PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

You guy realize that Henry Anderson is one person, our injured DT, not TE Hunter?

Oh my mistake…I got a line break after Henry and thought it read Henry, Anderson.

Agholor and Henry aren’t realistic cuts.

Agholor is owed $14M, so you have to pay him rather than just eating $10M for nothing.

Henry is actually a negative net cap hit if cut in 2022. He costs $15M, but cutting him is $19M.

They can free up 2.5M with Guy and 2.5M with Anderson.

They could, with Henry, Smith, or Judon, restructure by pushing money into 2023 and converting roster into signing bonus, but it would mean there’s no getting out of these contracts the next year and financially committing for a longer term…the team trades off its ability to move on sooner. So restructuring is fine provided you’re confident the player will be there next year. For a guy like Smith, they’re probably better off just ripping the band aid off, taking the hit, and moving on from him after 2022.
No one wants to cut Hunter Henry lol… he said Henry Anderson

He would really have to suck to get cut, with the net savings only $4M. He would have be deemed as a less than a $4M value for it to make financial sense.
Either that, or they'd have to find 2 WRs they preferred as part of the team's starting 4. And I don't know how they feel about

1642316070561.png
1642316095827.png

Taking all things into account, do they really feel that they got acceptable value for their investment? I'm not sure they would (I'm not sure they wouldn't, either). Moving on wouldn't be the biggest surprise BB'd ever dropped on us.

He would really have to suck to get cut, with the net savings only $4M. He would have be deemed as a less than a $4M value for it to make financial sense.
Yeah as I said a few posts up, I think they’ll keep him unless they make a move that makes him somewhat redundant, and so they can cut him and put that $4M toward whoever is replacing him.
But that feels unlikely, so he will probably be on the team.

Either that, or they'd have to find 2 WRs they preferred as part of the team's starting 4. And I don't know how they feel about

View attachment 40003
View attachment 40004

Taking all things into account, do they really feel that they got acceptable value for their investment? I'm not sure they would.

No…definitely bad value, but I think it’s a sunken cost. They’re out a minimum of $10M in 2022 no matter what.

Yeah, you’re right. They could just say Agholor is a bad fit and they’ll just take the hit and move on. I just didn’t see him as being that bad.

The team may try to create some dummy year with this contract like a one year extension for like $10-12M but only $2M guaranteed. That way he would get an extra $2M, but they could spread out this big hit...$8M in 2022 and $8M in 2023 (going from a total liability of $16M instead of $14M). And there’s a remote possibility he’ll play up to the contract and stay another year.

Ugly showing tonight. I honestly think the overall outcome of this season is what we’ll see going forward in the coming years. Our days of being elite are over

Finished 1-4 in the last 5 games. Pathetic. Started 2-4 including 0-4 at home. Worst halftime differential in BB playoff history. Multiple worst-ever rushing yards given up games. 5-10 in December since 2019. Something is rotten on BB's staff.

The Patriots looked not bad at all in some early season losses, they pulled it together for an extended period of the season, then suffered what a number of teams over the many years have suffered, seemingly irreversibly degraded/degrading performance in the last month of the season. That degraded performance this last month segued right into to this game. This game additionally demonstrated Buffalo is crystal clearly the better team in January 2022. But as good as the Bills' operationally(on the field) looked, the lopsidedness of the defeat had to be on the tactical level too. The Bills coaching staff game planned and prepared their team to take full advantage of the Patriots weaknesses. Whatever BB and staff prepared the team for, it was tactically poor. So you congratulate the Bills and on to 2022 season.
Worst thing that can be done is now let anger demand this, that, the other. Mac was a rookie. Everyone should look for ward to what he can do in his first veteran status season. Clearly adding some run stopping capability will make a huge difference (the Patriots weak run D was killing the overall Defense). Add a marquee receiver and there's plenty of optimism for 2022.

View attachment 40003
View attachment 40004

Taking all things into account, do they really feel that they got acceptable value for their investment? I'm not sure they would (I'm not sure they wouldn't, either). Moving on wouldn't be the biggest surprise BB'd ever dropped on us.
He had one of the worst season of his career. He had half the production he had last year with Carr.

My question is: is it solely on him or he isn’t a fit for this scheme and Bill miscast him and didn’t put him in a position to succeed asking him to do some thing that he has not the skill to do?

he was open on the pick. Mac threw it late, short and on the inside shoulder. It should have been either more over the top or on the outside shoulder. Is it on Agholor or on Mac he didn’t have yardage.

Pats exceeded expectations and have nothing to be ashamed of. The Bills are the better team. Pats aren’t ready. I’m glad they at least made it to the playoffs.

With that being said, this game is a great example why team statistics can be overrated like the people on here pushing “points per game”. Their lack of talent on D was badly exposed. Lots of needs this offseason.
The second half of your lost is what i agree with
The Pats have over $27 million in cap space for 2022 which is 17th most (or middle of the pack in the NFL). The Pats are In far better cap space than most of the top AFC teams.

thanks for the link

so we can make some slight improvements. But the cap hit for current guys like Jonnu is pretty big though

He had one of the worst season of his career. He had half the production he had last year with Carr.

My question is: is it solely on him or he isn’t a fit for this scheme and Bill miscast him and didn’t put him in a position to succeed asking him to do some thing that he has not the skill to do?

he was open on the pick. Mac threw it late, short and on the inside shoulder. It should have been either more over the top or on the outside shoulder. Is it on Agholor or on Mac he didn’t have yardage.
The ball also hanged in the air. The ball needed to get their quicker.

The second half of your lost is what i agree with

thanks for the link

so we can make some slight improvements. But the cap hit for current guys like Jonnu is pretty big though
Miguel has the Pats with 2.5 M going into the next season when all franchise-tag and RFA tenders are picked up before any cut or restrucure, next year is still quite tight, but will jump in 2023, however a lot of young talent has to be brought in and hopefully it starts with a home run draft this year, because only acquiring veteran FA won't make it, you need to have also good players on rookie contract that are actually contributing from the start and not red shirting them 3 years

I groaned when we lost to Miami and LV won. I don't think Cincy does that to us.

I understand the argument about the talent on offense but IMO we have talent, we simply didn’t optimize it.

Agholor had 900 yds last year for Vegas with 8 TD. 6 of them for more than 20 yards. This year only 450 yds.

Smith had 450 yds last year with 8 TD. He was a RZ nightmare last year. This year he had less than 300 yds and was a complete non factor.

all the players suddenly forgot how to play when thy become Patriots or is there another reason for that?

What an embarassing and pathetic performance...
Bills are a better team but this brutal collapse was tough to see
This was either a collapse or a team that overachieved because they had a stretch where they played poor banged up teams. There is no inbetween here. Pick one. I personally think the pats were paper tigers. If you look at their win streak it's extremely easy to see how and why they won those games... Same with the losses. The evidence is right in front of you. You can choose to acknowledge it or ignore it.

I definitely didn’t see this score coming. In fact with it being as cold as it was I figured it be RUN RUN RUN. Just so hard to catch the ball when it’s rock hard from cold. Y’all’s future is bright no doubt!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back