PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD - Patriots Beat Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all do respect, top end speed isn’t a true sign of someone getting slow. It’s Burst, it’s things like hip tightness, ability to start and stop. It’s those that he hasn’t looked the same.

Please point out some plays where he looked visibly slower than last year or two years ago in any of this criteria.

Not trying to be a dink here but would love to finally see those plays people post about where he looks like he lost a step relative to the recent past.

You put DMac into the role as FS that earned him the big contract instead of using him as matchup chess piece and good things happen.

Gordon didn't look like ****, had separation vs White on that first deep pass but was expecting it to his outside shoulder but it came inside and was a hard (and failed) adjust.

I wondered about converting Malcom Butler to a safety as a way to salvage/cater to what I saw as his strengths but this was before his payday with the Titans.

I've noticed in some threads the little bluebird icon of Twitter. How does one go about opening the tweet to see its significance to the context of the thread?

Please point out some plays where he looked visibly slower than last year or two years ago in any of this criteria.

Not trying to be a dink here but would love to finally see those plays people post about where he looks like he lost a step relative to the recent past.

I’m not trying to be some douche, and nor do I have the time to pin point the several I’ve seen. If my memory serves correct he just got out right, out foot ran to the back of the end zone in a recent game. He didn’t even hesitate much, he just looked like he had lead boots on when he tried to pick up speed/accelerate (which he eventually did) but it was at the break where the pass catcher created the separation.

I remember seeing another one where he took an angle running at a fast pace, and his hips just looked so stiff, you could tell he was trying to turn up field but the angle in which he was able to do so looked like a player who is beginning to age.

You know, it may take some players longer to get in game shape etc etc, and I can only hope he is the Dmac we’ve come used to. However I’m just sharing my observations

you'd have cut Ronnie Lott after his third season with the Niners.McCourty KNOWS how to play in this defense...just like Rodney did when he was a turtle slow safety.

I’m not saying I want to cut Dmac

I’m just thinking he isn’t worth the money he is being paid next season.

I’d say he’s worth about 2/3 of that, especially considering the drop in APY for the safety market.

And if he doesn’t want to agree, then I think we should part way‘s. I would love to have him on the team for 6/7 mil

Let’s hope coming next offseason I’m wrong about this all.

Good luck.

Not to put the defense down but consider what they were playing against.

Go Pats

What could ever be pretty in buffalo?

You can’t even go there and win and feel good. It’s as if both lost

It's a win, ugly win. Moving on:

We are on to GB. Rodgers vs Brady.

Go Pats

No such thing as an "ugly" win. No matter how it looks to YOU, a win is a win...especially when one team is at home playing THEIR "super bowl" and the other team is undermanned at skill positions and just wants to get out of there without further damage. You tell ME what fanbase packs its stadium to the gills, is going beserk all night long in cold and bitter wind and brings bildos and other objects to hurl on the field for a REGULAR season contest when they are OUT OF IT.
I was pleasantly surprised the Patriots played THEIR game despite the dirty hits, the noise, the wind and the cold. The Bills LOST their "super bowl". They play the Bears next. Expect them to get flattened showing no energy and little heart. Their season ended last night.

I’m not trying to be some douche, and nor do I have the time to pin point the several I’ve seen. If my memory serves correct he just got out right, out foot ran to the back of the end zone in a recent game. He didn’t even hesitate much, he just looked like he had lead boots on when he tried to pick up speed/accelerate (which he eventually did) but it was at the break where the pass catcher created the separation.

I remember seeing another one where he took an angle running at a fast pace, and his hips just looked so stiff, you could tell he was trying to turn up field but the angle in which he was able to do so looked like a player who is beginning to age.

You know, it may take some players longer to get in game shape etc etc, and I can only hope he is the Dmac we’ve come used to. However I’m just sharing my observations

Oh I am not claiming you are just "seeing things" but I just can't find any good examples where he looks like he slowed down significantly.

He never has been a "quick" player so if he gets out leveraged without help to the side of the leverage (whether that's the sideline, another player, poor route running or a bad throw) he usually will get beat. And a lot of the plays he gave up in the past 4 games were on situations where he never had a great chance to make a play anyway.

On the other hand whenever he gets to play deep and use his speed and range to flow towards the ball he looks pretty good. I wish we could make a move to use him more often in his most impactful position and have someone else take over being the chess piece. But that is a tall order.

Oh I am not claiming you are just "seeing things" but I just can't find any good examples where he looks like he slowed down significantly.

He never has been a "quick" player so if he gets out leveraged without help to the side of the leverage (whether that's the sideline, another player, poor route running or a bad throw) he usually will get beat. And a lot of the plays he gave up in the past 4 games were on situations where he never had a great chance to make a play anyway.

On the other hand whenever he gets to play deep and use his speed and range to flow towards the ball he looks pretty good. I wish we could make a move to use him more often in his most impactful position and have someone else take over being the chess piece. But that is a tall order.
The hindsight bias is the inclination to see events that have already occurred as being more predictable than they were before they took place. For example, after a situation occurs for the first time, you begin to notice it when it reoccurs and therefore because you have now experienced it, it's more readily available in your consciousness and you pull information and predict aspects of the future because of this and think that you "knew it all along."

No such thing as an "ugly" win. No matter how it looks to YOU, a win is a win...especially when one team is at home playing THEIR "super bowl" and the other team is undermanned at skill positions and just wants to get out of there without further damage. You tell ME what fanbase packs its stadium to the gills, is going beserk all night long in cold and bitter wind and brings bildos and other objects to hurl on the field for a REGULAR season contest when they are OUT OF IT.
I was pleasantly surprised the Patriots played THEIR game despite the dirty hits, the noise, the wind and the cold. The Bills LOST their "super bowl". They play the Bears next. Expect them to get flattened showing no energy and little heart. Their season ended last night.
Their season ended before Week 1.

Good to see NE get out of there with a win.

Not thrilled with Brady's game, though. Could easily have had a few more picks (and what was he thinking with that lame duck floater to White in the right flat -- got lucky there). And some off-target throws even when not pressured. Perhaps the most egregious one of those was when White was open at the goal line for a likely TD and an unpressured Brady threw it about 5 feet short.

In any event, the whole team better kick it up a notch for next week.

I think the defender was closing quickly on White, so Brady basically threw the ball away rather than risk a turnover. He may have been able to zip it in there, but I think he put it low on purpose. I'll have to watch again.

In the past it’s been cool playing Sunday and Monday night games. Used to be an honor, now it feels like a punishment.

However, for the short term, I’d prefer getting shafted by the NFL scheduling committee and them keeping us off of the espn Monday night football. I know we say this more often than we should, but this crew of analysts, commentators has got to be the worst I’ve seen, ever. Mute is your friend.

what I didn't understand (other than typical bills offensive offensive coaching) was using cutedime25 when Chris Ivory was getting pretty big chunks of yards. The offensive can usually get an initial block for someone like Ivory to hit a gap, but they're incapable of anything other than a momentary success. I think the game is a lot closer if Ivory runs the ball instead and dumboll doesn't try to be cute, although it was entertaining for once. McCoy's only asset on the field at this time is catching the ball, Ivory should be the running back, but dumboll is as useless as peterman.

as a bills fan, every time we think we've seen the worst offense they re-write the book on it, just amazing to watch such ineptitude... they botched the QB draft, botched the analysis on peterman, traded away mccarron FFS it's as if they intentionally wanted to lose for eternity.

at least the defense is playing for pride I guess, while cutedime runs around the backfield stutter stepping into linemen and the goon at WR stands cross eyed incapabable of doing his only job, winning 1 on 1 coverage.

whatever, another year of futility, sabres play tonight.
i wouldn't be surprised if Ivory becomes a patriot today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes