PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady continues to struggle in the playoffs... I'm not sure I want him back next year. Can't believe I'm saying that...
too early to cross that bridge...or even find it on the map

I blame Kraft. Hate it when they show his little troll self claping like some f$%ng little gnome. He needs to be put out to pasture. Pathetic, embarrassing pos.

Blaming Kraft for today's game is silly. If anything, this all goes back to Gronk's decision to retire late in the offseason last year, not giving us a chance to get us a real TE. His indecision led to Jared Cook going to NO, where he wanted to be the number 1 TE and not a backup.

one of worst teams and games in the Brady/BB era....welcome to Wild Card....pretty shocking end to Brsdy’s time here

Horrible game all around. Can't sugar coat this one. Our defense was bad, our offense wasn't great and now we are the number 3 seed with a home game next week. Not the way we wanted to play heading into the playoffs.

We were outplayed today, no excuses, we don't deserve to have the bye if we can't beat the dolphins.

12-4 not a bad year, but it could have been better and we're going to have to play a lot better if we plan to move on in the playoffs.

Let's discuss!!!!

We can blame Brady as much as we want, and he has a fair share of the blame (pick-6), and some bad misses, but at the end he did his job, and the offense scored a TD.

All the defense had to do is not to allow a TD, and they failed. Fitz systematically abused our defense all game long, and moved the ball at will.

This team isn't a championship material, and that's a fact we have to accept.

I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Go Pats.

Yes, and we also had a 4 point lead with a D that many on here have compared to the great D’s ever and we let Ryan Fitzpatrick drive the field for the win. Sorry, but they don’t get a pass for what happened.

Yeah the defense didn't play their best which made that 7 free points even more critical.

We just won the Super bowl the last 2 out of 3 years and finished this season 12-4, don't you think this is premature? We still have the playoffs ahead of us

Might be time to blow this up, after the inevitable upcoming playoff loss.

Still can’t believe the cut Brown, all you have to do is double Edelman and the Pats are done.

Harry is a bust, Sanu is a double bust, bets are knows that Brady leaves.

Maybe for a team that will give him some WR

Don't see how Gilmore gets DPOY after that performance.

Christopher Gasper

@cgasper

The Patriots had a streak of 23 straight regular-season games without allowing a 300-yard passer. Miami's Ryan Fitzpatrick snapped that streak, going 28 of 41 for 320 yards and the game-winning TD.

People seem to forget how badly they beat up the Bengals.

team finish 12 and 4 and it had a bad game admittedly but they are far from done. Patriots ain't losing to KC again that's for damn sure.

I’d like to join you with this optimism

Can you tell me who flies to delusional island? Can’t find tickets on Delta.com

Well, they play next week and they have no one to blame but themselves. Let’s see how resilient they are.

They can win 4 in a row, but not with today’s effort and prep.

Kudos to Brian Flores and Miami. They wanted it more and just played better.

The injuries have really hurt the team. They look slow and tired at certain positions too, so even those healthy don’t look sharp.

We’ll see how the postseason plays out but I’m about ready to move onto 2020.

What game did you watch?? Brady was absolutely HORRIBLE today. Hands down, terrible. That’s not on BB
Sorry, but BB was horrible as well. He had time a 3 timeouts at the end of the first half and ran the clock out. Gilmore was abused by Parker the whole day and BB didn’t change things up. Horrible game by BB today.

People are upset with the offense but they put them in a position to win.

The thing is that defense is really still solid but they did let them down slightly on the last drive. Have they made a stop people would be singing the praises of them.

We got killed underneath all day. Miami used it to beat C0, doubles & press all day. Mesh/Crossers killed us in so many ways. Mia/Fitz made it a point to get it quick knowing what was coming & we really never adjusted.
Fitz did a good job taking out any defenders in the mof/shallow as well. He really played well. Stood strong in the pocket, quick getting it out/release & again his eyes moved a few players.

Our DBs played uncharacteristically poor. Jones missed a big tackle which might not seem like a big deal but it's literally what separates us from other teams. We don't allow yac. Don't allow big/explosive plays. Also should have got his hands in there on a bobbled pass on that TD drive to Gesicki. Think he might have missed another big tackle as well. Gilmore was lit up all day.

Brady was up & down for the most part but everything continues to be hard. We absolutely have to lean on Harry. We need someone to emerge & he's as good as anyone rn. We saw a lil more motion helping the running game like the last few weeks so it only makes sense to play off that in any way we can. 2RB sets with Harry/11 running Hoss/Toss, slant/flat & use those to break open the mof/deep passes.

Tough tough loss. This one hurts but we're in tournament & still have Bill, Brady etc. I need some air lol.

I’ll get flamed for this, but this looks like the end of the road for Brady. He’s looked terrible for the majority of the season and worse today.
He’s had the greatest career of any QB, but I think we are seeing the end.
There’s a lack of talent on this team foe sure, but they should have beaten this Miami Team.
Sorry f you disagree and I’m sure some will, but the numbers and what you’re seeing doesn’t lie.
His. Throwing. Arm. Is. Injured.

Is this hard to comprehend?

Gilmore doesn’t choose who he covers. It’s up to the coaching staff to put him in a position to succeed. It was clear from very early on that he couldn’t handle Parker without help. They stubbornly kept him 1-on-1....he gave it his best...no lack of effort. Classic coaching gaffes (time management at end of 1st half and with no timeout with clock winding down...ending the game with basically 2 Timeouts!!) Stupid defensiveness philosophy. This was their Miami game, but this year they did it at home instead of in Miami.
Neither you nor I can comment on Gilmore's effort. Who knows. But if you take defensive players seriously, and put as much responsibility on them as you would, say, a quarterback, then the leading candidate for DPOY has to play better.

Having said that, I don't really disagree with you. It's clear he wasn't getting the job done.

Speaking of coaching, ever since the Seattle Super Bowl Belichick has apparently decided that he will NEVER call a TO at the end of the game to save time for the offense. If he had, the Pats could have tied and won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST