PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady wasn’t this bad and he was showing a ton of promise. Stidham had one good throw and was garbage the rest of the game. He’s not accurate and has no touch. Those don’t get better

No touch? I guess you missed the Harry TD pass.

The thing that I take away from the 1st four games of this year is that there is no team that we've played so far that I was saying " we don't belong on the same field as them". We were competitive with two of the best teams in the league. I think that's a good sign. Kc probably the best team in the AFC and Seattle one of the two best teams in NFC.

If Cam comes back and is healthy, I think we can compete with anybody.

This is true. Seattle played better than KC and still almost lost to the Pats. KC should be ashamed of their performance under the circumstance. They didn’t play like the best team in the NFL.

Edelman. He's looked bad all year

Didn't he have a career high that was near 200 yards receiving in a game this year?

Him and Cam were pretty much the 2 guys that kept them in that Seattle game.

Kontra,

With Cam out next week, who do you start against Denver, a very winnable game..I would probably lean towards Hoyer, but wouldn't be shocked either way.
We could/SHOULD be able to start Johnny Foxboro and still win this game. The one thing that would make it a loss would be turnovers, so I’d say my preference would probably be Hoyer.

We are 0-4 if either Hoyer or Stidham is the starter this year. Let’s be very clear on that.

I need to see Stidham getting a full week practice of starting reps and then starting a game to judge that.

If he gets them and starts vs Denver and does enough to not lose the game i'd maybe say they'd have the same record. Because I would think Stidham with game planning and reps might still have been enough to beat the lolphins and raiders

Last edited:
He wasn’t great but the call on Matthieu was pretty clear; Harry had him beat. The pick was Edelman’s fault; he took his eye off the ball to look upfield. So only one pick was Stidham’s fault.
The ball to Edelman should not have been thrown as the Rover was right there in coverage. That’s why it looked like Edelman was surprised it was coming. At best, it’s a loss. At worse, you saw what happened. And that’s without even taking into consideration that he didn’t even try to look Matthieu off.

Agree. Stidham is an interception machine. I wish I could buy stock in 'Stidham will have a sky high INT rate as a NFL QB'. He has throws that look pretty, but then makes poor decisions or gets way too greedy on the throwing windows.

i don’t predict that Stidham is the next guy but don’t forget that Stidham has almost no reps for a month now and was inactive for the first three games. I was not expecting him to put huge numbers with the lack of preparation.

The Edelman INT was not his fault and the second one was under thrown a bit but he had a chief defender right on him when he threw the ball and he was trying to get something being down 2 TD with 3 min left.

It was in his hands. He should be ready for that pass. What in the world are you talking about? JE also dropped another gimme.Your weird hatred for Stidham is showing.
See my previous post. The ball shouldn’t be going to Edelman if Matthieu, the Rover, is immediately there in coverage. This should actually be common knowledge if you follow the game enough to post on a message board about it. There’s a good reason why Edelman looked shocked that the ball came his way.

See my previous post. The ball shouldn’t be going to Edelman if Matthieu, the Rover, is immediately there in coverage. This should actually be common knowledge if you follow the game enough to post on a message board about it. There’s a good reason why Edelman looked shocked that the ball came his way.
If Edelman caught this ball it is at least a 5 yards gain. It is a catch and run where the receiver need to beat the first guy. Brady threw this pass all the time. Edelman was trying to see where the defender was and lost track of the ball that’s all

No touch? I guess you missed the Harry TD pass.
Okay I guess you missed two of Stidham really good passes when he was driving before he got benched. Anybody can have a good pass lol. Before that Stidham threw a garbage interception that he got bailed out on by the refs

If Edelman caught this ball it is at least a 5 yards gain. It is a catch and run where the receiver need to beat the first guy. Brady threw this pass all the time. Edelman was trying to see where the defender was and lost track of the ball that’s all
When did Brady throw that ball with Rover on the intended receiver within a 5 yard radius? As far as I remember, that ball usually went there if the corner was playing off and the receiver had room to work.

Okay I guess you missed two of Stidham really good passes when he was driving before he got benched. Anybody can have a good pass lol. Before that Stidham threw a garbage interception that he got bailed out on by the refs
The dude could have thrown 3 picks in less than a half’s worth of work and people are still defending him. It’s pretty crazy.

From the horse’s mouth. You were saying?

Exactly. It’s not really hard to say that Edelman should catch it but Stidham’s placement both made it more difficult than it should have been and because it was needlessly high at risk of Edelman didn’t haul it in.

Yet Cam could have thrown three picks against Seattle and again against the Raiders and everyone think he is awesome. Perspective

Exactly. It’s not really hard to say that Edelman should catch it but Stidham’s placement both made it more difficult than it should have been and because it was needlessly high at risk of Edelman didn’t haul it in.
It’s just not a ball that should have been thrown. I’m amazed that I have to keep repeating this to people. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to watch the play again. sb1 dropped in a Tweet. Freeze it at two seconds. Matthieu reads Stidham’s eyes, is about five yards from Edelman, and begins a hard drive on Edelman and the ball. The ball is also coming with bad placement and way too much velocity. The results speak for themselves.

Yet Cam could have thrown three picks against Seattle and again against the Raiders and everyone think he is awesome. Perspective
I don’t think Cam has been awesome as a passer either.

The ball to Edelman should not have been thrown as the Rover was right there in coverage. That’s why it looked like Edelman was surprised it was coming. At best, it’s a loss. At worse, you saw what happened. And that’s without even taking into consideration that he didn’t even try to look Matthieu off.
Matthieu was a good 5 yards away from Edelman when the ball was thrown and barely at arm's reach when the ball got there. We've seen Edeam break tackles like that time and time again. If he catches it cleanly he has a chance to break it and get 5-8 yards on the play, I think that's why he was trying to cut inside while making the catch

From the horse’s mouth. You were saying?

like Stidham would say in a press conference that it was 100% Edelman’s fault. It is like a poster using Bill saying he started Hoyer because it was best for the team in a press conference to justify Hoyer starting. That’s crazy. Stidham said what a good leader should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News