PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The catch was better. He torched two guys off the line.
The catch was better, your right! Watch the tape. I am so so happy. Finally a Randy Moss type threat. On the play after he jukes the corner he raises his hand like Randy Always did. Good job Kid! Zappe also, wow, great look, wasn't his first read, it was his second and the ball he threw was accurate. All Zappe throws where extremely accurate all day. Middle, chest high, in stride, with some steam, very catchable. Impressive rookie class. Zappe don't miss, Brady was the same way. We have another Jimmy Garapolo cituation i hate to say....

Exactly. Patriots fans (myself included) spent years bemoaning the lack of protection Bledsoe was getting. It was the only thing holding us back.

No, Bledsoe's lack of pocket presence and statuesque style made his OL look worse than it was.

Some QB's make an OL better. Brady had it. Haven't seen it much from Mac. Zappe sure is showing signs of IT. Still early, but his pocket presence has looked a lot better than Mac's.
Yeah I agree with you… I feel like going back and watching the Miami and Baltimore games again to see if the pressure on Mac is actually that much worse or if he’s just getting antsy.

Tbh Mac pocket presence is terrible this season. The number of sacks he tooks and Mac did have time , but had terrible throws as well. The OL was not that bad for mac as well. Mac has been regressing for 8 games now starting from last December .

I wouldn't state that Mac job is super safe..

Not the prettiest of wins, but I'll take it...that's two in a row and we're now on a roll!!!!! Who's coming aboard???? This bus is going to start rolling!!!!!

Our defense played well, Tyquan is impressive and we're back to 500!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the GOAT coach for tying George Halas for 2nd most all time wins!!!

Hoping. the injuries aren't serious, but it's really nice to get back to back wins!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!
Absolutely agree, gritty win.. love having this QB dilemma. The AFC east isn't the AFC least anymore. Jets are definitely for real.. We showed some patriots pride.. Going on the road.. however I'm concerned with the injuries especially on D.. hope barmore is ok.. we need him.. especially with guy down..

Thornton this kids a burner, serious speed.. love what he can potentially do for us.. I want mac back at 100 percent! In my mind I never looked at BZ overtaking Macs job.. this time off all be it for injury I feel was good for Mac.. any success we are to have Going for all starts with Mac..

Like to hear your thoughts

It's only 1 game, but Zappe played very, very well today. IMO if he plays this well next week he is the starting QB. And he should be- because if he does it, he earned it.
Zappe has been playing from in front mostly. See what happens if down 10-14 points.

Zappe has been playing from in front mostly. See what happens if down 10-14 points.
That’s a good point as well.

Man, you have to really hand it to the Pat’s D, holding maybe the best RB in football to 56 yards.
Could not be happier to be wrong. I honestly did not see this performance coming. And even better it was both inside and outside run defense.

Well played Pats D. Well played.

Not sure WTF happened with Wynn. Maybe he's POed at being moved to RT, but he's regressed so much it's ridiculous. The only concern I have with trading him is that the Pats don't currently have an adequate LT replacement for Trent Brown unless they kick Strange out to LT. In fact, the roster is LIGHT at Tackle currently with Cajuste on IR.

Maybe it's as simple as playing a position he's never played, not adjusting well, and losing confidence on top of it. I remember in the 90s when Kevin Gogan switched guard positions from one side to the other he said it was actually really difficult.

Not the prettiest of wins, but I'll take it...that's two in a row and we're now on a roll!!!!! Who's coming aboard???? This bus is going to start rolling!!!!!

Our defense played well, Tyquan is impressive and we're back to 500!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the GOAT coach for tying George Halas for 2nd most all time wins!!!

Hoping. the injuries aren't serious, but it's really nice to get back to back wins!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!
Ashley you really need to show more enthusiasm.

I see some of you have come around. Others are still blind to what everyone else can see. No worries, Bill can see it and will do the right thing. He'll let Mac get some more rest until he's 100% healthy. :whistle:

Mac is not his prize QB, He was the last of the top 5 there when it was his turn to pick.
1st round QBs start and play.
Ben
Mac
Mannings
Allen
Wentz

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back