PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels a lot like 2015. Tons of injuries. Lost Andrews and Develin, Edelman is torn up, Brady probably hurt too. Everyone banged up.

Lost to Miami just like 2015 and pissed away a favorable playoff seed. Just not our year, probably.

If we had the same health as last year or ‘14 we have the 1 or 2 seed, easily.

I saw some of the news footage of this weeks practice and TB was shaking that elbow again

Congrats to the Chiefs, they deserve it

They don't deserve sh!t, refs gifted them the tiebreaker. Pats would have rested people this week if it wasn't for that sh!t show from the refs.

Great move by Bill giving up at the end of the 1st half with 3 timeouts...

Pats didn't call a single ****ing time out until 20 seconds left in the game.

Bill was horrible today, he basically lost the game.

Of course Brady's pick 6 hurt us. That was a big mistake.

But the Pats also could have had another score with 1:41 to go in the first half if they just call timeout after the D stopped the Dolphins on 4th down. Brady would have had nearly 2 minutes and two timeouts to add to the score. Instead they ate the football and the clock. And we end up losing by 3. Hmmm!! Too conservative BB? Looks like a mistake now.
woulda...coulda...shoulda...on everything but the pick 6...they lost by 3...the math is easy...

No, it's on Gilmore

Gilmore doesn’t choose who he covers. It’s up to the coaching staff to put him in a position to succeed. It was clear from very early on that he couldn’t handle Parker without help. They stubbornly kept him 1-on-1....he gave it his best...no lack of effort. Classic coaching gaffes (time management at end of 1st half and with no timeout with clock winding down...ending the game with basically 2 Timeouts!!) Stupid defensiveness philosophy. This was their Miami game, but this year they did it at home instead of in Miami.

People seem to forget how badly they beat up the Bengals.

team finish 12 and 4 and it had a bad game admittedly but they are far from done. Patriots ain't losing to KC again that's for damn sure.

You don't think BB is to blame with the personnel he put out on the field? NFL games in the modern era of parity are close, so you don't think that maybe trying to score at the end of the 1rst half might have made a difference?

I can agree with that, lackluster big talent and not going for it at the end of the first half. That being said, Brady was bad bad bad today.

I wonder where KVN will go eat this week, any guesses on where and who will be his surprise guest?

That int directly led to a TD. Defense gave up 20 points, Brady gifted them the other 7. Not sure what you don't understand about what you just saw.
Yes, and we also had a 4 point lead with a D that many on here have compared to the great D’s ever and we let Ryan Fitzpatrick drive the field for the win. Sorry, but they don’t get a pass for what happened.

I blame Kraft. Hate it when they show his little troll self claping like some f$%ng little gnome. He needs to be put out to pasture. Pathetic, embarrassing pos.

Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

i missed the first 3 quarters.
We’re we just outplayed?
as someone else commented earlier sometime in the second or third quarter:
"The Patriots do realize that they're playing a game today, don't they?"

Pretty awful passing performance by Brady today.I don't remember a single great pass. Whether that is his elbow or him slowing down I don't know but it is what it is.

Overthrowing Dorsett and Harry, underthrowing Edelman and almost blowing that trick play to Roberts. He has been unable to consistently put touch on his throws. The pick 6 didnt help.

The fact they couldn't get a quick pass game going against this Miami defense is pretty wild.

The defense has been living on the razors edge for a while and got caught today by a coaching staff that knew them inside out and a QB who didnt make a single mistake.

I have been saying this since the Dallas game but I hope we dont see too many of those cover 0 rushes anymore because teams come prepared for them by now. Yes, the QB might puke over himself and screw that up but the odds on them have shifted since last year's SB.

Sucks a lot to lose the BYE like that but on the plus side we get to watch a game next week. No week of waiting and whenever the ride is over it will be over.

Yea, not doubling Parker was questionable to say the least. It’s almost as if the staff hasn’t seen Miami’s offense the last 8 weeks. Parker has been phenomenal.

The Patriots are in for a complete rebuild from the ground up starting next season. Will be interesting how many 'fans' we will lose.
The lines are the main issue as well as no tight end production.

Guys, forget it, not this year, I just don't see it happening.

It's fine for me though.

Did you trust the offense to not turn the ball over? And the defense to stop Miami if/when they went 3 and out? Dolphins had all their timeouts too.

Yes

If you don't trust your team against the Phins, then what are you doing? You already failed. You essentially quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News