PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs Beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Defense was really, really good tonight.
2) Gilmore is DPOY. Not even a contest.
3) Harry was used on a Patterson play. I have a theory he's being held back for the playoffs.
4) Michel was a wasted pick.
5) Wynn is very good. Thuney is good. Cannon and Mason are up and down for whatever reason, and mostly down. Ferentz is a nepotism disaster. I have a hard time believing they couldn't find anyone better.
6) Van Noy is Vice DPOY.
7) Death and infamy to the officials.

Michel wasn't a wasted pick.
Wynn got beat a couple times last night. He's still showing rust/youth.

We agree on Ferentz..

I find it so funny that I was ripping the team last year and they won the superbowl. This year I am defending the team. Weird how things work out.

- Traded Thomas for nothing
- Traded Gordon for nothing
- Cut Brown and still have to pay him
- Gave up a 2nd Round Pick for Sanu for some reason over Sanders

That's why we're losing.

We traded Gordon? That’s news to me. What pick did we get?

In order for me to feel even better about this team's chances at a record setting 7th Super Bowl, I just need this hood rat to officially proclaim that the team is done.

Give it to us, squirt.

Not proclaiming anything. Obviously you have embarrassed yourself already. I will keep rooting for these guys despite having one of the worse offenses from the contenders in the afc. Maybe the defense can carried them but that’s asking too much.

You mean the same game where their either punted, got a FG blocked or turned the ball over on like 10 straight possessions?

Yeah that is all on the refs

You clearly didn't watch the game. Several of those possessions ended the way they did because of a lack of DPI calls on KC.

But please keep acting like the refs had nothing to do with the loss. When USA Today calls out the refs, you know there is an issue..

How did Sanu have 10 catches in the Ravens game, and hasn't done anything since? If he's that hurt just rest him. If it's not that, what happened?

He has a high ankle sprain.

That means he can't cut. At all.

Not proclaiming anything. Obviously you have embarrassed yourself already. I will keep rooting for these guys despite having one of the worse offenses from the contenders in the afc. Maybe the defense can carried them but that’s asking too much.

"Worst offense in the AFC and the defense probably won't be able to carry them."

That's good enough for me.

- Traded Thomas for nothing
- Traded Gordon for nothing
- Cut Brown and still have to pay him
- Gave up a 2nd Round Pick for Sanu for some reason over Sanders

That's why we're losing.

If we had a decent two we would be in good shape. We have a 3 and a 4 in sanu and dorsett. Two rookies one that has potential to be a number 2 and another that’s a 3 or 4.

A two play sequence encapsulates the offense this season:

View attachment 25427

Meyers drops a 3rd down reception. He separated twice from the Chiefs CB1 in big moments this game (who's quietly having a probowl season) but drops both passes.

View attachment 25429

The Chiefs rush 6 vs. a 5 man protection. It's on the QB & WRs to execute.

View attachment 25430

Edelman is wide open. Brady under pressure doesn't deliver an accurate ball.

The surroundings aren't good enough & the QB can't mask the deficiencies as well as in years past.

Brady passer rating under pressure 49.3 (34th)

2018: 71.2 (21st)
2017: 96.6 (1st)
2016: 84.9 (5th)
2015: 97.1 (2nd)

Divide the blame pie as you desire. Tom & the offense can no longer execute under pressure. Teams will keep bringing more rushers than blockers until they show they can

Good post. Meyers had two HUGE drops yesterday. That fourth down pass and then the one in the end zone that cost them a touchdown.

Brady normally hits that pass to Edelman in his sleep. So here's the thing...

1. The O-line is really really bad. And it is affecting EVERYTHING. It impacts the offense AND the defense, because they can't sustain drives and the D has to constantly come up huge. That they've started giving up more points and yards isn't surprising...not just because they're playing better competition but because the offense has gotten worse.

2. Brady simply isn't TOM BRADY anymore. It's just a fact. It's ok...when protected, he's still good, and with the rest of this team being what it is, "good" should be enough, but it's not. He's not good enough to carry what this offense has become with the injuries and losses and terrible OL play.

3. The skill players are really struggling. Meyers dropping passes. Sanu's injury slowing him down. Michel and Burkhead unproductive. Tight ends giving them virtually nothing. Harry nearly invisible. Normally TOM BRADY is enough to lift them, but, well, see point #2 above.

