PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Had a ton going on today and somehow forgot the game was a Saturday game and not Sunday… didn’t realize it til there was only 3 min left so I only caught the end. Trying to catch up on what happened from the comments by you guys, sounds like a sloppy game. As bad as early in the season? Worse? Seemed like they were coming to life at the end before they gave up that home run.

I felt like this one had a good chance to be a loss just due to how many in a row the Pats have won now and the fact that their run D is only okay usually, and being an away game, etc. I would be fine with the loss. But knowing sloppiness played such a big part in it sucks. Hopefully they can sharpen up for next week since a loss to the Bills really messes up their playoff situation.

Having said that, games like these do remind me that this is still a rebuilding team. Sometimes it’s easy to forget.
LOL, yeah...you turned it on around the right time. It wasn't pretty ;)

Miami giving up 11 ppg their last 5...there are no cakewalks vs Miami or Buffalo. at this point we should be happy w a home game happy as a pig in schitt w a division title.mm

The Pats need to use the Back-shoulder fades more.. Mac is so good at throwing them..

Tonight we saw why people were saying "Mac doesn't have a strong arm". He's not going to blow it by LBs with darts. On the throw to Bolden he'd have been better putting some arc on it.. then the LB doesn't get to it and Bolden gets a huge chunk..
Can’t wait to see him improve in that area this off-season and take a big second year jump. I have no doubt he will work on building up his strength.

when was the Bolden play where he was called that he stepped out of bounds. I want to go back and look at it

Stupid call on the FG instead of TD killed our momentum and that was the end.

nice to get the second TD but it was never going to happen by that point.

****ing penalties didn’t help, stupid false starts every time we’re in a crucial position.
Disagree on fg... Right call at the time... Maybe right before halftime was wrong call.... The defense cheated on henry because they don't respect harry

Indy is a matchup woth our run defense

Outside of Hunter Henry I would be hard pressed to say anyone played well tonight. Isaiah Wynn was horrific. He's had his ups and downs but tonight he was terrible. Penalties and badly missed blocks. Special teams was another group. Blocked punt and another one that was close. Bailey was pretty bad and Gunner got lucky that his punt fumble went out of bounds. Play calling in general. Stretch runs on third down and kicking that field goal basically made us need a miracle to win the game. Mac Jones looked pretty bad all night. The delay of game. The picks. The near picks. He looked bad and was lucky he didn't throw 4 INTs instead of two. He was throwing behind guys and floating balls all night. He has played pretty well as of late but tonight mat have been even worse than the Saints or Texans games.

when was the Bolden play where he was called that he stepped out of bounds. I want to go back and look at it
I just found and he puts a toe out it looks like 4th, 13:09

Miami giving up 11 ppg their last 5...there are no cakewalks vs Miami or Buffalo. at this point we should be happy w a home game happy as a pig in schitt w a division title.mm
Not winning the division would be a total failure.

How much cap will we be saving with Hightower and McCourty next season?
None, TROLL. It's costing the Pats 6.5M to not have McCourty on the Roster. Go the **** away.

The blocked punt for TD. The red zone interception. The false start at the one by Owenu. The penalty on missed FG. The sneak allowed at 4th and 1 when we needed the time. The missed tackle by Hightower for the TD by Taylor. The missed interception for pick-6 by Collins. Missed interception by Jackson.

All that killed the Pats.

I loved the heart Mac showed tonight.
And with all that I still think they win with proper officiating.

The Pats need to use the Back-shoulder fades more.. Mac is so good at throwing them..

Tonight we saw why people were saying "Mac doesn't have a strong arm". He's not going to blow it by LBs with darts. On the throw to Bolden he'd have been better putting some arc on it.. then the LB doesn't get to it and Bolden gets a huge chunk..

Been hoping for Harry to get more looks downfield and he delivered. I'd like to see that play in some less obvious situations too, play actions, etc. It would at the least keep defenses more honest

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back