PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen reminds me of Drew Bledsoe right now.

Big, cannon arm, can make the prettiest throw and then throw it to the pretzel vendor.

offense finally looked cohesive. Brady got protection and we ran the ball well. it all seems to start with the run game. It opens up everything.
Against a REALLY good defense. A good win against an excellent team. Buffalo is the only good team our Pats beat all year. But if the Pats can play like this in the playoffs, they will be dangerous. Defense has to play well all playoffs.

if you knew the outcome why watch it. seems like i got it right.... insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. pats fans “you know you’re gonna lose”. me: you’re right and i predicted at pats win, why would i watch it? the mega cruise ships on smithsonian was quite good. they were in the south pacific and one of the ships was $10,000/person
You missed a great game. It was a one score game that could easily been tied up or even won had Allen not missed Knox twice in the end zone. Both teams were very physical & wanted it bad. NEP came out on top.

Allen certainly wasn't great but looked a lot better then I thought. Both in terms of his footwork & decision making. Made a few great passes that only 3-5 guys are able to make. He's a 2nd year project that improved in his 2nd year. That's huge for someone like him.

If someone told you he'd be the 2nd best QB out of that class I think you'd take that every time. Long way to go but that's the process.

after the past week, using the ignore feature to skim down the people i’m interested in talking with, posting in this topic will expedite trimming that list down quickly, i’ve hit ignore on like 15 so far. there’s quite a few people here who are really enjoyable to converse with especially when the noise gets filtered out. Shaw66 on 2billsdrive is one of the few people i enjoy talking football with. plus people on 2bd can’t figure out how to post in a single topic about a single topic. the game was predictable. new england clearly wanted this game, had good run schemes and buffalo was over perusing, miss tackling and ne just bulled there way down for 7. it was over before even started. ne prepared better, was ready to execute better, and showed more will. I wasn’t going to sit there and watch them muscle my team for hours in end. Ive seen this before. same bills. same pats.
I guess hope does not spring eternal.

Weird that with so much hype going around the nfl in digital media this actually bothers Breer’s delicate sensibilities.

Be careful, he might urinate on you in public...

Given the choice I’d rather go for home field throughout. Get the week of rest no matter what.
The offense was finally in sync today.
Now people want to sit Brady and Edelman so they take the field in the playoffs not having played football for 3 weeks. :rolleyes:
It’s like we think it’s a computer game.

Last edited:
That was alot closer than it should have been but I'll gladly take a W and stay in control of the 2 seed. I feel like this team still hasn't played its best football and that's a good thing, but they showed alot of encouraging things to me in areas of concern:

-We can rely on Folk, he's been outstanding and this was his best kick yet
-Line did well overall passing and running, haven't run this well since last postseason
-Brady is Brady, that elbow looks fine.
-Edelman still very effective despite the injury, he's not 100% but he looks much improved from last week and soon will have at least a 2 week rest
-Harry did great in the first half, he conntinues to improve weekly. Lacosse had another nice grab
-Burkhead is running much better this year, the fumble was bad but the extra effort on the 3rd down and TD run were incredible plays. I was suprised at Harris not getting action this year but I can see why

Negatives were the sloppiness: Drive killing penalties, fumble / turnover on downs near midfield , 2 chunk plays leading to TD's. Cannon's injury. And Sanu still a big disappointment. All that said if we can play a little cleaner and win or stay even on turnovers I could see us coming out in the 2nd round like last year vs. SD, then could very well go into Baltimore and knock them off too. As long as Brady and Edelman are healthy when it matters we have a shot.

Pats dominated and should have won by 3 scores.

Except for two penalties...the questionable call on Julian and the one that reversed the big gain...the Patriots actually dominated the Bills on Offense.

I am, for the first time in many weeks, quite optimistic about this team.

Weird that with so much hype going around the nfl in digital media this actually bothers Breer’s delicate sensibilities.

After his AirPod take earlier this week, are we sure Al’s old man hasn’t stolen his twitter credentials?

I posted earlier that Brady a good game.

He had a better game than previously.

Bring on Miami.

Just going by the eye test, I think this is the best game the OL has had in quite a while.

This defense is as good in terms of talent as those Legion of Boom Seahawks teams (and Gilmore is arguably better than prime Sherman), but the coaching is much better. It's an historically good defense.

Shaq Mason is back in top form and the running game is correspondingly good again.

Wynn and Harry both belatedly look like worthy 1st rounders.

Meyers might be better than Sanu at this point. The rookie receivers have promise.

This team can win the Super Bowl but it will be ugly. That's fine. Last year's Super Bowl was the ugliest game ever.

Wouldn't shock me to see the Bills in the AFCCG this year. Allen is good. His accuracy still isn't quite there.

Fun fact: Current 49ers DC, Robert Saleh, was the DC and brains behind the Legion of Boom.

That historic defense curb stomped Manning's face into grass. Wish I was able to watch that game. Had to work that Sunday. It's just one of those things we have never achieved, sadly. Fortunately for us, Brady dismantled that defense in SB XLIX :rolleyes:. That Seahawks team was never the same.

Two questions;

a.) On the Bills' 1st TD, there seemed to be confusion regarding which OL-man declared as eligible. BB seemed furious. Does anyone have any further details?

b.) On the Edelman pick play penalty...it was called because Edelman "protected himself" by brining his arms up/outward???

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes