PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Feels like the Ravens game a couple years ago. I think maybe coming in the game we bought in to our press coverage a little too much.That won’t be an issue this week.

Pats haven’t clinched anything yet. Good time to focus and make a statement against the Bills. Other than Allen thankfully they don’t have the run game that the Titans and Colts had.

If I'm Indy I'm not excited about that game. You got rare and huge ST **** ups from NE, every call in the world went your way and you were still a HT missed tackle from overtime or worse.

Colts aren't winning a super bowl with Wentz as the qb.

Colts played better overall tonight. First they gained a ton of momentum off the st’s block which was made possible by the Meyers drop. Miscues in the Red Zone, interception, penalties, holding, false starts?

Showed a lot of heart getting back in the game. An then of course they shoot themselves in the foot with another false start penalty and a shot at the td, settling for the fg.

Defense played mostly great tonight. Can’t do anything about the 7 given up by st’s. Miscue on the taylor 67 yard run but had done a good job up until That point slowing him down up until that point.

Super proud of the rookie Mac Jones and how he responded to adversity vs a stellar defense. Just imagine how good he is going to be in 2 or 3 years. Haven’t even come close to the tip of the “iceberg” yet. But in the end, loss came down to dumb penalties, team not being able to block out the crowd noise and some really bad errors on offense with the st’s blunder. Colts defense played real tough in that first half as well. The adjustments by the coaching staff coming out of the half were adequate. The execution was not good enough. I’ll tell you what though, I’d like to see the Pats play this team again.

Not in control of the number one seed anymore and I don’t give a rats ass. This team has exceeded my expectations by a year or two. Just battle it out the rest of the way and see what happens. Handle their business next week at home vs Buffalo and enjoy the ride.

The blocked punt for TD. The red zone interception. The false start at the one by Owenu. The penalty on missed FG. The sneak allowed at 4th and 1 when we needed the time. The missed tackle by Hightower for the TD by Taylor. The missed interception for pick-6 by Collins. Missed interception by Jackson.

All that killed the Pats.

I loved the heart Mac showed tonight.
Yea. That about sums it up.

Had a ton going on today and somehow forgot the game was a Saturday game and not Sunday… didn’t realize it til there was only 3 min left so I only caught the end. Trying to catch up on what happened from the comments by you guys, sounds like a sloppy game. As bad as early in the season? Worse? Seemed like they were coming to life at the end before they gave up that home run.

I felt like this one had a good chance to be a loss just due to how many in a row the Pats have won now and the fact that their run D is only okay usually, and being an away game, etc. I would be fine with the loss. But knowing sloppiness played such a big part in it sucks. Hopefully they can sharpen up for next week since a loss to the Bills really messes up their playoff situation.

Having said that, games like these do remind me that this is still a rebuilding team. Sometimes it’s easy to forget.

How much cap will we be saving with Hightower and McCourty next season?

Another NYFL ref job. Bolden not out of bounds and a free path to the endzone, countless helmet to helmet hits not called, straight call from NY on the Duggar ejection when Pittman was throwing punches and his helmet was loose. Indy had 1 non-offsetting penalty the whole game.
did they ever show the Bolden out of bounds replay? Not sure he hit the line.

Had to figure a stinker was coming after the 7 game win streak, and we got it here in a big way. Dreadful on offense most of the night, killer and worse yet unforced penalties, multiple turnovers, awful special teams. Officials were against us too tonight, guess that falls under the bad breaks category as well. It came full circle tonight. They still almost had a shot at the end despite all that so not an awful loss.

I am proud of our defense tonight, yes the run at the end was pitiful and hurts but, once again, we are pinning too much on them this season. I counted 17 points in that game that I hold them accountable for, against a good offense. They did their job, offense and special teams failed. The defense has been asked to do too much this season, even the 2 games where our offense exploded , it really wasn't even needed since the defense could have won those for us anyway. The offense needs to start holding up its end of the bargain, and it's not like they can't do it.... they just continously shoot themselves in the foot with idiot penalties and mistakes in the red zone. Everybody was making such a huge deal out of we only passed 3 times against Buffalo and still won, well we won that game because our defense held them to 10 points, NOT because of that 'brilliant' offense. They have to do more and stop leaving points on the board if we are going anywhere, period.

Regardless you live to fight another day and move on to Buffalo. The last 3 games are still winnable. I don't see TEN losing tomorrow but they have SF on thursday night - I see a loss there for them. It's hard to see a loss for KC but I think the Bengals have an ok shot and you never know with Denver and PITT. #1 seed is still not that far fetched.

I don't hate the decision to kick the FG to make it 20-10. Our red zone offense had been horrific to that point, 4th and goal from the 7 is a very low percentage play for us there. I DO hate not trying an onsides at 20-17 though. Say you don't recover, they have the ball at our 45... their kicker has missed both FG's he kicked over 40 yards. You stop them on 3 downs and he's kicking a minimum 53 yarder.... or you don't stop them and game over - but that goes for if you kick the ball deep as well.

Why did Bolden stop in the screen? Was there a whistle

Nothing special? Come on man. He set up the blocks, had the vision to see the lanes, and pushed when he had to. Not to mention, the MF’er had some nasty blocks too!!

Hines is averaging over 5 ypc too. Reminds me of Le’Veon Bell with this talk about “vision” like it isn’t the massive LOS dominance. But whatever…I’ve sidetracked the thread enough. I just saw an interesting game with a lot of strong performances and was annoyed with the slobber fest.

"After the bye" weeks always worry me.

Oh well, I'm taking this loss a lot better than I thought.

Mac, and this whole roster got us further than I ever figured.

We're still in it.
Yea I'm annoyed but fine. We played like crap but showed guts and made it a game. **** happens

The Pats need to use the Back-shoulder fades more.. Mac is so good at throwing them..

Tonight we saw why people were saying "Mac doesn't have a strong arm". He's not going to blow it by LBs with darts. On the throw to Bolden he'd have been better putting some arc on it.. then the LB doesn't get to it and Bolden gets a huge chunk..

What was up with that bell ringing? There were a couple of times the Pats’ offense was on the field with that thing still ringing.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back