PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pick-6 was on Edelman. Clear as day. If Edelman can make that catch circus catch against the Fail-cons, he damn sure can catch a routine flat route. Stop making excuses for him.
The pick was very similar to Brady’s would be pick that would have iced the game against KC in the 2018 playoffs without the Dee Ford offsides. It was thrown too high at a high velocity to an open receiver and it bounced up because of placement. Yes you want your receiver to be more sure handed so Edelman has some blame. But it was ultimately a poor throw to a wide open receiver.

And using the Falcons catch which was just lucky bounce wasn’t it

It kind of seems the choices are decision paralysis and inaccuracy vs interceptions - at least that's how I see it. Hoyer is supposed to be game manager personified - low/no risk, but not so much so that there's likewise no way to score which is basically what happened last night. Stidham is the (essentially) rookie that frankly is going to make mistakes some of them pretty boneheaded (because no one else is the GOAT which greatly colors our perceptions and expectations round here).

It's a Hobson's choice, got it, but one that has to be made. I guess I'm more of a risk taker as the kind of inaction I saw tonight from Hoyer to me is way worse than making the attempt. First read not there, throw the ball twenty feet over the head of somebody in the back of the end zone.

I'll take seeing a guy wide open on the post and missing the throw while getting hit over that going into the Denver game. (we simply disagree on the Jules INT and see it differently hence using the other example).
A lot of Hoyer’s indecision and him holding the ball too long comes from the receivers and their inability to consistently separate. That was apparent when he held the ball for too long and got strip sacked in the red zone. They both suck. They’re both back-ups at best. But Stidham’s been a turnover machine and the only way we lose this game is with turnovers. Start Hoyer, lean on the ground game and defense, come away with an uninspiring W, and get Cam back after that.

He could have just given a non-answer if he wanted to be a leader. He specifically took the blame. And no, you don’t make that throw with the Rover in the area and easily able to break on the ball. Better placement probably means a loss on the play vs a turnover.
We can agree to disagree. Agree that I'm right and disagree that you're right

A lot of Hoyer’s indecision and him holding the ball too long comes from the receivers and their inability to consistently separate. That was apparent when he held the ball for too long and got strip sacked in the red zone. They both suck. They’re both back-ups at best. But Stidham’s been a turnover machine and the only way we lose this game is with turnovers. Start Hoyer, lean on the ground game and defense, come away with an uninspiring W, and get Cam back after that.
I agree with this. I'd add, though, that the vet QB - regardless of WR seperation - needs to get rid of the ball on those two awful plays... might not make you beat KC, but it will help you beat a lesser team (which is every other team atm). Really, really frustrating to see the last play of the first half & the strip sack.

I agree with this. I'd add, though, that the vet QB - regardless of WR seperation - needs to get rid of the ball on those two awful plays... might not make you beat KC, but it will help you beat a lesser team (which is every other team atm). Really, really frustrating to see the last play of the first half & the strip sack.

And the Jules drop...really, the pats should have gotten at least 2 FGs on the Hoyer plays and you take away the 7 points on the Edelman INT it's 19-19 game late in the 4th quarter.

Yesterday Hoyer was as a turnover machine as Stidham. The difference is that Hoyer turn the ball over doing nothing and Stidham did it trying to do something

The pick was very similar to Brady’s would be pick that would have iced the game against KC in the 2018 playoffs without the Dee Ford offsides. It was thrown too high at a high velocity to an open receiver and it bounced up because of placement. Yes you want your receiver to be more sure handed so Edelman has some blame. But it was ultimately a poor throw to a wide open receiver.

Edelman was looking up field before he secured possession of the ball...there's no excuse for that. A rookie? ok. A vet that has been to 5 super bowls? none.

Edelman needs to make the catch. Save it..

Edelman needs to make the catch. Save it..
He should. It also became a harder catch because of how it was thrown. If Stidham is going to consistently have ball placement like that, you are going to see more mishaps

Yesterday Hoyer was as a turnover machine as Stidham. The difference is that Hoyer turn the ball over doing nothing and Stidham did it trying to do something
??? One of Hoyer’s turnovers was an INT intended for Izzo down the seam when Izzo was bracketed. Terrible decision, but meets the qualification of “trying to do something.”

We’re 2-2, with loses to SEA & KC; 2 undefeated teams with the top 2 QBs in the league...BOTH games were very winnable and never looked outmatched (obviously, there were some opportunities we didn’t take advantage of). The D, running game/OL was fine. I say get Cam back, add a WR/TE (hopefully Asiasi/Keene develop?) & maybe a LB and we’re good. With Cam @ QB, we can play with anybody. 10-6.

We’re 2-2, with loses to SEA & KC; 2 undefeated teams with the top 2 QBs in the league...BOTH games were very winnable and never looked outmatched (obviously, there were some opportunities we didn’t take advantage of). The D, running game/OL was fine. I say get Cam back, add a WR/TE (hopefully Asiasi/Keene develop?) & maybe a LB and we’re good. With Cam @ QB, we can play with anybody. 10-6.
They're starting to piss me off with the lack of Keene...I know I have 0 reason to be pissed as they know a million times better than I do if he's ready or not but it isn't stopping me

Every NFL receiver is expected to make that catch 99% of the time.

Every NFL receiver is expected to make that catch 99% of the time.
Well every NFL QB is expecting to make a better throw to a wide open stationary receiver

Ya it might have a bad decision to throw it but the pick is on Edelman. Hit him in the hands and him not expecting it is kind of a weak argument. He ran the route and he was looking that way and attempted to catch the ball. Wasn't like he had his head up field and it hit him and got picked

Reactions: sb1
Stunning to see the Pats lose because of terrible situational football. The first half was a nightmare of blown opportunities. I still can't believe Bill and Josh could not find a way to get Stidham ready for a week 4 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST