PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they supposed to “learn”. A team needs practice. Are they supposed to “learn” how to not need practice?
To expect the unexpected. So that next time they can be ready to play with an NFL level offensive line or have a plan to mitigate the lack of depth.

That play was definitely not on Harry IMO. Granted, tough for Cam to get off a good pass there with the blitz. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team.

But let's say he does catch that pass and they go on to win the game...I still don't feel good about Harry. He wasn't drafted to have 1-3 targets a game and block. And if he was, then taking him in the first round was a realllll reach. If Harry was just even having the production that Byrd is having then I'd be pleased, but he's not. At some point you have to look at a big-bodied receiver who just isn't using said big-body to his advantage and realize he may not be cut out for this team.
Harry has 1 more reception than Byrd this year and 2 fewer than Edelman.

I don't expect Bill to wax poetic on why the Pats lost.

If the team can't perform up to standard without practices, it won't get better without practices. That's like trying to improve your bench press by not strengthening your muscles.
Agreed. Just thought it was interesting he would come out and say it.

To expect the unexpected. So that next time they can be ready to play with an NFL level offensive line or have a plan to mitigate the lack of depth.

Unfortunately, the bolded comes with practice.

What?
You think that they can learn to be better when the roster is decimated? That’s ridiculous. Every team ever wound struggle on the OL with 3 starters out.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, but those of us who have been watching the BB-era Pats have always known that the Pats win with less talent because of the coaching. So are the lack of practices a factor in this game? Absolutely. To say otherwise is disingenuous. It's not wrong to also point out that the talent, or lack thereof, is a problem and amplified in situations like this.

And the only thing Boston fans like more than winning championships is *****ing about their favorite team. That's why Felger has a show, and yes, a following. Losses like today really do make them happy, even if they don't realize it.
I’ve always kind of considered this season an 8-8 season. 2021 is where Bill truly has the chance to rebuild this team into something special. The lack of practices, especially when you consider that most of them are non-padded is a red herring. We supposedly have the GOAT HC. It wasn’t the first time he’s had to get a team ready on short notice. If he’s the GOAT HC, he should have been able to mitigate this situation during a bye week against what was thought to be a vastly inferior team at home. The criticism is going to be even louder as Pats fans watch as Brady drops one dime after another en route to a blowout against a (formerly) 4-0 team.

Nobody is happy. At least not that I can tell. A good portion of us are, rightfully, pissed off. The practice excuse is just a way of being able to avoid a tough conversation about this team as well as several posters sticking to their talking points from 2019.
The team is clearly short on talent at the offensive skill positions. I don’t know how anyone can deny it. Individually they’re all NFL caliber players, but all 3rd/4th wr, 3rd TE types. They don’t have legitimate top guys, and it hurts. A team like this needs to scheme more than others to hide these deficiencies. Fortunately they have the best coaches for that. But today was a very uninspired game plan and very poor execution due to lack of practice. Can’t scheme away those deficiencies if you don’t have time to practice it.

Anyone who thinks that this team is near the top in the NFL in talent is deluding themselves. But that does’t mean they can’t overcome it if things break right. BB himself right after the 2001 SB said, “Can you believe we won the *$&& super bowl with this squad?!” Unfortunately things have not broken right for them the last few weeks.

Now, why don’t they have that top talent in those positions? I don’t know, but BB the GM clearly has some sort of blind spot there because it’s been going on too often and for too long,

What?
You think that they can learn to be better when the roster is decimated? That’s ridiculous. Every team ever wound struggle on the OL with 3 starters out.
Sure. But today was really bad for the OL and quite honestly surprising for a BB team. Felt he is usually one step ahead of it all.

Broken record whining going on up in here. Worse than my kids...wah, wah, wah
Well it’s been 20 months since we won a Sb and we have only won 3 of the last 6 so people have a lot to be angry about and this team really owes us some answers about why they don’t seem to know how to win or even care about it. Can’t you see they are either stupid or not trying?

The overall play quality across the entire league is down.....the pats practiced twice in 2 weeks and had 8 guys missing and they still almost pulled it off........all things considered, crappy football all the way around

The overall play quality across the entire league is down.....the pats practiced twice in 2 weeks and had 8 guys missing and they still almost pulled it off........all things considered, crappy football all the way around

The Broncos tried their hardest to give the game away in the 4th quarter without their mistakes and shocking redzone execution it's a blowout.

Sure. But today was really bad for the OL and quite honestly surprising for a BB team. Felt he is usually one step ahead of it all.
His can he be ahead of it? He’s playing guys who in a normal year wouldn’t even suit up.

A good portion of people here are very happy right now.

I don't know what this team is yet. Today isn't diagnostic. We will see, but this was a winnable game that got away.

i wouldn’t worry about team identity this year.....every week, those guys who took the year off look smarter and smarter

The idea that not practicing and playing a team who had 2 weeks to prepare is a non factor can only be coming from people who have never played football. The entire concept of a football team is built around practice, repetition and mental and physical preparation. Of course you can go out and compete and try to work through it, but to call it a non factor is mind boggling.
Now if the Qb had dealt with the pressure without crapping himself maybe the team still could have won despite a makeshift ol that made it a bigger challenge.

The Broncos tried their hardest to give the game away in the 4th quarter without their mistakes and shocking redzone execution it's a blowout.
Does the patriot defense not get credit for their red zone play or taking the ball away? Should we say newton tried his hardest to give the game away with his 2 picks?

Both of Cam Newton's throws were tipped. So hard so say those int's were just terrible by Cam. The first one was a freak accident. The DLineman diving for that was incredible on his part.

I don’t like the batted balls on those throws. Those can turn into picks too. Weird to see him so prone to that. Only thing I can think of is he might be telegraphing his throw or slow to wind up?

The team is clearly short on talent at the offensive skill positions. I don’t know how anyone can deny it. Individually they’re all NFL caliber players, but all 3rd/4th wr, 3rd TE types. They don’t have legitimate top guys, and it hurts. A team like this needs to scheme more than others to hide these deficiencies. Fortunately they have the best coaches for that. But today was a very uninspired game plan and very poor execution due to lack of practice. Can’t scheme away those deficiencies if you don’t have time to practice it.

Anyone who thinks that this team is near the top in the NFL in talent is deluding themselves. But that does’t mean they can’t overcome it if things break right. BB himself right after the 2001 SB said, “Can you believe we won the *$&& super bowl with this squad?!” Unfortunately things have not broken right for them the last few weeks.

Now, why don’t they have that top talent in those positions? I don’t know, but BB the GM clearly has some sort of blind spot there because it’s been going on too often and for too long,
They have the same types of talent they have had for years. The very approach that emphasizes team over individual success, causing the claim of lack of talent made this the most successful franchise ever. The franchise was built from the trenches out and lost a game today because they were decimated there on both sides of the ball due to a worldwide pandemic.
I don’t think we need to worry that the last 20 years are smoke and mirrors and we need to scrap the plan.

Both of Cam Newton's throws were tipped. So hard so say those int's were just terrible by Cam. The first one was a freak accident. The DLineman diving for that was incredible on his part.

I like Cam but many of the deflected passes at the line are on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes