Mac rolling to that side allowing the defender to slip Onwenu easily.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back