- PATSFANS.COM HOME
- LATEST ENTRIES
- LOCAL PATRIOTS NEWSFEED
- PATRIOTS SCHEDULE
- NFL SCHEDULE
- NFL NEWS
I was at work and missed the game so can someone tell me why Gost and Dawson got thumbs down from Reiss - or should I guess? Missed field goal(s) and burned for receptions/TDs?
Huge if here. Huge.
IF Stidham turns out to be good, you guys on the side of:
2019: Brady, Hoyer, Stidham.
2020: Brady, Stidham
2021: Stidham becomes our qb
Again, big if and I want to ride Brady two more seasons.
Wow. Other than a cringeworthy opening song to open the broadcast, we looked damn good. I can’t think of anyone who played badly. Both Hoyer and Stidham looked sharp. Tough decision if we can only keep one. Young receivers looked good too, as did the linebackers. Great start to the year!
I watched the Detroit broadcast game live via nfl game pass. Those nitwit Detroit commentators knew absolutely nothing about the Patriots players. It’s just preseason, but these guys weren’t even talking about the game.
How did the sacks from Rivers look? Meaning, what happened on the play?Didn't see the entire game. In fact I missed most of the first half, but saw most of the 2nd and all the post game highlights.
1. I know Berrios had a productive game, but to my eyes, #9 Olesheski looked more sudden both on routes and in PR's. Anyone else get that? If I were going to invest time in developing a #5 or 6 receiver, right now I think I put my efforts into Gunner.
2. Harris made some good catches, but on those 2 long passes (both of which should have been PI's) he should have caught at least one of them. BTW- those 2 both great deep throws by Stidham
3. LaCosse gave me some hope for the TE position, and then of course he got hurt.
4. I would have preferred to see Skipper go up against TFlowers, but whoever he did go up against, he seemed to have done at least a decent job.
5. While the OL seemed to be pretty good against the pass rush, it didn't seem to open up any great holes on the run. Especially
6. The defense, which for the most part were back ups and never were's, was AWESOME. Maybe it was just how bad the Lions OL was, but it was pretty impressive all game. So many tough cuts to be made later on.
7 Obi and Brooks didn't make any "impact plays" but they were solid, and didn't look out of place. Almost every completion the Lions made was highly competitive.
8. Winovich, Rivers, and Simon all stood out to me. Collings is going to be a monster. I look for BB to go back to some of the schemes he used to unleash LT back in the day. BTW most of those sacks looked like they were all team generated, meaning one guy forcing the QB into another guy.
9. Danny Shelton made 2 nice plays on the first 2 runs of the game.
10. Looking back on the Lions poor game, I can't help but remember back in 2003 the Pats had a PS game vs Cincinnati They were down 30-0 at half time.....and we all know how that season turned out
11. Stidham was the real eye opener for me. Forget the obvious arm talent. He seems to be processing the field much faster now than he did earlier. His poise in the pocket was what stood out to me. Granted the protection was generally very good, but it still was something to work on.
12. BTW- Hoyer was slinging it pretty well as well. Given how well the D is playing, Hoyer could win 2 of 3 games for us in a pinch. Don't forget he once won 8 games for the Browns.....and that was before every player on the Browns was on pace to get into the HOF. (hey just repeating what I'm hearing)