PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you grade the last big free agent spend?

Judon? great (Agreed)
Mills? great (Have you been drinking?)
Henry? good (Decent player but overpay)
God? good, had a great year this year, not great last. year (He had a good year not great…overpay)
Trent -great 1st year, not great this year. in fact bad (Agreed)
Jonnu- real bad (Too generous to say real bad…awful AND expensive)
Aghlor- bad (Awful)
Bourne- Not great, has shown flashes, but I think he'll be here next year and we got him for the cheap. (Actually feel he can still be a good player for us)

Overall, other than Jonnu and Agholor, there have been a lot of good signings.
(Disagree and think Kraft will too…my comments above)

I guess we needed the special teams kicker and player Brendan Schooler. The special teams coach is going to be fired.

Maybe I've read a lot of people on here complain that it was the refs fault. Maybe they're right and the special teams just had a bad game

Patriots would have comfortably clinched a WC spot a few games ago with a different O.C.

The issue is pretty glaring. I don't think things are as bleak as they seem.

As an outsider, they need that legit #1 receiver. A guy who can take the top of a defense. IE Chase or Jefferson type guy.
Tom Dmitroff once asked Bill about drafting Julio Jones. Bill said you can always find good receivers later, or words to that effect. His offensive philosophy has always negated the importance of great receivers, even though he went out and got Moss, a great move. He values receivers less than players at other positions. That’s one reason the Pats don't have a no. 1 receiver.

(Disagree and think Kraft will too…my comments above)
Wow, if you think Mills was a bad signing than you're probably one of the only people around that does. Minimal pay, not brought in to be the number 1 corner, and you saw how good he was last year and earlier this year.

Patricia getting the hang of things? Are you delusional? If anything the final two drives EPITOMIZED Patricia's failures as an OC. When they chips are down, he calls moronic plays like a screen pass short of the endzone for the 2 point conversion and a draw play on 2nd and 20 that leads to 3rd and 19. Matt Patricia is a BUFFOON and needs to be demoted from the OC position ASAP. I know they call him 'offensive assistant' but that's just so they don't need to pay his salary, the Lions are doing that at the moment.

CHEAPING out on OC was a disastrous mistake by BB and he better not repeat the FAILED experiment again this offseason! Hire a real OC with credentials! Mac Jones, essentially lost a year of development because he got the two crappiest coaches possible put in charge of the offense - Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. Maybe Mac's not the guy but it's so hard to tell with the coaching in place right now. Mac made some plays today true, with 3 TD passes, but those 3 INTs also killed us. So it's a wash and in the end the offense still only scores 23 total points not enough to keep up with good teams in a shootout where the offense has to carry the load to get a win.
The interceptions are not on Mac.

Agholor should have caught the contested ball or worst case at least slapped it away.

The last two are forced choices and the pass to Harris was because of lack of chemistry and Harris not being a great receiving back. Henry was overthrown a bit in pressure.

Otherwise he was on money helping us compete after 2 ST gifted TDs.

Mac has shown enough this season to ensure we put the best players and we have a decent chance of winning like 49ers . The playcalling is the difference between us and 49ers.

1. Firstly sack Cam Achord and replace with Joe Judge .
  2. Next move Patricia to Ernie role and get a new OC. Not sure if we need BoB or someone else.
  3. Hire a new offensive line coach a veteran from college football or one of the other teams.
  4. Fire WR coach Troy Brown for failing to develop Thornton and get a new one.
Now resign some of our players

Harris at less than 5 million AAV on a 1 year prove it contract.
J Jones if he is not too expensive
Peppers.
Meyers at 11-13 MM AAV

Trade Jonnu and take a cap hit of 6-8 million. No point wasting snaps on him.
Cut all contacts with agholor
Cut Folk
Cut Bailey
Cut T Brown
Cut Ferentz
Cut M Bryant
Cut Cajuste or sign as PS player.

Now in the off-season depending on available players, this would be my priority for signings

1. OT mid level veteran like Karras
  2. Stud athletic Linebacker to spy on mobile QB
  3. Middle level CB like Mills

In draft go
OT
OT
Safety
LB / CB
WR / TE
Kicker
Punter

Tom Dmitroff once asked Bill about drafting Julio Jones. Bill said you can always find good receivers later, or words to that effect. His offensive philosophy has always negated the importance of great receivers, even though he went out and got Moss, a great move. He values receivers less than players at other positions. That’s one reason the Pats don't have a no. 1 receiver.
BillB did try with 2nd rounder, Thornton. But so far, that too is a MISS.

I thought Mac had a good game, toward the end he tried to force too many things. Is he in the same category as Allen, no. Every time I watch Allen, I am more impressed. Just a great talent, a top 2-3 qb...you can debate Mahomes, Allen or Burrow, but I am really impressed with Josh Allen.
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, Lawrence... the conference is loaded with elite young quarterbacks.

I think you're being generous when you call a 3-pick game "good." I think Mac's ceiling is in the B- range. He needs an elite WR1, although as I've said repeatedly, I like their current group of WRs. The team needs to bring in a qualified OC too. BB did Mac a major disservice with Patricia and Judge. I think there's unanimous agreement on this last point.

Wow, if you think Mills was a bad signing than you're probably one of the only people around that does. Minimal pay, not brought in to be the number 1 corner, and you saw how good he was last year and earlier this year.
Injury prone, and burned a lot in coverage…still better than the Bryant-eho is my least favorite Pats CB since Deltha O’neil. Not awful but any means but calling that a “great” signing is massive exaggeration IMO.

Injury prone, and burned a lot in coverage…still better than the Bryant-eho is my least favorite Pats CB since Deltha O’neil. Not awful but any means but calling that a “great” signing is massive exaggeration IMO.
fair enough, we'll agree to disagree and move on like two girls always do.

Hopkins is the first guy I think of, but since Bill O'Brien seems like a likely OC candidate for next year, that probably kills any chance of a Hopkins trade.
Hopkins over Brien imo

I should have said bekichick "doesn't like to" outbid other teams. But yeah I don't know if he'll pay top dollar for a star or male an aggressive trade

We'll see
I agree. FA is a such a crap shoot.

I think it's safe to make a call the 2021 FA class

Judon- A+
HH- B-
Mills- C+
God- B-
Agholor- D+
Smith- F-

He might be at safety next year. Not great in man coverage but he turned out better than many expected.

The John Brown TD pass where Josh Allen waved him to go deep was the result of Myles Bryant being lackadaisical and doing Myles Bryant type things.

John Brown is speedy, no?

I agree. FA is a such a crap shoot.

I think it's safe to make a call the 2021 FA class

Judon- A+
HH- B-
Mills- C+
God- B-
Agholor- D+
Smith- F-
Agholor is D- . You are being too generous.

With the number of fumbles and interceptions he has caused he should return at least 10-15 million of his contract value. That's how bad he is.

Jonnu did not play but relatively less negative plays. Agholor plays for our opponents more like an spy ....

Too early to say, but he missed time with a broken collarbone and it’s a dysfunctional offense so . . .

Blame all around - Mac Jones + Patricia + BillB.

You can say that when you have Tom Brady. Gronk and Edelman could beat their man. They were arguably #1s even they weren't traditional. Pats missed Justin Jefferson by one pick.

That approach works with Tom Brady at QB.

But Mac needs a legit #1. Most teams in the postseason have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST