PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna waste another year of good secondary play thanks to this inept offense. Still feel we have the best secondary in the league but it doesn’t matter if your offense can’t move the football. Donkeys where clearly not afraid to get physical with these wrs.

I suspect they'll be fine. Against KC, the offense was out of sync because of Cam. Against Denver, both their offense and dfense were out of sync because of a lack of practice. I am confident that once they get their injured players back and begin practicing without any Covid-related mishaps that they'll play well again.

You really believe this passing offense will start to get in synch? Harry will break out?

I suspect they'll be fine. Against KC, the offense was out of sync because of Cam. Against Denver, both their offense and dfense were out of sync because of a lack of practice. I am confident that once they get their injured players back and begin practicing without any Covid-related mishaps that they'll play well again.
Sure.
I think that if posters here are expecting 2004 or 2014, they’ll be disappointed.

Play well, that’s not enough for many...

Don't really have much to say except that the League got the game they wanted. A team that practiced for 2 weeks straight against another one that had 2 practices in the same time with a QB that missed even more before.

Add in key COVID inactives 48h before the game and then an additional injury to RT at the start of the game and you had a total garbage game on your hands.

Kudos to the team for making it close and almost pulling it off at the end. Hard to see how this team will miss the playoffs if they are ever allowed to play at full strength.

Two tough sacks by Cam in an otherwise pretty good game by him with an amazing hustle to recover a ball that should shut up anyone questioning his drive. Both INTs really not his fault and Izzo's failure to secure the ball even less so.

This is 100% the correct take except that Cam in the passing game was pretty awful. Not practicing obviously didn't help. But he missed a wide open Byrd down the left sideline for a TD on the last drive. Then he missed a wide open Harry on the last play of the game.

Dude, season is over now. The Denver game was a must win. Losing against an inferior team missing their top 2 offensive weapons is inexcusable, and it also told us what kinda team the Pats are. Unfortunately they are who we thought they were. Look at the Pat’s schedule. They might be able to beat SF and the Jets twice, so best case scenario is 5-11. Plus even when they are good, they struggle with the Jets in NY.

I’m not upset about it, I’ve seen it coming for years. Drafting and use of your draft picks is the difference between winning and losing. Saw a no named rookie WR, can’t remember who it was, and when he caught the ball, they said, that was his 10th catch of the year. And I was thinking to myself, ****, this is a 4th or 5th round WR with 10 catches. I’d be THRILLED if any of our rookies had 10 catches. How low the bar has been set.

SF will be real tough next week. I wouldn’t put that as a W just yet.

When the pats scored a td down 18-3 they, correctly, went for 2. How did Trent Green not understand this? If you need 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion on one of them of course you go for 2 the FIRST time that way you know now whether you get the 2 and can play the rest of the game accordingly. In this case they knew they needed 2 scores because they missed it.

Lol what? NOT getting the 2 point conversion made it a two score game.

Getting the PA made it a 1 point game.

He's right. Because now you not only still need a 2 point conversion you also need a fg. Not sure what you're talking about here but it's wrong. Had they kicked the PA they would of known they needed 1 score. You're logic falls under the weight of basic scrutiny

There's going to be a massive over reaction to the state of the offense this game and at the same time there is going a lot ot folks shifting the blame to Covid. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The Cam positive test, The loss of Andrews (and Ferentz) , Mason are huge critical blows to our offense and what were are trying to establish ourselves as. You have to factor in the shortened off-season , 2 weeks of basically zoom meetings and working out at home preparing to play an NFL game.

At the same time there are things on the offense that are beginning to worry me a bit. First and foremost - Oline health, its becoming a reoccuring theme for the group...dating back a few years. Now that we are a run first team, the continuity /chemistry / communication along the line is SO important esp with a new qb.
2. Cam - I saw 2 sides of cam today... For a bit i felt he was in his own head. Trying to deliver the knockout punch with a throw down field and not taking what was given to him. When situations got dire he seemed to turn it up a notch and nearly powered a comeback basically by himself (on offense of course). Im in the dumps of course so a lot of this is going to be overly critical. Its obvious hes still trying to acclimate himself to the team/offense ..its a work in progress still. Will it click in time? I dont know..a lot of that depends on Oline health and another pass catcher emerging. McDaniel play calls did him no favors tho. Speaking of pass catches..

Harry - I've been a Harry defender but when Zubber looks better.. Zubber who has had less time in this offense and barely sees the field ..if he looks better than something is wrong. Im starting to feel like we paid a premium on a excellent blocking WR who can make a catch once in awhile. Not giving up on him but man today was a little tough to swallow. This is the type of game I imagined hed finally break out in. Scrappy, tough game..where we need a big play ..but nope. Dissapeared ( and I dont fault him on that last play.. It was a bad throw due to pressure and he slipped .. Its the type of play that takes some practicing to get down..obv they still arent on the same page).

This is as bad as its going to get. That's the only upside from the offense today. Need to get healthy and get to practicing. Worth noting that Denvers Run D is actually pretty good.

The defense was spectacular. Played a short field nearly all game with little rest but made the plays when needed.

Id certainly entertain a trade for a defensive tackle or a proven tight end who can catch ...however the biggest aid for the offense is repition and health.

Curran makes a great point about the KC game. We lost our starting QB, flew out the same day and competed our butts off against the defending champs. That being said, I didn't see a lack of effort or even a lack of fundamentals that would indicate a lack of coaching or not enough coaching. I just saw a team get beat on both sides of the ball because the talent discrepancy was glaring especially our offense vs their defense.
but the same curran saw pats @ seahawks were cam threw the ball very well and all our wideouts got involved. Yes our talent on WR isnt great. needs a lot of creative playcalling to move. But the biggest issue was the oline today and they couldnt run. They cant win very many if they cant run for 100 at least. Seattle was an anomaly vs a terrible pass defense.

SF is going to blitz like crazy. But i hope BB knows how to play jimmy G.

This guy is part of the pats fan forum clique that believes belichick can walk on water. It’s a group of 5-6 nerds who have a group chat together. They bash anyone who doesn’t share their same holy opinion of lord Belichick

Hahahahah

Sure.
I think that if posters here are expecting 2004 or 2014, they’ll be disappointed.

Play well, that’s not enough for many...

If things normalize then they should be able to beat teams like Denver. Against Baltimore, maybe not...

I find it absolutely hilarious that there are, I'm assuming, grown men in here attacking folks for criticizing a football team. Seriously, unless someone is threatening you or your family why are people in here so sensitive that you need to name call, report, and get people banned...grow up people
AS opposed to grown men who just spend all their time attacking a football team unobjectively and have done it for years....If that doesn't scream incel I dont know what does.

Last edited:
Did Harris get hurt? I mean, I love White for his heroics in the past, but the guy has never been able to make even one move to elude the first whiff of contact. Why didn't Harris play more, I missed some sections of the game due to internet stream.
But, that was some of the most pathetic football I've seen from this team in a long time. Not only execution from no practice, but overall energy and effort. I'd rather see Stidham at this point.

McDaniels has nothing to do with the draft or the Sanu trade. You’ve been saying that for years and you’ve been wrong for years, but keep your agenda going buddy.
I think he should investigate more important things.

DKF Upstarter and Uptownpatsfan both have up in their names. Must be a dual poster. Go get um tiger...

I think this is a flawed team but to just write them off altogether is laughable. I think the defense is solid enough to keep us in games. They’re not great by any means but Bill is obviously a ridiculously good coach who can scheme up ways to get the defense to play above its level. The offense simply needs to be better and I think getting some of the O-linemen healthy will go a long way. Getting Andrews back will be huge as he is a great player as well as leader and will also allow Thuney to go back to guard. I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with Mason but it doesn’t seem to be anything major so I’d hope he’s back soon. Getting them back goes a long way but I feel like a move has to be made for a playmaker. We can’t rely on what we have now to get open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back