PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Patriots Beat The Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice start with plenty to talk about. Hard not to walk away from this one feeling pretty good about the upcoming season, pending some injury news after seeing LaCosse get hurt, etc.

I'm officially on the trade Dawson train. Time to try to recoup what they can. Maybe get a 5th?

ISYACaR.jpg

Good stuff. It’s only preseason game 1, but it’s nice to see positive reports from practice translate to on the field success in the case of Meyers and several others. We’re on to Tennessee.

Harry looked great, myers looked great, barrios played great, stidham played very well. So didcollins, wino, rivers etc. very good start to the season. One thing i noticed about stidham was that he seems to have to wind up or **** the ball behind his head , unlike brady who is much smoother, he doesn't seem to have to do what stidham does to get the same velocity. that being said he throw the ball really well, right on the button most of the time. So brady is quicker in releasing the ball. For his first game he showed a lot of poise under pressure.

Last edited:
I'm officially on the trade Dawson train. Time to try to recoup what they can. Maybe get a 5th?

If Duke Johnson only gets a 4th I have no idea how we'd get a 5th for DD.

They should have had more sacks in the second half.

Wow. Other than a cringeworthy opening song to open the broadcast, we looked damn good. I can’t think of anyone who played badly. Both Hoyer and Stidham looked sharp. Tough decision if we can only keep one. Young receivers looked good too, as did the linebackers. Great start to the year!

Reminds me of the first preseason game of the 2011 season when the D suddenly felt much faster and more aggressive than the the year before. There were several posts about it.

I think this is a better D, though. Especially if Andre Carter doesn’t get hurt again.

Cut everybody :D

Granted it was the first preseason game, but I was encouraged by what I saw both offensively/defensively (minus the penalties). Meyers is a stud & Jarrett Stud-arm’s future is bright. Lastly, this D will be top 3-5 this year.

Last edited:
Wow. Other than a cringeworthy opening song to open the broadcast, we looked damn good. I can’t think of anyone who played badly. Both Hoyer and Stidham looked sharp. Tough decision if we can only keep one. Young receivers looked good too, as did the linebackers. Great start to the year!
Etling was out there looking like he's never played a down of receiver in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes