PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The two sacks were ugly, but officially those are the only two plays that the Cowboys' defensive line hit Jones. The other three hits were on secondary blitzes, two from the strong safety and one from the nickel CB.

The two sacks were ugly, but officially those are the only two plays that the Cowboys' defensive line hit Jones. The other three hits were on secondary blitzes, two from the strong safety and one from the nickel CB.
Yeah cowboys are not good on defense. I mean the giants were walking all over them until Jones got hurt and the giants offense sucks. Hard to really guage. They are a bit better this year, but they are 3rd worst in giving up yards, 5th worst at giving up passing tds. They rank lower than the Bucs who literally have no players left in the secondary in passing defense. Thank god for that diggs or it would be worse than it is.

Cardinals kinda suck at drafting Wide Receiver lately. They made up for it by trading a 2nd round pick for DeAndre Hopkins, while the Patriots traded a 2nd round pick for Mohammad Sanu
Really?
Whiffed on Isabella but they still drafted Kirk and Moore.

Cardinals kinda suck at drafting Wide Receiver lately. They made up for it by trading a 2nd round pick for DeAndre Hopkins, while the Patriots traded a 2nd round pick for Mohammad Sanu
How did Dimetroff say with a straight face that he wanted a 2nd after Hopkins was traded for this?

And how did Bill bite on this?

Last edited:
Who else saw Bentley pulling a Steve Martin jogging back into plays yesterday?

This team is in dire need of an east-west LB. Bentley is too slow.

Was at the game, and I don’t know about any else, but was getting Raven fan vibes from some of the Dallas crowd. Some real ghouls and goblins.

This is what I was *****ing about last night.

This is what I was *****ing about last night.

I mean, having the talking heads on espn agree isn't something to be proud of, but it is something. Belichick is taking a well deserved beating right now.

Not going for it was a really poor decision. Defense was gassed and we were going to be short on time if we somehow got the ball back.

Not to mention a tie was not a bad result for Dallas but, is a killer for us.

Can’t defend it. Absolutely gutless decision. I can see once or twice on those fourth and shorts but we punt every ****ing time.

Yea I kept telling my father.. "well, at least they have 4 downs to work with in this OT drive"

when they called in the punt team on 4th & 3, I was just like "WTF!?!?!"... I knew the game was over right there, Dallas was having their way between the 20s all game long, including the last series where they drove down the field to tie it.

Last edited:

The rush actually is just two because the edge players drop off.

The Cowboys had a lot of time throwing in 1st and 2nd down. Our DL looked like they played contain first instead of shooting gaps to rush the QB. Their OC definitely took advantage of that tendency. They got a lot of chunk plays in early downs.

And maybe going D in all rounds and using the $ from Hightower and McCourty for the Oline.

I wouldn't mind them going and getting a big time threat at outside WR for our young QB, either.. Agholor certainly isn't it

I guess you haven't watched the games the last 3 years because I've seen PLENTY of aggressiveness. But like any smart General, you have to pick and choose when to be aggressive. But your players have to execute. If they don't, then that's on them.

Such as Van Noy peeling off to try and get to Prescott instead of staying with his man. Prescott hit the guy that Van Noy had been covering and it went for a Dallas decent gain.
If I remember that play correctly Jones was sitting in zone with no one around him and should have moved up to take Van Noy's man.

In the aftermath of this game in which the Cowboys put up 567 yards on Bill Belichick’s defense, I heard a surprising amount of "Hey, tip your cap. That’s a helluva crew they got there." Like this was the exception not the rule. Like Davis Mills didn’t last week go 21 for 29 for 312 and three touchdowns for Houston as the Patriots narrowly survived.

The Texans lost 31-3 to the Colts on Sunday. Two weeks ago, they lost to the Bills 40-0. Against the Patriots, they went up and down the field like a real-live NFL offense.

I was also expecting to see more razzle-dazzle, especially during one of those 5 3-and-out series, when Mac was obviously still trying to clear his head and likely felt gun-shy about standing in the pocket too often... Heck we should attempt at least one flea-flicker every game; and at least one sweep/reverse every drive...
Yes. Add a tight end screen. Something. The OC is not calling the game at a high enough level.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back