PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD - Patriots Beat Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I didn't understand (other than typical bills offensive offensive coaching) was using cutedime25 when Chris Ivory was getting pretty big chunks of yards. The offensive can usually get an initial block for someone like Ivory to hit a gap, but they're incapable of anything other than a momentary success. I think the game is a lot closer if Ivory runs the ball instead and dumboll doesn't try to be cute, although it was entertaining for once. McCoy's only asset on the field at this time is catching the ball, Ivory should be the running back, but dumboll is as useless as peterman.

I think your coaching staff knew that their best bet to score in this game would be to hit a homerun and McCoy is a bigger threat to just make a play than Ivory. The overall running stats of your team might have looked better with Ivory but I am not sure it would have really increased the chances to pull an upset.

No such thing as an "ugly" win. No matter how it looks to YOU, a win is a win...especially when one team is at home playing THEIR "super bowl" and the other team is undermanned at skill positions and just wants to get out of there without further damage. You tell ME what fanbase packs its stadium to the gills, is going beserk all night long in cold and bitter wind and brings bildos and other objects to hurl on the field for a REGULAR season contest when they are OUT OF IT.
I was pleasantly surprised the Patriots played THEIR game despite the dirty hits, the noise, the wind and the cold. The Bills LOST their "super bowl". They play the Bears next. Expect them to get flattened showing no energy and little heart. Their season ended last night.

I've been to a lot Bills games against a myriad of teams and quite a few at Gillette. It's like that every week at New Era and has been since I can remember, until the last game or two of the season and we're still usually pretty loud then too. Most of us do not see it as a super bowl despite each teams fans coming there thinking they're being treated that way by fans by the noise. The organization and team suck, but the fans are almost always all in.

Not to put the defense down but consider what they were playing against.

Go Pats

IDK. The defense did what a good defense should do against an offense like the Bill's put on the field last night. Sure, a "great defense" probably would've posted a shutout and forced a couple more turnovers. And a "great defense" is a wonderful thing to have.

However, the Pats just need one that's "good enough". Last night's defense was pretty close, and I think it's getting better.

As much as I bang on this defense and McCourty, look if the defense scores as many points as they let up, that is a great performance. Still they were playing against a QB that had 6 practices and no training camp, unless you count practicing golf.

I thought Van Noy played the game of his life, and Flowers was everywhere. Hopefully Hightower was just being rested and they can pick up some help for them today.

IDK. The defense did what a good defense should do against an offense like the Bill's put on the field last night. Sure, a "great defense" probably would've posted a shutout and forced a couple more turnovers. And a "great defense" is a wonderful thing to have.

However, the Pats just need one that's "good enough". Last night's defense was pretty close, and I think it's getting better.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think I was responding to someone that thought the Defense was great and improved. While I, like you, felt it was good enough to win against a team like Buffalo, IMO it wasn't outstanding last night. IMO nothing was outstanding about the Pats last night, but they won. If they play that way against GB who isn't play great, they will lose IMO.

Edelman through 4 games:

25 receptions 251 yards 2 touchdowns

A torn ACL at age 32 would do alot of WRs in. While he may not look quite as quick on those short option routes he’s been more or less the same player since coming back from injury.

anytime that dude on the sideline started talking all i could think was that it was an snl skit with this guy:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think I was responding to someone that thought the Defense was great and improved. While I, like you, felt it was good enough to win against a team like Buffalo, IMO it wasn't outstanding last night. IMO nothing was outstanding about the Pats last night, but they won. If they play that way against GB who isn't play great, they will lose IMO.
I’m fairly certain they’ll have a different game plan on offense and defense vs Green Bay.

Sloppy win but still a win. It makes me happy all the time when we beat a divisional rival. Happily it is not figure skating because grades for the style would not be impressive.

Edelman through 4 games:

25 receptions 251 yards 2 touchdowns

A torn ACL at age 32 would do alot of WRs in. While he may not look quite as quick on those short option routes he’s been more or less the same player since coming back from injury.

He looks like he's still coming back from it to me. It'll sometimes take 6+ games for a skill position player to fully get back to where he was prior to an ACL.

He looks like he's still coming back from it to me. It'll sometimes take 6+ games for a skill position player to fully get back to where he was prior to an ACL.
Yup, physically he’s still getting there. Gotta love that the same old feistiness and desire is there though.

Eh its a win in Buffalo, in most cases those have been wierd and sometimes tough games for the pats.

can we trade for Chris Ivory... ;)

I had more than a few adult beverages last night, so I don't recall the play where Shaq got hurt. Did the injury look bad?

As much as I bang on this defense and McCourty, look if the defense scores as many points as they let up, that is a great performance. Still they were playing against a QB that had 6 practices and no training camp, unless you count practicing golf.

I thought Van Noy played the game of his life, and Flowers was everywhere. Hopefully Hightower was just being rested and they can pick up some help for them today.
You can't hide behind such excuses. If DA wasn't up to the challenge, then he shouldn't have suited up. Can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes