PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
What did Bill say about swagger?
In Michael Holley's book "Patriot Reign," the author relayed an anecdote from one Patriots team meeting back in 2002, the season after they captured their first Super Bowl title. At that point, the Patriots were 3-3, and Belichick was frustrated with his team's attention to detail. He was also fed up with some of the things he was seeing players say in the media about recapturing the attitude they had during the championship season.

"I've read a couple of comments," Belichick started. "Now, I don't spend a lot of time reading the paper. I really don't. But I do watch a little about what we say and what we think. I've seen a couple comments here, some of the players talking about we need to get our 'swagger' back. Our attitude back . . .

"You know what? We didn't have a 'swagger' last year. If you [expletive] think about it, we didn't have a swagger. What we had was a sense of urgency, a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart, and captializing on every opportunity and situation that came our way . . . It wasn't about a [expletive] swagger. You can take that swagger and shove it up your [expletive], okay?"

Pathetic

I guess they got there swagger back the next year....

Still p*ssed about the non-PI-call vs Agholor 3 and 2 in OT. It was a back shoulder throw and the face mask made it impossible for Agholor to turn to the ball.

not sure if any of you saw CEe Dee Lamb being a douche after the game...

I didn’t see him do anything wrong…was it something specific?

Still p*ssed about the non-PI-call vs Agholor 3 and 2 in OT. It was a back shoulder throw and the face mask made it impossible for Agholor to turn to the ball.

Then he should've caught the dam ball on the very first play of OT... The game might've been over right there...

not sure if any of you saw CEe Dee Lamb being a douche after the game...

I wouldn't even call that taunting. Maybe to Mills after he scored but Mills gave him a hard shove first.

I wouldn't even call that taunting. Maybe to Mills after he scored but Mills gave him a hard shove first.

I thought my tablet was screwed up or something because it seems like the audio is on loop. He keeps saying the same things in the same tone. Weird.

Mills shoved him because Lamb was dancing his way to the endzone. It was a mild shove at that. What Lamb did was definitely a flag with the new rules but I'm not sure how that works when the game is over. It's not a big deal and we aren't in a position to make the playoffs and hand out pay back if we met it in the SB. The Cowboys looked like they just won the SB. Let them enjoy it I guess, douches.

I would trade Harry for anything, so I would welcome Isabella in a patriots uniform. I do think Bourne can play the slot. Get rid of Nelson, find a Quality outside WR to pair with Meyers and roll with Bourne and Henry on the inside.
Get rid of Nelson and eat $5million....

This place just kills me.

I didn’t see him do anything wrong…was it something specific?

Mills shoved him because Lamb was dancing his way to the endzone. It was a mild shove at that. What Lamb did was definitely a flag with the new rules but I'm not sure how that works when the game is over. It's not a big deal and we aren't in a position to make the playoffs and hand out pay back if we met it in the SB. The Cowboys looked like they just won the SB. Let them enjoy it I guess, douches.

He was being a douche to the crowd with his “thank you for coming” comments…

Yea I kept telling my father.. "well, at least they have 4 downs to work with in this OT drive"

when they called in the punt team on 4th & 3, I was just like "WTF!?!?!"... I knew the game was over right there, Dallas was having their way between the 20s all game long, including the last series where they drove down the field to tie it.
My buddies were over for our game night and we were playing/watching, then just watching...we went back to our game when the punt team came on, all five grumbling, "Close again, but nope."

Absolutely - and it was with an extended arm. How the hell was that missed?

Yeah, losing in the present moment sucks, but the season is far from over. There are 11 games left to be played. I'm not happy right now, but I'm still looking forward to watching the rest of the season and will root for the best. Like you said, I don't think they're far-off. They're not elite, but they're a good team that needs find ways to win close games.

I know this is complete copium, but if Buffalo loses tomorrow night (or any one of their remaining games), the Pats still control their own destiny in the division (as of now). There is a lot of football to be played and things will look different in 8-10 weeks. Will it be favorable for the Pats? We'll see.

2-4 is worse than 3-3, but they're not buried. I do agree that 3-3 has a much brighter hue than 2-4, but ultimately the end-all-be-all for most fans (or so I would expect) is making the postseason, which is far from out of reach. Hell, the division isn't even done yet with two games against Buffalo still in front of them, but division aside, a wild-card berth is not only possible, it's quite likely if they can find a way to win close games.

My point is that football is such a game-to-game, matchup sport. Do I think it's likely they win the division? Not at all. But we've seen runs happen, teams get hot, wacky plays/bounces of the ball, etc, and I wouldn't be shocked if New England found some traction and ended up around 9-10 wins, while Buffalo loses their magic. Would I put money on it? Nope, not for a second. Will I hold out hope they turn things around? Yeah, for sure.

Division aside, I think they have a better than 50% chance of making the postseason as a wild-card. 2-4 looks bad ... 3-3, or 4-2 would feel much better, but ultimately 2-4 is only one or two games away from 3-3/4-2, and most of the league is sitting in the 2-4 to 4-2 bracket, with 11 games left to be played. Don't need to be a mathematician to realize their goal of making the postseason is still very much in front of them.

The most important thing is that this team recovers physically and emotionally in order to avoid a letdown against the Jets. If I was Belichick, I might give them an extra day off and let them recharge. After a tough, emotional loss like this, I think it's better to err on the side of less work, more time to mentally/physically reinvigorate, than run the guys into the ground and come out flat.

You should have put money on it.

Such a great thread.

I'm a moron, wrong thread.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST