PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The olineman had a grasp of calhoun when the whistle blew and let calhoun go. He wasn't scoring with it. It almost worked out better this way since Mahomes never got the ball back for the half. Unfortunately we weren't able to get 7 and Hoyer made it worse.

The dropped picks spotted the chefs 10 points and Hoyer lost us 6 points. That really hurt us.
Yep, add the Edelman drop/Pick-6 and it's Good Night Irene...

If more Pats players performed like the well-paid professionals they are, this would've been a multiple-TD win.

Last edited:

I still don't see why Edelman would be surprised to get the ball. Only 3 receivers went out for a pass. He's the checkdown guy. He sees Stid look at him before making a throw (at 19 seconds in the twitter video). Edelman actually has time to square up to make the catch and it goes through his hands. Edelman turns his head instead of seeing the ball in is why i think he dropped it (Romo mentions he turns his head before making the catch at 3:15 in the video below)

Yep...That Pick-6 is 100%...One-feckin-hundred percent...on Edelman. Inexcusable...just like his drop vs the Titties in the POs.

Especially weird because the OL in warmups was Wynn, Froholdt, Thuney, Onwenu, and Eluemunor. Obviously Eluemunor’s migraine caused them to put Herron in his place, but I can’t think of any reason why that would be connected to the changes on the interior.

I'd have liked to have seen that line out there..I honestly don't think they missed Eluemenor going out with the migraine.. Which speaks volumes about Herron's abilities.

He could have just given a non-answer if he wanted to be a leader. He specifically took the blame. And no, you don’t make that throw with the Rover in the area and easily able to break on the ball. Better placement probably means a loss on the play vs a turnover.
Not only does Edelman have time to easily make the catch, but he also had the angle to cut upfield and blow past Mathieu for at least a 6/7-yard gain.

Hats off to you guys on a tough game.

With all that you guys went through you have a lot to be proud of. Had you had Cam and not had to travel on gameday the result might have been different.

I can't lie we caught a major break with the non fumble call. Might have been a different game if that was correctly called.

A win is a win. But I still think you guys are going to be a playoff team.

You guys got real lucky, with newton in there you would have been toast. Held the one of the top scoring offenses to 20 points. Go be afraid
That 2nd pick had nothing to do with Stidham. Edelman blew that. As much as we praise him rightfully so his hands are very suspect nowadays and have been for a while. That was inexcusable

Edelman has to catch that yes, but I think he also knew there was a defender about to destroy him. Hoyer was throwing hospital balls all game, even the catches Edelman did make were dangerous where he had to extend his whole body to reach for them and wasn't able to protect himself. He was probably a little gun shy at that point.

If we see them again... puts a little doubt in their minds I think. That's a good thing.

Are you counting the Edelman fumblerooski into Mathieu's hands as an INT for the td? Clearly not Stidham's error....
Stidham took the blame for it when he could have given a non-answer. If the Rover is in the area, reading your eyes, and driving on the ball, that’s not a ball you should throw. Even if it had better/safer placement, it’s not a play that’s going anywhere. Saying because Edelman got his hands on it, he should have caught it doesn’t change that.

Not only does Edelman have time to easily make the catch, but he also had the angle to cut upfield and blow past Mathieu for at least a 6/7-yard gain.
No he didn’t LMAO. The only reason he had an angle, which took place after the throw, is because Matthieu changed his angle in pursuit to intercept the ball. The play is on YouTube. Easily available to watch again and again until the end of time.

Matthieu, the Rover, was tasked with covering Edelman all night. He is again here. And his eyes are already in the offensive backfield as Stidham is already staring down Edelma

1602015658167.png

The throw. Ball is not even out of Stidham’s hand yet and he’s already driving on the ball.

1602015821775.png

Just after the ball is deflected. Matthieu has now closed to within two yards of Edelman. Even if Edelman caught it, this was going nowhere unless Matthieu missed the tackle and, even then, there were three other Chiefs in the area.

1602015991125.png

Last edited:
You’re good, we’re shifting gears and getting back on track to discussing the game.

I saw several instances of holding go uncalled last night, which seems to be a theme and the data backs it up. Clearly the league appears focuses on points and the flow of the game and a lot seems to just be slipping by. I don’t know what the criteria is but it’s been extremely inconsistent thus far.
Stat of the day (courtesy of Super 70's sports with expletives removed):

The NFL league-wide passer rating through Week 4: 96.5.
Peyton Manning’s career passer rating: 96.5.
Congrats to the NFL on loosening the rules so much everybody is now Peyton Manning.

One of the most frustrating games I’ve ever witnessed. I do, however, remain confident that this is a Super Bowl-contending team with Cam Newton.

One of the most frustrating games I’ve ever witnessed. I do, however, remain confident that this is a Super Bowl-contending team with Cam Newton.
Why were you frustrated? Most of us expected the Pats to get blown out. That we were even in it with Hoyer and Stidham is remarkable.

Given how anal the NFL is about uniform violations, I'm surprised they allow players to wear yellow gloves and or cleats. It's annoying as it always seems like there is a penalty flag thrown...

I'm sure it'll be banned if it ever benefits the Pats...

Why were you frustrated? Most of us expected the Pats to get blown out. That we were even in it with Hoyer and Stidham is remarkable.

Many Pats fans have the mentality of "what have you done for me lately" which is mind bottling given how most fan bases would love to have a taste of the success the team has had over the years.

Sorry..but he's not gonna throw more than 31 interceptions.. You're insulting Jameis Winston by saying so..
My comment was kinda tongue in cheek, lol. He probably won't throw for more than 31 but I fear he will cost us with a big turnover in select games. I guess I just feel more comfortable with Cam under center.

"We're on to Denver"

No he didn’t LMAO. The only reason he had an angle, which took place after the throw, is because Matthieu changed his angle in pursuit to intercept the ball. The play is on YouTube. Easily available to watch again and again until the end of time.

Matthieu, the Rover, was tasked with covering Edelman all night. He is again here. And his eyes are already in the offensive backfield as Stidham is already staring down Edelma

View attachment 28856

The throw. Ball is not even out of Stidham’s hand yet and he’s already driving on the ball.

View attachment 28857

Just after the ball is deflected. Matthieu has now closed to within two yards of Edelman. Even if Edelman caught it, this was going nowhere unless Matthieu missed the tackle and, even then, there were three other Chiefs in the area.

View attachment 28859

I get all those points except it pretty much downplays that Edelman got 2 hands on it and if a WR gets 2 hands on a ball, it's a catchable ball. it wasn't a floater that went over Edelman into Mathieu and Mathieu didn't jump the route. There is 2 yards between Edelman and Mathieu when the ball hits Edelman, ok maybe he gets stopped right there and it's a loss but just think that's a catch he should make.

Last edited:
I get all those points except it pretty much downplays that Edelman got 2 hands on it and if a WR gets 2 hands on a ball, it's a catchable ball. it wasn't a floater that went over Edelman into Mathieu and Mathieu didn't jump the route. There is 2 yards between Edelman and Mathieu when the ball hits Edelman, ok maybe he gets stopped right there and it's a loss but just think that's a catch he should make

The second one proves he was either looking up field before catching the ball or he was hearing footsteps and didn't want to get blasted by Matheiu...

My comment was kinda tongue in cheek, lol. He probably won't throw for more than 31 but I fear he will cost us with a big turnover in select games. I guess I just feel more comfortable with Cam under center.

Can't do any worse than Hoyer.. Scott Secules.. Hugh Millen.. .Matt Wilson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST