PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that people will be pissing and moaning about the offense, but the defense allowed 17 second half points to that Dolphins team.
Agree...and even though it was yugly, the O did hand them the lead with ball on the Fin 25 and less than four minutes to go...one stop and game over...but they couldn't get off the field against a "journeyman" QB from freakin' Harvard...

I agree with everything here except the “wasting another Brady year”

we’ve won SIX Super Bowls. Come on.

Yeah. And could have more. This season was piss poor roster management on offense and it left Brady with one reliable person to throw to, who got hurt because of the volume of passes he was getting.

We traded Demaryuis Thomas and kept Dorsett, who is one of those pygmy WR's who has a couple good catches a year and manages to hang on to our team. Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep a big guy like DT to help train up Harry? We keep Dorsett and he ends up being garbage since week, I don't know. 2?

I must have missed the sequence where they took the knee 3x then.

They obviously tried to make something happen and to catch the Dolphins with a draw in a situation that screamed pass but they were prepared.

That was the end of the drive for obvious reasons. You can disagree with the approach all you want but nobody screwed up anything. This was a calculated decision and it didn't pay off.

That draw play was effectively a knee. I think that is obvious

In what world doesnt this make sense ? I must have missed the kneel downs before half. They tried to catch the Dolphins with a draw, they were prepared and made it a negative play which meant you will have to throw which in turn stops the clock on an incompletion and gives Miami another shot.

They did everything by the book given the ball was theirs after the break. Just breathe out and think it through.

I disagree. What made anyone think a draw would work there? Miami wasn’t overpersuing.

With 1:40 and two timeouts remaining, they would have had time and options. The offense had just finished an 82 yard touchdown drive to tie the game. The defense got a stop. Momentum was shifting and THAT’S your plan??

The entire game felt like BB was playing not to lose and this decision was another example of that. Both halves ended with the Patriots playing not to lose.

Having two timeouts after calling a timeout at 1:50 or 1:45 whatever it was is plenty of time to get a FG. There’s zero excuse. This same fanbase would laugh at other organizations for pulling that **** against the Patriots because they’d be playing not to lose. That’s what the Patriots did. Plain and simple.

1.) Brady missed on 3 throws to Harry
2.) BB and BB jr. refused to change the defensive game plan
3.) The team didn’t have much intensity today

Got exactly what they deserved. This team and their coaches haven’t been very good on a consistent basis this season.

An incredibly frustrating and disappointing team to watch.

All three points - bingo.

I do not know if 2020 Tom Brady will be worth $25 million.
could well be to a team trying to build or rebuild a fan base and sell Season Tickets or PSL's...i'm too tired and depressed to think who that might be at this moment...

People need to stop with the cutting Antonio Brown nonsense. The league would have suspended Brown and he wouldn't have played anyway. That is why no team has signed him cause they know he will be immediately suspended.

Obviously he’s a phenomenal coach....destroyed the Master today

He had a good day. I’d say the jury is still out on Flores after one year.

I have a feeling that after 1 game, pat fans would be screaming to have Brady back.
I try to watch as much football as I can. College/Pro. Sometimes 10+ games a week & looking at w/e highlights I can as well.

I hope we have to drag 12 off the field. People have no clue how big a drop off there is. Brady, Brees, Rodgers are outliers. NOT the norm.

Most won't survive a few weeks. Never mind a year (s). Esp the newer crowd. Its Just not in them.

When you run the clock down to a minute, then you go conservative.

I'm not critiquing the play calls AFTER they refused to call timeout. I'm critiquing them for refusing to call timeout in the first place. You have your entire playbook open at 1:50. You don't even need to run there.

It's crazy that we gave up a possession there.

I dont get the confusion about not calling timeout after the stop. Really. It made all the sense in the world to me.

You wind the clock so the opponent definitely doesnt get it back, unless you turn it over. With that danger out of the way you see if you can get something going or just go back to regroup.

And if you dont trust your offense you certainly dont throw the ball at a point where it can result in one more possession.

This loss is on defense and coaching. Fitzpatrick carved them up.
As difficult it is for me imagine the words "Fitpatrick" and "carved them up" in a sentence where the "them" refers to the Patriots...but yeah...he...umm...well...gee..."carved them up."

Having two timeouts after calling a timeout at 1:50 or 1:45 whatever it was is plenty of time to get a FG. There’s zero excuse. This same fanbase would laugh at other organizations for pulling that **** against the Patriots because they’d be playing not to lose. That’s what the Patriots did. Plain and simple.

That was gutless, plain and simple. Use a timeout and you have 1:40 to try and get some points. Killing the clock to go to halftime tied? You're practically waving the white flag right there. That's something Doug Marrone or Pat Shurmur does. I don't know where our balls went today.

Well it did work vs the Seahawks. But, yeah I didn't like it all.

Just an awful loss.

Maybe if they play the Steelers or the Raiders they will have a chance next week, otherwise they are toast.

Then the purge is coming.

I expect Brady, McCourty (both of them), Van Noy, Sanu, Burkhead, Watson, Slater, Ebner, all to walk.

Leaving the Pats with no QB, no talent, a minus a 2nd draft pick!

Yeah. And could have more. This season was piss poor roster management on offense and it left Brady with one reliable person to throw to, who got hurt because of the volume of passes he was getting.

We traded Demaryuis Thomas and kept Dorsett, who is one of those pygmy WR's who has a couple good catches a year and manages to hang on to our team. Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep a big guy like DT to help train up Harry? We keep Dorsett and he ends up being garbage since week, I don't know. 2?
You go ahead and pick another team then.

I guarantee you 100% no matter where you go, you’ll find the same kind of gripes with decision making at some point.

These aren’t AI machines out there. It’s a game of humans that have human error. Not every decision is going to be right 100% of the time.

You guys really need to start looking on the bright side. We have Patriots football in one week instead of having to wait two weeks for it. Plus, it gives the team more opportunity to practice to get things right. Everything is great.
Just read Kraft had them lose on purpose to collect an extra game worth of ticket sales, cheap pos MF.

That draw play was effectively a knee. I think that is obvious

No it wasn't. It was actually a good call that failed because the other team was prepared for it in a situation that otherwise screams pass.

For the upside go back to the Bills game last week.

I think if we destroy The Titans next week, we still have a shot. As bad as we've played we've left plenty of turnovers and scores on the field this December. The ravens game was totally winnable and they seem unstoppable right now. This could very well be like an extended Falcons SB where we didn't even have a prayer. Do I think we win the Bowl this year? No. But after 28-3 I've since then never counted us out. To win one more coming from wild card weekend would only continue the ridiculousness of some of the luck we've had dating back to 2000. Like Patton falling down unconscious and still maintaining possession for the first down, or the tuck rule game, then beating the greatest show on turf, Or Butler sealing the deal against Seattle, Or the last minute Field goals by adam against the Panthers and Eagles, or 28-3. We've seen crazier things then catching some breaks this year in the play offs and guys finally stepping up. Like everyone else,,, I can't help but to think this isn't our year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we find a way to another ring and I bet most opposing teams wouldn't either. Until we're officially out, I don't think anyone on the other side is comfortable. As much as opposing fans won't admit it, no one wants to play us. Sorry for the wall of text :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back