PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat Arizona

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

job done, still more questions than answers. let's not forget this was a win vs a backup QB. but a win is a win. now the job is to somehow grab that #6 seen and avoid a trip to Buffalo/KC

Between Strong and Thornton, with a sprinkling of Marcus Jones, the team has speed on offense for the next several years… Just need the OL to allow them to unlock that speed.
They really did focus at adding speed on offense and I love that,
The play of Strong and Harris will make it impossible to keep Damien Harris.
The trio of Bourne Thornton and I hope Marcus Jones learning more routes is the most explosive offense we can field right now.
We are one dynamic receiver away.

I really truly honestly believe Meyers holds this offense back with his lack of big play ability.

I would let him walk. Or franchise with the intent to trade if a team is so willing.

We need a sultan in the slot another deep threat like Thornton but most importantly new O line the whole way across the Board.
Maybe Strange can develop and stay but that’s it so far.
Connor McDermott hasn’t been a bad pickup.

To me the draft is O line, safety, receiver, unless you don’t think Mac or Bailey is the guy.

Then you do everything to find a franchise QB.

I would love to see them give a try with a new look offense for a game, play Strong and Kevin Harris at RB, Thornton, Bourne, Marcus Jones at WR and see how they click.

The game is over and the Pats are still throwing screens...somehow.

That's how they get to the bus after games, Patricia decided to put it in the playbook.

The last time barmore played the pats destroyed the lions & browns OLs. Judon, uche, barmore & wise will be a problem.

I've seen enough the last two games. Marcus Jones is a starting caliber CB & should be out there. They hit on two rookie CBs.

This team is tough is to analyze. The offensive mess may sink their season but the defense at full strength is impressive & they have plenty of upside moving forward.

Not giving up yet. There may not be a better trio up front than judon, uche & barmore. It's worth seeing what they can do down the stretch before saying they have no chance vs. the bengals, dolphins, etc.
Can we become the broncos of 2015 down the stretch and defense carries Mac and OLine completely

Just an FYI - things will probably go down for about 2-3 minutes around 12:15am ET as I don't think the back-up time has been adjusted yet. So if it sticks, don't keep hitting refresh. Just wait and it'll come back up once it finishes.

I agree but I would say Mac looked a lot better throughout the 2nd half. Nice to see Mac stitch together a whole half. Maybe he can continue to improve his pocket presence.
His pocket presence seemed a lot better as the game went on. Obviously a lot of quick passes, but for the ones which weren’t, he stood tall for the most part.

We needed this win!!!! Josh Uche, Matt Judon and company played great!!!

Mac made some nice throws, still need to play better going forward. I'll take the win though!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!
Extend Uche now before he gets out of our price range??

Extend Uche now before he gets out of our price range??
So how does that work we think your so good we dont want to pay you but we want add years?

He had some zip on the ball tonight and was moving around in the pocket much better. Of course it was against the worst defense in the league.

I am not sure best or worse defense dictates how Mac shuffles in the pocket. Even with pressure a lot of QBs still look OK working the pocket. Mac hasn't. The 2nd half today he did look OK, even on the bad plays, shuffling around the pocket. First time this season in my opinion.

Last edited:
Agreed. Let's hope this Oline can improve. Maybe Wynn can return? I know. Never thought I would forward to a Wynn return.
Who??
Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back