PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat Arizona

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Extend Uche now before he gets out of our price range??

He's already out of range. Double digit sack seasons get PAID whether it's a good contract or not. Just gotta enjoy his play while we can.

They really did focus at adding speed on offense and I love that,
The play of Strong and Harris will make it impossible to keep Damien Harris.
The trio of Bourne Thornton and I hope Marcus Jones learning more routes is the most explosive offense we can field right now.
We are one dynamic receiver away.

I really truly honestly believe Meyers holds this offense back with his lack of big play ability.

I would let him walk. Or franchise with the intent to trade if a team is so willing.

We need a sultan in the slot another deep threat like Thornton but most importantly new O line the whole way across the Board.
Maybe Strange can develop and stay but that’s it so far.
Connor McDermott hasn’t been a bad pickup.

To me the draft is O line, safety, receiver, unless you don’t think Mac or Bailey is the guy.

Then you do everything to find a franchise QB.
Yeah, at this point I kind of agree - Meyers is very reliable but has a bit of a ceiling and he’s not worth the price he is about to command in all likelihood. Stay in touch on what offers he gets but probably let him walk and go forward with Thornton, Parker and Bourne in 2023. See if you can get Nixon going next year and/or draft another guy - there’s not a lot out there in the free agent class at receiver.

I would probably try to keep Jon Jones at CB since he’s not gonna command CB1 money but plays a really valuable role. Beyond that, yeah, draft and free agency dollars towards OL first and free safety second.

Last 3 drafts have yielded Kyle Dugger, Josh Uche, Mike Onwenu, Anfernee Jennings, Mac Jones, Christian Barmore, Rhamondre Stevenson, Cole Strange, Tyquan Thornton, Marcus Jones, Jack Jones, Bailey Zappe, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris. That's 14 players that help us in one way or another.

Not sure any of them will ever make the Pro Bowl, BUT I can easily see Dugger, Uche, Onwenu, Barmore, Rham, Cole Strange making it at some point. Who knows about Tyquan, Marcus & Jack? They may make it, you never know.

Then there are some players we won't know about for awhile: Roberts, Hines, McGrone, Bledsoe, Nixon.

The second half is how I thought the whole game would go.

Yeah, at this point I kind of agree - Meyers is very reliable but has a bit of a ceiling and he’s not worth the price he is about to command in all likelihood. Stay in touch on what offers he gets but probably let him walk and go forward with Thornton, Parker and Bourne in 2023. See if you can get Nixon going next year and/or draft another guy - there’s not a lot out there in the free agent class at receiver.

I would probably try to keep Jon Jones at CB since he’s not gonna command CB1 money but plays a really valuable role. Beyond that, yeah, draft and free agency dollars towards OL first and free safety second.
There are no good tackles available in FA.

I would pay for an LB like Tremaine Edmunds #1 before doing anything else.

Things I liked this game
1. The receiver bubble screens when the cards showed blitz. Earlier in the year they would have called a 3 step drop Macs first read would have been covered and it would have been a sack.
2. Uche and Judon causing havoc off the edges. Against running QBs Steve B. has called too much contain/mush rushes and then sometimes even drops Judon in coverage. Today they didn’t overthink things let our rushers pin their ears back and just got after it. They need to do this going forward even if it results in giving up qb scrambles.
3. The rookie skill players. Pierre Strong showing his home run speed. Marcus Jones playing in all 3 phases, especially that huge hit he made on the TE and using him in motion on offense. Kevin Harris looking strong and shifty. Thornton being involved in the offense with 5 targets which might be a career high.

Just an FYI - things will probably go down for about 2-3 minutes around 12:15am ET as I don't think the back-up time has been adjusted yet. So if it sticks, don't keep hitting refresh. Just wait and it'll come back up once it finishes.

It goes down about 12:15AM every night for about 5 min.

Judon, Uche, Wise and Barmore can disrupt the high flying offenses like Buffalo and KC enough for our offense to have a chance in the playoffs.
For research purposes, care to share what strain gives you such great optimism. Purple Haze, Sour Diesel whatever it takes I want to get on your level.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back