PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhh don’t say that too loudly around here. He was getting open all day and newton didn’t see him.

And so you have to result to outright lying about what people are saying.

I said he got open several times. And he did. And on the last series Newton flat out missed him. You'd know that as FACT if you actually watched the game, which is now in doubt.

I don't want to get down on Harry as it's never the player's fault where they're drafted but I would love to know what BB saw to justify taking him over Metcalf and A.J. Brown. Both look like special talents and well, you know...

If you know you're transitioning and have no intention of bringing Brady back, why not start preparing then? Seems like we're now caught in no man's roster building land.

Your excuses for crap posts are astounding. I'm not extrapolating from ONE sentence. I'm going by your posts (PLURAL).

You're incorrect about Brown. He's practiced.

Another guy who comes out of the woodwork to b***h about the team but is silent otherwise.
Buddy, I haven't posted here in like 4 years. So if you want to go back and comb through my posts from the 2009-2016 years, then go ahead and waste your day away.

God forbid somebody criticize this team though. I'm sure they appreciate you defending them lmaoooo

Hope butler is okay. Game took a toll. Gonna be a rough season.

Sure looked like he tore his bicep the way he was holding his arm. Hope I'm wrong and it was just strained..

And if Cam had hit the wide open Harry on the final play of the game he would have bailed us out as well. Unfortunately, the all out pressure forced it out too quick which might be connected a bit to the OL.
That play was definitely not on Harry IMO. Granted, tough for Cam to get off a good pass there with the blitz. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team.

But let's say he does catch that pass and they go on to win the game...I still don't feel good about Harry. He wasn't drafted to have 1-3 targets a game and block. And if he was, then taking him in the first round was a realllll reach. If Harry was just even having the production that Byrd is having then I'd be pleased, but he's not. At some point you have to look at a big-bodied receiver who just isn't using said big-body to his advantage and realize he may not be cut out for this team.

I blame a lot of this on Belichick's over-reliance to listening to crappy player evaluation advice from McDaniels. Wasted 1st rd bust picks on Harry or Michel, or TEs, or a 2nd for Sanu.
McDaniels has nothing to do with the draft or the Sanu trade. You’ve been saying that for years and you’ve been wrong for years, but keep your agenda going buddy.

Buddy, I haven't posted here in like 4 years. So if you want to go back and comb through my posts from the 2009-2016 years, then go ahead and waste your day away.

God forbid somebody criticize this team though. I'm sure they appreciate you defending them lmaoooo

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension as well as the definition of words like CRITICIZE. Criticize doesn't mean to "wontonly s**t upon". Which is what you've done to this point. Your posts haven't been remotely cogent.

BTW, I know it's been awhile since you posted. Hence my statement about coming out of the woodwork but otherwise being silent.

Summing this game up succinctly - NFL 1 - Patriots 0.

There is no way this game should have been played when one of the teams cannot practice. Ridiculous.

Lots of issues in this game. OL was screwed and even Wynn was bad. Made life uncomfortable for Cam all day. They were able to come after Cam betting that the Patriots receivers couldn't get any separation and they were 100% correct. I couldn't see much of what N'Keal Harry was doing but he rarely got targeted. Byrd is having a better season thus far. Defense played decently all things considered. Didn't allow a TD and had big interceptions to keep us in it. JJones gets some prompts today. They came after him a lot and he seemed to rise to the occasion.

We looked like **** but then again we've barely been practicing.

You should put your mind on something other than football for about 72 hours. Losing a game is not affecting you well.
I’m fine with losing the game. It just showed us what the Pats are as a team. Total rebuild is needed.

I’m fine with losing the game. It just showed us what the Pats are as a team. Total rebuild is needed.
No it isn’t.

That play was definitely not on Harry IMO. Granted, tough for Cam to get off a good pass there with the blitz. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team.

But let's say he does catch that pass and they go on to win the game...I still don't feel good about Harry. He wasn't drafted to have 1-3 targets a game and block. And if he was, then taking him in the first round was a realllll reach. If Harry was just even having the production that Byrd is having then I'd be pleased, but he's not. At some point you have to look at a big-bodied receiver who just isn't using said big-body to his advantage and realize he may not be cut out for this team.

So you trade/cut/bench Harry. Now what ?

To me this is a conversation for the offseason. Who are you realistically upgrading him with now ?

The number of targets is on CAM and McDaniels. When the game plan is to primarily RUN the ball, no receiver is going to have a lot of targets. But you don't seem to understand that. Just like the other Harry haters who haven't been paying attention to ALL the facets of Harry's game. Just like you ignore that the kid still doesn't have a full season's worth of games under his belt. If he was in year 3 and still not producing, you might have a point. But you're ignoring so many things that one can't take your opinion seriously.

BTW, Harry was rated as a 1st round receiver by just about every Scouting agency and numerous teams. The biggest thing on him was that he was RAW so it would take awhile for him to produce at the pro level.

Plenty of good pieces... but there are big holes in key places.

Sure it does. You blamed a lack of practice for the result today. When you do that, pointing out another team which didn’t practice for two weeks and had no idea who they were playing a week before the game, yet went out and crushed their opponent is a haymaker of a counterpoint. Furthermore, don’t we have the GOAT HC, who is supposed to be renowned for navigating around situations like this? Who is supposed to be the best at having his team prepared no matter what? Or does that talking point fade when you’d rather do anything but admit that our skill possession players are not very good? Clear it up for me.

Oh, and by the way, those tipped passes were not “unlucky.” You should know what you’re looking at. As @PP2 also pointed out in the game thread, the tips came because Cam was staring down his targets. That had nothing to do with luck. That isn’t something that’s getting fixed by a week of unpadded practice. That isn’t something that’s getting mitigated by an off-season of work in a system that he’s already played in previously. That’s a habit. The WRs aren’t going to magically separate from man coverage with a weak of practice. That was another big problem today, just like it was last season. N’Keal Harry isn’t going to magically become a sprinter, or even an NFL-caliber WR for that matter, with a week of practice.

Here, for hilarity’s sake, answer me this: where do you rank our skill position players amongst the NFL?
@luuked that’s what I thought. Continuing the tradition of Brits who know absolutely nothing about American football. Stick to soccer.

It's really too bad you continue to post garbage like this. You've lost any sense of actual football evaluation you might have had. You've become a borderline troll with this garbage.

I apologize you're correct. Upon further review I think Harry's going to be the next Randy Moss. He just needs a bit more time.

When a rusher is directly in front of you about to hit you and you throw the ball right at him that’s a stupid olay and you earned the pick that results.
it doesn’t much matter who is at WR. We need to run the ball to create passing opportunities that create easy wide open throws. We aren’t winning many games if we try to drop back and throw it 30+ times.
It wasn’t all rushers in front of him. A few of them were rushers that beat the tackles and he flat out held the ball too long.

With the way the Dolphins are teabagging the Jets, we’re about to fall to 3rd place on the division.

Rookie WR Tyler Johnson just caught a TD pass from Tom Brady. He was drafted 2 slots after Belichick drafted the Nazi Practice Squad kicker. Johnson would be tied for the lead in TD catches on our team.

Not sure what people expected but in this covid seasson this is what we are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back