4. The loss of Andrews, Develin, Gronk, Allen, and Trent Brown has been devastating for this offense. That's five *premier* run blockers at their respective positions all GONE. Add to that the decline of Mason and Cannon (for various reasons) and their attempts to turn into a power running team have just gone off the rails. Honestly, if their receivers were still what they are, and they were successful running the ball, this team would be almost impossible to beat. But.........

5. The AB situation really has come back to bite them in the ass. He'd be PERFECT as a *player* for what they need. But the crippler was the lost cap space that made it impossible to get other help at needed positions. It was worth the risk but the downside has really risen up to hurt them.

"Worst offense in the AFC and the defense probably won't be able to carry them."

That's good enough for me.

Worse offense from the contenders. Ravens, chiefs, Texans. Those teams are better right now. Maybe they can get into some type of offensive flow these last 3 games but i have doubts.

Friendly fire. Was this any of you?

Good post. Meyers had two HUGE drops yesterday. That fourth down pass and then the one in the end zone that cost them a touchdown.

Brady normally hits that pass to Edelman in his sleep. So here's the thing...

1. The O-line is really really bad. And it is affecting EVERYTHING. It impacts the offense AND the defense, because they can't sustain drives and the D has to constantly come up huge. That they've started giving up more points and yards isn't surprising...not just because they're playing better competition but because the offense has gotten worse.

2. Brady simply isn't TOM BRADY anymore. It's just a fact. It's ok...when protected, he's still good, and with the rest of this team being what it is, "good" should be enough, but it's not. He's not good enough to carry what this offense has become with the injuries and losses and terrible OL play.

3. The skill players are really struggling. Meyers dropping passes. Sanu's injury slowing him down. Michel and Burkhead unproductive. Tight ends giving them virtually nothing. Harry nearly invisible. Normally TOM BRADY is enough to lift them, but, well, see point #2 above.

4. The loss of Andrews, Develin, Gronk, Allen, and Trent Brown has been devastating for this offense. That's five *premier* run blockers at their respective positions all GONE. Add to that the decline of Mason and Cannon (for various reasons) and their attempts to turn into a power running team have just gone off the rails. Honestly, if their receivers were still what they are, and they were successful running the ball, this team would be almost impossible to beat. But.........

5. The AB situation really has come back to bite them in the ass. He'd be PERFECT as a *player* for what they need. But the crippler was the lost cap space that made it impossible to get other help at needed positions. It was worth the risk but the downside has really risen up to hurt them.

I think you’re asking too much for a 42 year old QB to carry a team at this point of his career with some not good personnel and a underachieving o line. If he was 32 maybe he could do it. Our defense was great in the playoffs last year when it had to be.

Miss field goal, refs,failed 2 point. Should've won that damn game.

11 points the Pats should have had:

- Blocked FG (3 points)
- Missed 2-pt conversion that wouldn't have been tried had the FG been made (1 point)
- Refs screwed up on the Harry TD that ended up a FG (4 points)
- Turnover on downs on the last possession that would simply have been a chip shot FG instead (3 points)

That's not even counting the first turnover on downs that probably would have led to 3 points.

So these things happened and the Pats ended up with only 16 points and that's real life. But the offense actually did better than the numbers suggest, which gives me a little hope moving forward. Normally if you hold KC to 23 points you're likely gonna be in good shape.

I think you’re asking too much for a 42 year old QB to carry a team at this point of his career with some not good personnel and a underachieving o line. If he was 32 maybe he could do it. Our defense was great in the playoffs last year when it had to be.

Totally agree. And I think BB has understood this, which is why the team was morphing into a power running team with a very good defense. This was the model the Broncos used at the end of the Elway era and it made total sense for the Pats to basically be like the 2001-2004 Patriots - strong running, excellent special teams, and terrific defense, plus having a QB that, if you need him to, can put together big-time drives.

Totally agree. And I think BB has understood this, which is why the team was morphing into a power running team with a very good defense. This was the model the Broncos used at the end of the Elway era and it made total sense for the Pats to basically be like the 2001-2004 Patriots - strong running, excellent special teams, and terrific defense, plus having a QB that, if you need him to, can put together big-time drives.

You think this is it for brady? You think he retires or goes elsewhere?

And the Chiefs got lucky on a rare Brady INT and an even rarer long TD against Jones.

The Chiefs being any better in this game is a myth. This game was decided by KC winning 2:1 in turnovers and our red zone woes.

*Not gonna bring up Boger, not gonna bring up Boger*

Harmon totally misplayed the long TD. He should have been going at Hardmen like a heat-seeking missile instead of sitting back and waiting for Hardman to juke him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3