PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly subjective accusation.
Hitting "interesting/useful" doesn't help the situation. It's pretty straigtforward, calling another human being a "mongrel" or a "mutt" can only be interpreted negatively. I didn't spot it last night, but obviously was alerted to it today and that absolutely won't be permitted here.

Hitting "interesting/useful" doesn't help the situation. It's pretty straigtforward, calling another human being a "mongrel" or a "mutt" can only be interpreted negatively. I didn't spot it last night, but obviously was alerted to it today and that absolutely won't be permitted here.
I was acknowledging your post. Figured 'Useful' was the closest there was to 'Acknowledged'. We'll all agree to disagree.

I’m just really hoping your intent doesn’t match the accusation, otherwise, there’s nothing to agree to disagree about.

I think its time for all of us to get together around a camp fire, make some smores and sing Kumbaya

I had a discussion about this recently and I thought this point sort of said it best. You can’t choose your race, but you can choose whether or not to be an a*****e. And honestly, that’s how people really should be judged.

So needless to say, don’t be an a*****e. Words to live by. :cool:

I hate to interrupt the usual name calling, but I have something I need to get off my chest. There isn't really a specific thread to address this issue (that I know of) so I am going to say it in here since it definitely applies to last night's game.

The offensive holding has gotten way the hell out of hand. I like offense as much as the next guy but geez, smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is football. There are rules.

Meanwhile if a DB even looks at a WR crosseyed, it's 5 yards and an automatic first....

I was surprised that the Patriots started Ferentz at Center. I can't believe him being in is better than putting Froholdt in at RG while leaving Thuney at center.

That being said, the fact that Harris was able to get 100 yards rushing last night and the team got 185 yards rushing in total says a lot.
Especially weird because the OL in warmups was Wynn, Froholdt, Thuney, Onwenu, and Eluemunor. Obviously Eluemunor’s migraine caused them to put Herron in his place, but I can’t think of any reason why that would be connected to the changes on the interior.

I hate to interrupt the usual name calling, but I have something I need to get off my chest. There isn't really a specific thread to address this issue (that I know of) so I am going to say it in here since it definitely applies to last night's game.

The offensive holding has gotten way the hell out of hand. I like offense as much as the next guy but geez, smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is football. There are rules.

Meanwhile if a DB even looks at a WR crosseyed, it's 5 yards and an automatic first....
You’re good, we’re shifting gears and getting back on track to discussing the game.

I saw several instances of holding go uncalled last night, which seems to be a theme and the data backs it up. Clearly the league appears focuses on points and the flow of the game and a lot seems to just be slipping by. I don’t know what the criteria is but it’s been extremely inconsistent thus far.

Dont think it's fair to fault BB for the missed challenge flag on that bullcrap whistle. For one, I think he, like everyone else, assumed it was a fumble blown dead. The very minimum we should have had the ball where mahomes coughed it up. The refs blew it, and their reasoning is really, really bad.

Yes, Edelman was surprised the ball went to him. Agreed. Stidham worked through his reads and threw the ball to the check down. Agreed. The check down guy is always the last option, the last read. Agreed.

Usually a rookie QB is criticized for staring down the first read and throwing it into tight coverage. Why aren't we happy that Stidham checked his other reads and checked down when no-one was open? Because Stidham threw the ball too hard? Have you ever watched Brady throw the ball to an outside wide check down? If you throw the ball "with touch" to a receiver out wide, the receiver will get killed by the time the ball gets there.

Stidham placed the pass poorly? The pass hit Edelman in both hands. I wish every pass Cam, Stidham and Hoyer throw hits the receiver in both hands. The pass completion % would go up.

I remember when Jules would make that catch, make the first guy miss, and pickup 12 yards. I guess those days are gone - not the same guy. I have a number 11 Patriots jersey and will ALWAYS love him, but Jules is not the same guy. Maybe one more year and that will be it. Let's hope that Gunner is the next in line.

I still don't see why Edelman would be surprised to get the ball. Only 3 receivers went out for a pass. He's the checkdown guy. He sees Stid look at him before making a throw (at 19 seconds in the twitter video). Edelman actually has time to square up to make the catch and it goes through his hands. Edelman turns his head instead of seeing the ball in is why i think he dropped it (Romo mentions he turns his head before making the catch at 3:15 in the video below)

why are you guys arguing this play when the biggest game changing play happened when the moron ref called "in the grasp" on that fumble by Mahomes? A Pats defender picked it up and had a clear path to the end zone and an easy score. THAT ridiculous call changed the course of the game right there. The Edelman non catch came way later in the game when the pressure was ramped up and Hoyer was replaced. Sure it would have been nice if Edelman made the play but it pales in comparison to the absolute rip job the screwy ref pulled on the Pats WAY earlier.
Yeah, funny how that jumpy punk got to be "in the grasp" immediately AFTER he fumbles...Yet Goober (or is it Gomer?) Manning was NEVER called for being "in the grasp" until he was able to get a throw off?

Absolutely disgraceful.

And other fan bases wonder why we can still be so "paranoid" about Stokoe's criminally incompetent lackeys?

Did you read Reiss’ comments? He suggests Corrente didn’t offer that explanuntil after the game, and the whistle was not blown until after Pats took possession.

I have and just because Reiss claims that Corrente didn't offer an explanation visible to the media until after the game it doesn't mean that any of the other refs that are around the sideline didn't communicate whatever call directly to BB as he was raging around the sideline.

I find it too much to imagine BB being so upset about a call, then just randomly letting it go and let KC just punt it away unless he got informed by someone in the ref crew that the call was not reviewable (which it was not).

Would it have looked smoother if he had thrown a flag just so the public and Romo/Nantz would have had the correct information and stopped spewing nonsense ? Yeah. But why would he care at all about it being cleared up if he already had gotten the call from the side judge and knew a challenge wouldn't do **** ?

Missed the game (midnight kick off in the UK), read a few of the articles today from Reiss, Kyed etc, seems as though the defense acquitted themselves really well yet again, against Mahomes.

The offense sounds like it was about what you could expect with Hoyer or Stidham and the shortest prep possible.

One constant seems to be that Onwenu yet again was outstanding.

why are you guys arguing this play when the biggest game changing play happened when the moron ref called "in the grasp" on that fumble by Mahomes? A Pats defender picked it up and had a clear path to the end zone and an easy score. THAT ridiculous call changed the course of the game right there. The Edelman non catch came way later in the game when the pressure was ramped up and Hoyer was replaced. Sure it would have been nice if Edelman made the play but it pales in comparison to the absolute rip job the screwy ref pulled on the Pats WAY earlier.
The olineman had a grasp of calhoun when the whistle blew and let calhoun go. He wasn't scoring with it. It almost worked out better this way since Mahomes never got the ball back for the half. Unfortunately we weren't able to get 7 and Hoyer made it worse.

The dropped picks spotted the chefs 10 points and Hoyer lost us 6 points. That really hurt us.

It's pretty clear the Pats are the Chefs kryptonite. The Pats D is built to beat the Chefs O, which is predicated on big plays downfield.

This is the second game in a row the refs bailed the Chefs out of a major call that could've changed the game. But then again, Hoyer would've found a way to f**k it up. It's amazing how that guy has been in the league for so long, practices daily, yet looks like he's playing football for the first time when he gets on the field.

Can't wait for Cam to get back.

Did you read Reiss’ comments? He suggests Corrente didn’t offer that explanuntil after the game, and the whistle was not blown until after Pats took possession.

Jeff Howe is right about the BS double standard. Anyone else notice the olineman grasping calhoun gave up on the play before you hear a whistle blown. I wonder if there was another whistle blown before that not picked up on the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back