PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Just got home from the game.

Had a blast.

Tough ending.

Exhausted.

I need some time to think about what is going on with this defense.

They got torched by Lamb all game. I really think they were caught unaware by what he could do. Surprising.

That being said, I had no problem with the play calls. Our second to last TD came when we blew running holes through Dallas's D. We had to keep trying.

I think Mac will be excellent soon. That being said, he is easy to gameplan against as people stick 6 DBs back there, and Dallas did. The way to counter is to throw quick short passes and get YAC. But Mac is too slow to process, as he throws late underneath, and we get little YAC.

I had no problem with the D as we did actually limit Dallas if you remove the pick-6.

I love how they paid a bunch of average at best FA’s but refused to pay Brady and many other great players.

TB12 covered up these problems with his IQ and skill set.

Brady covered BB and JM mistakes. BB can’t draft so has to try and find FA’s every year.

I do like Mac, he’s going to be great.

Yeah it looks really bad. Not a congruent strategy. Cheap out on Gilmore and Brady. Waste money extending Wynn. Splurge more than any team, $300M in FA contracts including $160M guaranteed. Sign a 2nd TE for an oc who is hell bent on spread shotgun and has no use for 12 personnel.

It's a clear pattern of an offensive staff/oc that has zero clue on evaluating talent. It all makes sense when you realize it's the same oc who thought Tim Tebow, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney were worth 1st round picks.

Jonnu is an elite YAC tight end who would kill blitzers on screen plays, who plays....FB in this offense.
Onwenu is a RT.
Trent Brown is a LT.
Why did Karras sit for 4 weeks, why did Durant play for 4 weeks.

Meyers was a 1000 yd receiver who didn't get a chance until injuries.
We definitely Fd up this offseason with the Jonnu deal. Hes fast athletic and the Titans were creative in his usage. We got enamored with visions of gronk/Hernandez part 2 but unfortunately he’s nowhere close to the player Hernandez was. (Strictly on the field)

I think the Henry deal is fine in terms of money/years. We should’ve made thuney a priority and maybe just signed a Kyle Rudolph on a cheap deal to pair with Henry if we were hell bent on incorporating the 2TE attack.

Bequette apparently gave Harry the BB blackmail photos.
SMH
It's time to give JJ Taylor another look. We need someone that has the ability to hit a home run and for the most part we haven't seen it on this team so far.
Have to disagree, not about Taylor, but Kendrick Bourne has been the biggest chunk play guy, especially in terms of YAC. If you look at all the successful Pats teams, we had a great slot receiver, Brown, Welker, Edelman, and Amendola. This team sorely needs a clutch go to guy for 3rd down, and I have been lobbying for Bourne since the Saints game. It’s time to get him the ball more!

SMH

Have to disagree, not about Taylor, but Kendrick Bourne has been the biggest chunk play guy, especially in terms of YAC. If you look at all the successful Pats teams, we had a great slot receiver, Brown, Welker, Edelman, and Amendola. This team sorely needs a clutch go to guy for 3rd down, and I have been lobbying for Bourne since the Saints game. It’s time to get him the ball more!
Yea from the games/highlights I’ve seen borne and Myers have kinda stood out.

I know people have written off the season, but I still think the Pats have a chance to make the playoffs. It is a long shot, but I could see 9-8 making that third wild card spot. Right now there are only five teams ahead of them in the wild card race and only one of them are ahead of them by more than one game.

The Pats are not that far away from losing close games like this to winning them. And the Bills are the only team left on their schedule that are as good or better than the Cowboys and Bucs. The Browns and Panthers aren't nearly are scary as they looked a few weeks ago. They have both come down to earth a bit.
Browns and Chargers are both on the Pats’ remaining schedule and are 2 of those 5 teams ahead of them. Beating them both improves their situation and gives them the head-to-head tiebreaker.

The pats are 32nd in the NFL in going for it on 4th down

Hmm, down and distance without field position, score and time is a pretty useless stat.

We definitely Fd up this offseason with the Jonnu deal. Hes fast athletic and the Titans were creative in his usage. We got enamored with visions of gronk/Hernandez part 2 but unfortunately he’s nowhere close to the player Hernandez was. (Strictly on the field)

I think the Henry deal is fine in terms of money/years. We should’ve made thuney a priority and maybe just signed a Kyle Rudolph on a cheap deal to pair with Henry if we were hell bent on incorporating the 2TE attack.

Current oc has zero clue how to use 2 TEs. Hernandez and Gronk were tearing it up under bill o'brien.

Isnt that a stat that says every game TB played he was always in contention to win the SB. He was never playing a meaningless game...

Anyway if a genie approached us 20 years ago and told us we could have a team that would have 20 years of unprecedented success with 9 SBs and 6 SB wins - but the team would suck for 5 years after. We all would have taken the deal.

Well, the bill has come..

I get this with Mac and the time it takes to mesh, but my biggest gripe is all these failed opportunities to trade impact players for draft picks the minute they knew Brady wasn’t coming back. If they had a handful of young, promising, high-potential draft picks out there, and they were losing, I’d say this is just the process. But instead I see an overwhelming amount of veteran players who have been in NE a long time and are declining quickly, and a lot of highly paid, win-now additions from this offseason. These guys are expected to perform at their peak level

What I don’t see are a lot of fast rising draft picks or young players coming into their own. I’m not saying they have zero young assets, but it’s hard to buy “patience” when other than Mac there isn’t much on the horizon. Even their injury situation is minor compared to other teams.

Current oc has zero clue how to use 2 TEs. Hernandez and Gronk were tearing it up under bill o'brien.
I make this point all the time. McDaniels has never shown to be able to support a successful 2 TE system. Never.

McDaniels is essentially asking Jonnu to be Dwayne Allen. Primarily block but maybe squeak out for a big play here and there. That is totally assbackwards for the TE that lead the league in YAC last year.

Blaming the OC is such a Jetes fan thing. We haven't sunk that low, have we?
We became the Jete fans this summer when most of the forum celebrated "winning the offseason" and predicting the team was playoff bound before the 1st snap.

It has continued weekly with celebrating moral victories and the constant coulda, woulda, shoulda been 5-1 nonsense.

It's been embarrassing to read some of these posts. Very un-Patriot like. Failure to recognize what is clear and obvious, this is not a good team.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back