PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs Beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not asking for quick twitch guys. I’m asking for first round picks who get more than a combined 11 snaps (Sony 9 and Harry 2).

When Sony is in there the defense knows it's a run and key on that. With how crappy our OL is blocking, it's pointless to trot him out there right now. It's unfortunate how useless he is in the passing game. I thought the reason why he was picked ahead of Chubb was because he was better in that aspect.

Coaches probably don't trust Harry in there. It sucks.

For people saying we should have drafted 'XYZ' yeah we'd be complaining how that person doesn't get open or doesn't know what he's doing.

What the hell is the point moving foward if Kraft isn't doing everything in his power to win.

Here's what we know

Non existent running game.

A revolving door on the offensive line.

No threat at WR that can create separation.

WR's outside of Edelman that are atrocious at making mid play adjustments, especially when brady has been blitzed.

Nonexistent production at tight end.

Last year we had the tools personnel wise to morph into a productive albeit, old school offense. This year i dont see what we can evolve into. This season has been grossly mishandled on the offensive side of the ball. Im sure people that feel like me will be labeled chicken littles but all I'd ask you to do is offer up a solution for what can get this offense goin because i dont F'n see it. Feel free to sticky this if we somehow miraculously win the superbowl with this anemic offense.

I think we all agree the offense has many issues currently. For individual players, Sanu is still pretty low on the worry list.

We know Edeman is but is Sanu getting doubled our there inquiring minds want to know??

What the hell is the point moving foward if Kraft isn't doing everything in his power to win.

Here's what we know

WR's outside of Edelman that are atrocious at making mid play adjustments, especially when brady has been blitzed.

Last year we had the tools personnel wise to morph into a productive albeit, old school offense. This year i dont see what we can evolve into. This season has been grossly mishandled on the offensive side of the ball. Im sure people that feel like me will be labeled chicken littles but all I'd ask you to do is offer up a solution for what can get this offense goin because i dont F'n see it. Feel free to sticky this if we somehow miraculously win the superbowl with this anemic offense.

It begins with the OL improving.

Come on now that’s silly. That’s risking further injury. He might not be as hurt as you think then if it’s a high ankle sprain. 31 total yards in his last 3 games.

What is silly ? High ankle sprains are among the worst injuries you can get for the very reason that most players play through them and extend the recovery time. Most actually more serious injury require actual time off. Hernandez was hobbled by his high ankle sprain suffered in Sept in 2012 for almost the entire season.

He played 19 snaps last week. The fact he had double of that this week is a good sign that things are trending into the right direction and hopefully he will be fine until the playoffs.

Are you serious ?

When Sony is in there the defense knows it's a run and key on that. With how crappy our OL is blocking, it's pointless to trot him out there right now. It's unfortunate how useless he is in the passing game. I thought the reason why he was picked ahead of Chubb was because he was better in that aspect.

For people saying we should have drafted 'XYZ' yeah we'd be complaining how that person doesn't get open or doesn't know what he's doing.

This offense is definitely complex unlike any other offense but still it’s tough to watch our rookies struggle.

Have Sony had a 100yds game yet all season??:oops:

Sony is fine if you give him blocking...but Chubb can be productive even if the o-line is poor.

What is silly ? High ankle sprains are among the worst injuries you can get for the very reason that most players play through them and extend the recovery time. Most actually more serious injury require actual time off. Hernandez was hobbled by his high ankle sprain suffered in Sept in 2012 for almost the entire season.

He played 19 snaps last week. The fact he had double of that this week is a good sign that things are trending into the right direction and hopefully he will be fine until the playoffs.

Are you serious with this garbage ?

Sit him down!!!! You don’t get it? What’s the point of playing him if he’s not a factor! What part don’t you understand? Playing him makes it worse.

I like Bolden running it over Sony at least he runs hard and does not trip over himself like Sony who needs the red sea to be parted to get yards. Sony should have had more yards his Rookie year if he had break-away Speed! Chubb would have had 2000 yards behind Gronk -Devlin our OL year.

You want to know what really sucks?

Spoiled rotten Patriot fans. Go root for Baltimore you f*cking front runners.

I'm kind of with you on this. I mean, this team has given us more in the TB/BB era than any team has in the history of the sport. And even with this "train wreck" of a season they're 10-3, and will likely finish either 13-3 or 12-4, win the AFC East, and probably have the #2 seed in the playoffs. Virtually every other fan base in America would love to have such a "train wreck" of a season.

That said, I understand the frustration. The Brady window is clearly closing fast. And we want to see every opportunity maximized.

Honestly, this team has given me SO much fan pleasure. If this *is* the end of the line, what a hell of a run it's been. But I don't think they're quite dead yet. I think there's a little more magic left in them, even if it might not be another Lombardi (but even then, it might!).

Here's what we know

Yeah, Kraft shouldn't have injured all those guys on the O-line or allowed Gronk to retire. D a m n him!

Here's what we know

I am not sure what your problem is, the Patriots did a lot to address these issues in the offseason. The Patriots had a fantastic running game last year and drafted I believe two OL fairly high in the draft and signed a couple more. It isn't Belichicks fault that these players retired or got injured. They essentially brought everybody back, with LT backup plans. Andrews got hurt, Karras got hurt, both FBs got hurt...Seriously, this team did so much to fortify the running game this year and the protection, it just didn't work out due to injury.

At TE, Gronk kind of screwed the Patriots by not letting them know he was retiring. Jared Cook was here, but signed with the Saints because Gronk had not decided yet.

As for WR, they brought a lot of guys in and looked to have a good group. They drafted a guy in the first round, he got hurt...They brought in AB and then AB continued his crazy...Seriously, your whining is baseless.

The only real complaint anybody could make IMO is they did not draft a TE. That is it. The rest the Patriots tried to address and it did not work out for various reasons. I am sick of reading these ignorant posts of fans who don't know anything about how the roster issues were addressed in the offseason and during the season.

Sony is fine if you give him blocking...but Chubb can be productive even if the o-line is poor.

And that's the obvious point Sony cannot make something out of nothing like some RB's. Our SB Team made him look good he's not that good.

Here's what we know

The Patriots getting criticized for poor offense after dropping two in a row in December? That's certainly a first.

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Team is doomed!

I’m done with Sony at this point. If all the circumstances around him are great then he’s a good back but if he needs to make a play on his own it doesn’t happen. He’s BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Are you serious ?

Gronk in Super Bowl 46 2 weeks after a badly sprained ankle in AFCC

2 grabs 26 yds

- Traded Thomas for nothing
- Traded Gordon for nothing
- Cut Brown and still have to pay him
- Gave up a 2nd Round Pick for Sanu for some reason over Sanders

That's why we're losing.

Oh look who showed up. The guy who thought we would march down the field left and right against a porous defense of the chefs . What a genius.

In order for me to feel even better about this team's chances at a record setting 7th Super Bowl, I just need this hood rat to officially proclaim that the team is done.

Give it to us, squirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft